1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pnewelljr, Oct 4, 2012.

1. hyogen

hyogen Senior member

2. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

I come over here as well looking to see if the suits ever went on sale. I picked up the Irish Linen Ludlow pants and really like them. I've been trying to find the matching jacket in the indigo linen to no avail. I don't think it's worth $300 to me but if I could get it for less then I would. I don't really need another suit but I dark blue linen suit would be cool and I would get a lot of wear out of it. Does anybody know if the Ludlow suits fit true to size? There is a not a J Crew near where I am now.

3. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

they are a little oversized imo. i am usually a 46 and am a 44l in ludlows

4. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Senior member

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  5. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

^^ nice score! Good looking shirt

6. NickyEyes

NickyEyes Well-Known Member

i see the 25% off sale excludes the suits. I was wondering if the 30% off sale when you open up a jcrew card excluded them too. around $450, i'm interested. $650, meh.

7. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

I have found that if I go into a store and talk to a sales rep that they will honor the 25%off on the suits I well. I just did tis with the Navy Linen Ludlow Suit. They didn't carry it in the store but he ordered it for me at the 25% off price even though they were suppose to be excluded. They even gave me free overnight shipping to my house. J. Crew has great customer service and I think the salesmen in the store have some flexibility with what they are able to offer.

Not sure if this applies but J Crew always has 15%off everything for students. (I'm one of those lifelong students myself, i've been in college for 9 years straight but I just got my PhD dissertation topic approved so I can see the light!)

8. masaccio

masaccio Senior member

When I opened my account a couple of years ago I did just this. I bought a Navy Ludlow suit with the card discount.

As others have said, the sales people are fairly empowered in this regard. Having said that, I just ordered some Alden Chukkas and I called to see if I could get them to override and give me the current promotion discount. No dice.

9. CSCoHammers7

CSCoHammers7 Senior member

Any 38R guys interested in a Ludlow suit in grey Italian worsted wool (The Tollegno mill one on their site)? Side vents, notch lapels. Just wanted to do an interest check before I make a listing since I'm on the fence about selling it in the first place. My dress wardrobe is slowly getting more classic and the 2.5" lapels are too slim for a lot of my shirt collars and ties. Retail $650 prob looking for about $400. Thanks guys!

10. theh00d

theh00d Senior member

Looking for this shirt in size XS

[​IMG]

11. Kenneth Cole Haan

Kenneth Cole Haan Senior member

General question: Is Wallace & Barnes really separate, they seem to have the same fabric (buttons, etc) and similar style, and are not considered seperate on the website. They aren't listed under "in good company".

Is it just the J Crew higher marque, or is Wallace & Barnes really separate?

12. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

It's just branding. I've seen no difference in quality between Wallace and Barnes and normal J Crew (FWIW I like a lot of "normal" J Crew).

13. cuponoodles

cuponoodles Senior member

Anybody get the e-mail for the F/W pre-orders?

It doesn't look too different from most other seasons (fair isle sweaters, heavyweight cardigans, etc.), but I am loving the brown tweed that they have up there. Picture below:

[​IMG]

Club Monaco had a similar offering last winter, and I never picked it up.

14. masshi

masshi Senior member

484 sun-faded chinos in "rusty brick":

http://i.imgur.com/zUaiOo3.jpg

Good fit, yeah? (28x32; i'm only ~123 lbs. at 5'8)

Please ignore the mess in the background. lol

15. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

theh00d no joke i literally just threw away that shirt in xs about a month ago because i've owned it for a while and never wore it. lmao :slayer:

16. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Damn I thought I was skinny at 5'9 and 143... Pants can be hemmed for more accurate fit, but looks good

17. theh00d

theh00d Senior member

Shiitt!!! lol
    oh well Im keep looking

18. Kbar

Kbar New Member

It may sound a little grimy, but I was able to stretch out the discount at jcrew recently and combine the 30% with the 15% student discount. They are not supposed to do it, but if you find a less informed worker you can push for it. Using a personal shopper, or the chat feature can also help

Mind you that you can get the 30% just by applying for the J.Crew card, and if you get turned down you can repeat the process.

I picked up the Ludlow Italian worsted wool suit in charcoal, size 34/s, and 30/30 for the pants. (came out to be about 380, with free overnight shipping)

as far as fit. The 34/s runs a little larger then suitsupply's 34, and fits like some more modern cuts of 36's

Fits very well off the rack, with just sleeves needing some work (slight trim, and shortened)

From what I can tell about the quality, it is comparable with similar priced Hugo Boss suits, and possibly a little better then the similar C.M suits.

I have strange measurements so unless I m going with an MTM or etc, finding a suit in my size that can be bought in separates saves me a lot of money.

Just for general knowledge, their XS jackets are for the most part a little longer then their 36s (which is already longer then most modern 36s)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  19. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Re: stacking discount. It's not grimey at all. The SAs I know do it for me all the time. They can even expedite shipping for free and have done it. I've bought the Lee jeans before and those are excluded from the 30% sale. The SA couldn't override it on the CPU so he called for the prices to be adjusted manually. If you build rapport with a couple of SAs and buy stuff from them, they will treat you well.

20. zxu426

zxu426 Senior member