• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

Guus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by netsua
I'm looking for a nice slim fitted OCBD, I was thinking of picking up this guy: http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...7658/17658.jsp anyone have own one that can offer some insight? or suggest a better buy?
I don't know much about the OCBD but that is a sale item. I would wait for a promotion. http://www.jcrew.com/browse/single_p...=1267914810389 I'm gonna kop this when a promotion hits. I should have gotten it back in Dec when retail stores were selling it for less than $30!

Blog Marley

Reaction score
i know this is
deadhorse-a.gif
but has there ever been a consensus on the difference between the clarks db and the macalister db? for some reason the macalister appeals to me more

Guus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blog Marley
i know this is
deadhorse-a.gif
but has there ever been a consensus on the difference between the clarks db and the macalister db? for some reason the macalister appeals to me more

I like the Macalisters more but I have never tried on the Clarks. I bought the Desert Cougar and they are very comfortable.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Went to the store today and decided to order the red chambray over the phone. Didn't pick up anything else.

netsua

Reaction score
Originally Posted by finnegan
Size down. I'm a large in the Gitman OCBD. A medium in the J. Crew provides a similar fit.

damn I was thinking of picking up an xs, cant go down any further than that, I'm gonna email them for exact measurements.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chenzhongbi
I thought you already owned a red chambray.

Nope. Have been on the fence about the red but finally "felt" it today. Will report reaction when I receive it.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shadrach
i believed earlier in the thread robert swore never to buy the red chambray.
He did. Robert is a liar.
devil.gif
EDIT: I also believe he owes me a dinner of some smelly sneakers too, now.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm sauteeing them now.

btw, took another look at the cadet jacket and still ddn't like it.

xanatos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by netsua
I'm looking for a nice slim fitted OCBD, I was thinking of picking up this guy: http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...7658/17658.jsp
anyone have own one that can offer some insight? or suggest a better buy?

I have those in the purple and blue and like them much.nice feel and thinner than the other heavier one they had. I'd recommend it for the price.

I'm thinkin about picking up the white ones for a good clean look. cant beat 50 bucks.

SpacePirate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by relax99
anyone wanna talk about sun faded stanton pants?

i do! i really like the blue and the orange, allow i cant make up my mind if i would rather get the shorts in those colors instead.

also, can anyone comment on if the british khaki color is much different than the khaki in the broken in chinos? it looks slightly more golden or like it has a honey-ish vibe to it to me.

SpacePirate

Reaction score
also, just to throw in my 2 cents on the main discussion these days, i am not a fan of the cadet jacket really.

i have the fatigue jacket from the fall and like the fit and details, such as the dif. pocket designs and optional hood, much better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads