• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012

alexster

Reaction score

does anyone own this red/white snowflake beanie who is having second thoughts with it?

It's back up in the sale section if you're still looking for it...better act quick: http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Navigation...294+20~~~20+16+4294967119~15~~~~~~~/24658.jsp

Last edited:

SenorChang

Reaction score
Realized I've never tried J.Crew ties in the past. You guys ever try them out and know how the quality is?

Saw this TIe-Q thing today and it got me interested.

Too slim, in my opinion. Quality is mediocre and their offerings aren't very extensive (no grenadine, no shantung, no seven-fold, etc.).

Arnold Grape

Reaction score
Yeah, but, to me at least, the only real polos to get are the vintage or the pique. They're the only ones that are classic versions. The broken-in is a weird bastard child.
Haha. Nuff said, Robert. I like the fit of this one, but it would be nice if it came in other fabrics/ textures.

Bbombers85

Reaction score
Got a nice rewards card and I'm going to put it towards a ludlow suit. Anyone have an opinion on Chino vs. Cotton vs. Wool? The wool suit costs $650 while the Chino is $456.

Leather

Reaction score
If anyone's interested in the Ludlow wool suits in navy/charcoal for a steep discount let me know!

Sartorial604

Reaction score
Got a nice rewards card and I'm going to put it towards a ludlow suit. Anyone have an opinion on Chino vs. Cotton vs. Wool? The wool suit costs $650 while the Chino is $456.

I would definitely suggest the wool. It holds up temperature wise throughout the majority of the year and out of all the other fabric offerings I feel like it drapes the best on the body. Bit more expensive, yes, but quality wise the wool suits are the best of the bunch.

Bbombers85

Reaction score
I would definitely suggest the wool. It holds up temperature wise throughout the majority of the year and out of all the other fabric offerings I feel like it drapes the best on the body. Bit more expensive, yes, but quality wise the wool suits are the best of the bunch.

Thanks! I took a bit of a splurge and bought two Ludlows. One in Navy Loro Paina Wool and another in Charcoal Tollegno Worsted from a forumer here. Found great deals on slim pants in my size NWT on Ebay - $85 each. Essentially ended up costing me $400ish per suit all said and done. My wallet, however, will be closed shut for a while.

zxu426

Reaction score
Recently got the seamount toggle jacket and two lambswool fair isle sweaters for half off. They are beautiful. Also got the lambswool sweater in graphic check this morning. Should ship soon.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anybody needs sunglasses the Han Kjobenhaven's at J Crew are cheap. I've had a pair of Wolfgangs in tortoise for a couple years and love them. Been looking at the Timeless and they're $200 most places...J Crew has them for $134. Ordered them in tortoise and another pair of Wolfgangs in black.

Sartorial604

Reaction score
Thanks! I took a bit of a splurge and bought two Ludlows. One in Navy Loro Paina Wool and another in Charcoal Tollegno Worsted from a forumer here. Found great deals on slim pants in my size NWT on Ebay - $85 each. Essentially ended up costing me $400ish per suit all said and done. My wallet, however, will be closed shut for a while.

Good choices! 400 per suit is a great deal for those two, the jackets alone run in excess of $400. Nicely done

Winterbourne

Reaction score
I just picked up a pair of the 484 white selvedge at the King of Prussia mall and noticed some polish from my boots transferred onto the denim around the cuff. Does anyone have any care tips for white denim in general?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I just picked up a pair of the 484 white selvedge at the King of Prussia mall and noticed some polish from my boots transferred onto the denim around the cuff. Does anyone have any care tips for white denim in general?

Yes. My tip is don't worry about it too much. White denim is going to get as dirty as your other pants but it's going to show more. Use some of the usual methods for getting stains out, like Shout, etc., and launder them as usual. They'll come fairly clean, and if they don't, well, you don't want to look like the sort of guy who obsesses over this kind of thing. Just live with it. Look at Bond in QoS. Did he let a little dirt on his white jeans stop him?

Hype1234

Reaction score
Does anyone know how Jcrew ludlow corduroy blazers fit? I fit well in a 38r, but these are in S,M,L, etc. I'm a bit hesitant to buy a medium since I can't return it in-store in Canada if it doesn't work out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics