J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pnewelljr, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Viral

Viral Senior member

when bought on sale, J Crew has some the best stuff for everyday use. Heck, even some of their dress trousers are quite nice for the price (depending on the level of discount). The sweaters you linked are sold out on the US website, but they look great.

For everyday use that won't kill my pocket, I like their cashmere sweaters (can be had for under a $100 every season if you time the sales correctly).

I almost swear by their driving loafers!

2. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Senior member

I love JCREW for many things.

I have them down for sweatpants, polos, shorts, and some button downs. Have not been interested much in their button down fabrics or colors lately.

I also use them for kids clothes, for which I took advantage of this 40% off sale.

3. althanis

althanis Senior member

I actually got three of their cashmere sweaters for about $30CAD each about three months ago in-store at the Eaton Centre, which I thought was weird as fall was coming.

The reviews aren't great, but I haven't gotten the chance to wear them as yet.

4. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I"m normally an XS in Club Monaco in sweaters (MAX though, any bigger and I'll size up) and I find certain sweaters in J crew that were XS is SUPER tight and cannot be worn.

And other sweaters XS fits fine.

The quality is the same for both J crew and Club Monaco imo. But the sizing is inconsistent

5. jhwendland

jhwendland Senior member

I have to disagree. Club Monaco's knitwear is vastly superior to J Crew's. I'm yet to purchase a shirt from CM (not a fan of those near nonexistent collars), but I have to assume the quality of their shirts' construction is miles ahead of J Crew.

The only thing I really count on J Crew for is pants.