• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012

King Leer

Reaction score
Barbours at J. Crew rarely go on sale, I'm afraid. I had one that I got from an Army Navy store in midtown oddly enough, and it was a little over $200.

sk317

Reaction score
[edit] nevermind dumb comment

Last edited:

jpc9

Reaction score

Nice pics, Wis.

Quick question, as I ordered this Sunday and have yet to receive: I can't tell from your pics if the dominant striped pattern is more red or orange. I'm hoping orange; that assumption sealed the purchase for me.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Can you post pic(s) of said jacket?
I am ready to pull the trigger but would like to see a real life pic of it.
TIA.

I would if I had a decent camera. But I can't afford one because I spend too much of my paycheck on clothes. Anyway, just don't judge how it should look on you per the J. Crew model--that guy is wearing it too small.

In real life, the fit is pretty true to size--for J. Crew. My chest measures 43-44 and the 42R in the jacket fits perfectly, neither too tight nor too relaxed. I've learned that J. Crew's sizing guidance is off by about 1/2 to 1 size to the big. Per their charts, I wear a Large in shirts and sweaters but true life fit is more a Medium. So if you know your J. Crew fit, stick with that.

I love the jacket. Now it needs to get a little cooler so I can wear it.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Toronto location at Yorkdale now has a men's section finally?

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know about Yorkdale but I've been in the J crew store at Eaton's twice. Prices are high, I'm not sure how they compare to the USA side.

I know their opening a store at fairview as well.. I like the stuff in the store so far. It's finally good to see the clothes in person. TONS of damn sales people. You can tell they are pushing for sales sales sales lol..... Over friendly.

I'll wait for the sales :)

I tried on their peacoat and it fits like a glove, although I had to size down to xs

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know if the Toronto location at Yorkdale now has a men's section finally?

I assume not since the Eaton Centre location is advertised as the first and only unisex Jcrew in Canada and that was like 2 days ago.

7_rocket, how was the men's selection compared to what you find on the website?

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They have a good amount of stock, chino's jeans.. peacoats. ALOT of broken in casual shirts. The suiting section is at the back of the store and it's pretty decent. I looked at a pocket square and it was $45, I'm not sure if that's the regular price for J crew stuff.

J crew is like Club Monaco which is my fav mall brand.. Meaning ONLY buy when things are on sale. But it's really good to try things on in person.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I checked out the Eaton Center location. A lot of people were there. Just sort of browsed briefly, but didn't really check out the prices save one pair of pants, which were about $80 something. Kind of curious to see how well the store does, especially when Club Monaco usually draws quite a few customers, and now that the Bay is stepping up their game by opening up a larger Topman section, plus there "white space", or whatever it's called, that sells A.P.C, and Band Of Outsiders.

Opening a store in the Fairview Mall seems like an odd idea, though. Nothing in that mall comes close to the prices you'd find in J Crew.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I checked out the Eaton Center location. A lot of people were there. Just sort of browsed briefly, but didn't really check out the prices save one pair of pants, which were about $80 something. Kind of curious to see how well the store does, especially when Club Monaco usually draws quite a few customers, and now that the Bay is stepping up their game by opening up a larger Topman section, plus there "white space", or whatever it's called, that sells A.P.C, and Band Of Outsiders.
Opening a store in the Fairview Mall seems like an odd idea, though. Nothing in that mall comes close to the prices you'd find in J Crew.

They will do good in Fairview IMO.

I used to like topman but not anymore. I have a well fitting hoody from them. I know what you're talking about with the white space, but honestly it's not that much stock in there. A few pieces but nothing to go crazy over. It's still part of the bay and I don't see many people even looking in that section. I checked the prices for a simon spurr sweater or one of those brands in that section and it was $298.... No thanks. :nodding:

I hope J.Crew has sales because I like how their clothes fit.

dgonsh

Reaction score
Went to the Eaton Centre Jcrew. Checked out the ludlow store. Nice to be able to try on Jcrew pieces in person for a change. But the prices were highly inflated for the CDN market. A Barbour coat was at least 60 or $70 more than the website.

As all the stock is new, there was no sale section. You'd think to draw some attention they'd have an introductory sale. Nope.

All I saw was a packed store and NOBODY at the cash. No one was buying anything. And the store was rammed. Not a good look.

No Alden's btw. In fact, very few In Good Company pieces at all, aside from the Barbour I saw.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Went to the Eaton Centre Jcrew. Checked out the ludlow store. Nice to be able to try on Jcrew pieces in person for a change. But the prices were highly inflated for the CDN market. A Barbour coat was at least 60 or $70 more than the website. 

As all the stock is new, there was no sale section. You'd think to draw some attention they'd have an introductory sale. Nope. 

All I saw was a packed store and NOBODY at the cash. No one was buying anything. And the store was rammed. Not a good look. 

No Alden's btw. In fact, very few In Good Company pieces at all, aside from the Barbour I saw. 

Exactly my thoughts. The peacoat is $318 and on the USA site it's $275 with thinsulate. I guess I'll be shopping there only when there is a sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads