J.Crew x Alden Indy Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by videocrew, Aug 10, 2009.

1. videocrew

videocrew Senior member

On Saturday I went by the Alden store on Madison and tried on a pair of Indy boots. Great, incredibly comfortable, but I didn't love the color. I decided to wait until the J. Crew version Mr. Mort had predicted was released. Well, on Sunday I wandered into the liquor store, and they were right there on the front table!

First, the bad news: There was talk of these being ~$200. They are not. They are retailing for $450, a $125 upcharge over the standard Alden 405's.

But the good news: They are INCREDIBLE. (Yes, I have ugly carpet, great).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wore them out of the store and so they have about 5 miles of wear on them. Incredibly comfortable, great collaboration.

2. dunkin

dunkin Senior member

how are they different from normal indys? besides the color? and whats that leather loop in the boot?

3. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

will these be included in the 30% off with purchases over $250 or something?

4. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

how are they different from normal indys? besides the color? and whats that leather loop in the boot?
    It's on the tongue... I dunno about quality (I would imagine leathersoul's ultimate indys are still the standard) but I will withhold judgment.

5. hossoso

hossoso Coward and P*ssy

It's on the tongue... I dunno about quality (I would imagine leathersoul's ultimate indys are still the standard) but I will withhold judgment.

Looks like a shoe tree to me.

6. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

$450 ? Ouch. The 30% would defintely help, for sure..

7. videocrew

videocrew Senior member

Looks like a shoe tree to me.
    Yeah, its a pair of cheap Bass shoe trees inside the shoes. Like the LeatherSoul ones, these are fully leather-lined. I'm not sure if they're Chromexcel, I'm hoping that will come to light, but they felt more refined than the 405's I tried the day before.

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

will these be included in the 30% off with purchases over $250 or something?

Where can you get the 30% off from? Is there a printable coupon or code somewhere?

Also, are the Alden Indy's available in every J. Crew stores or just a select few?

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Also, videocrew, do you happen to have an item number?

10. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

Anyone know what the JCrew employee discount is? I know a store manager. Might be worth calling in a favor.

11. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Anyone know what the JCrew employee discount is? I know a store manager. Might be worth calling in a favor.

I know a store manager in Austin too. Maybe we can place a bulk order LOL. It's not the girl with the name of a Simon and Garfunkel song is it?

12. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I know a store manager in Austin too. Maybe we can place a bulk order LOL. It's not the girl with the name of a Simon and Garfunkel song is it?
    'Who is "Cecilia", Alex?'

What's the deal? This boot has been available for years, and now people are tripping over themselves to kop just because jcrew is stocking them?

13. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

Nah, it's a dude. Small world, though.
    'Who is "Cecilia", Alex?' What's the deal? This boot has been available for years, and now people are tripping over themselves to kop just because jcrew is stocking them?
    For me it's just a chance to maybe get that on the cheap. The J. Crew connection makes them a bit easier to try on and return though. I think I prefer the standard indys, though.

14. robin

robin Senior member

These versions are made with a nicer leather than the regular 405's and are also lined in leather instead of canvas.

15. dunkin

dunkin Senior member

+1
    thanks for the answer.....
    i'll just stick with my broken in pair and #8 shells
    hopeully Tom has me on a pair of the tan suede when he gets them........