• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone from the J crew store that works at Eaton's needs to start posting on here. Most of my clothes is from Club Monaco but I also like J crew and they have more color. But just like Club Monaco I only buy their stuff on sale.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the one advantage Club Monaco has over J.Crew, at the moment. Almost everything goes on sale after a few weeks. And like J.Crew, most is not worth the high price. But I do prefer the cut of J.Crew's shirts to Club Monaco's. CM shirts tend to have really long arms, and really tight waists.

Last edited:

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

But I do prefer the cut of J.Crew's shirts to Club Monaco's.

Spoke too soon. I bought another oxford over the weekend, thinking it would fit the same as the one I already own. Not so. I had to size down one. Also, once I got it home, I noticed one side of the shirt was cut shorter than the other side. Not really crazy about the shirt besides that, though, so I think I'll return it.

zacherywolf7

Reaction score
Definitely in love with the striped cable knit sweater. Will get that as soon as possible

LEgoiste

Reaction score
Does J.Crew ever have coupon that includes regular priced Ludlow suits?

Bbombers85

Reaction score
Does J.Crew ever have coupon that includes regular priced Ludlow suits?
Holiday season maybe. However, you can do it if you stay up late. Whenever they have a promo (first day - usually a Monday), around 12:05 when it starts, nothing is immediately excluded. This is the window to get it done.

This past December Aldens weren't excluded for a while until someone there caught it, but they still honor the purchases.

Last edited:

jhwendland

Reaction score
Check ebay first. Plenty of new with box at 40-50% off.
Thanks. I never had any intention of paying full price for them. I was worried they might be **** shoes, but I should probably stop wasting time looking for something else and jump on a pair.

J BAILEY

Reaction score
For anybody who's tried their slim shirts, what did you think of the fit? I'm pretty skinny (6'1", ~140 lbs), curious if a slim medium would work for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads