• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

a-rock

Reaction score
Will try to post a pic of the one I got. Got it in olive... the differences are slightly slimmer than J.Crew version. J.Crew version is a regular collar although turned up in most pics. The H&M one is a mock turtle neck collar whatever you call it. Also has button tab at collar, flapped patch pockets on both sides chest and waist, and adjustable sleeve tabs. Buttoned interior chest pockets. 100% cotton outside and lining. J.Crew one has add'l pocket on the sleeve.

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
xpost from MC:

gu62512258.jpg

gu72516077.jpg

NICE M3. (if its yours)

harryc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
Went to go see the Fireman's jacket today at 484 Bway. I'd call it a mid weight cotton. Color was an appropriate muted dark navy/black. Fit was perfect for my tastes. Not overly slim, but a nice trim fit. Instantly attractive.

I like the idea of the fireman style buckles/clasps in front, although they seemed a bit thin. Would have prefered some heavier hardware. Nice stand up collar with a corduroy backing.

$268 is probably a bit steep. A 20% off sale with a rewards card should get it to a sweet spot. Too cold anyway in NYC for this weight jacket right now.

I went today to the Men's Shop to check out the jacket and was a bit disappointed. I also thought the jacket was too thin and the clasps weren't substantial enough.

I ended up going to Club Monaco and getting their fireman jacket. It's thicker fabric and has heavier clasps like the Nom De Guerre utility jacket. $249

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aerether
Thanks! Does the fatigue jacket run true to size or about a size large (which has been my experience with most J.Crew items)? I believe a previous poster mentioned he was 5'7" and ~160lb, which is about where I am, and he stated that he was a small in J.Crew... I presume I'm the same?

True to size and even a little slimmer than TTS.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I may have to go back and rebuy that freaking cadet jacket. Only this time in that color.

aerether

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
True to size and even a little slimmer than TTS.
As I pretty much *just* scrape medium on their sizing charts, it looks like I'm going with that then
smile.gif
Thanks again for your help.

torontolaker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by a-rock
Will try to post a pic of the one I got. Got it in olive... the differences are slightly slimmer than J.Crew version. J.Crew version is a regular collar although turned up in most pics. The H&M one is a mock turtle neck collar whatever you call it. Also has button tab at collar, flapped patch pockets on both sides chest and waist, and adjustable sleeve tabs. Buttoned interior chest pockets. 100% cotton outside and lining. J.Crew one has add'l pocket on the sleeve.

you talking about the utility jacket? post some photos

Guus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
I may have to go back and rebuy that freaking cadet jacket. Only this time in that color.

The Cadet Jacket seems to have replaced "The Watch" as most talked about item.

Guus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by relax99
anyone wanna talk about sun faded stanton pants?

nah, lets talk about the Sun-faded slub jersey polo. J/K.

I saw a few of SFSP at two J.Crews. Both the pants and the shorts. They seem slim enough and the fabric is very soft. Pants look well broken-in too.

relax99

Reaction score
im interested in picking up a few pairs in urban slim fit. I cant decide on that dusty baltic though. I also have to deice on if the broken in chino version of usf is better

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads