Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Therendition, Jul 23, 2012.

1. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

great points here. Do you guys think they will survive with such high prices for a mall brand? I think they probably will, I mean Club Monaco has been around for a while and their prices are around the same on certain items..

2. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

To pile on this a little bit, it's super obnoxious to us to ship to Canada. Between labeling laws (we have to add French to all our labels) and the roughly 20% price bump we will have to add to all our products, it's driving me insane at work.

3. bl@ster

[email protected] Senior member

J. Crew's website is so bad. Look how they "light" this RW boot. This is some photography 101 bullshit on how not to light a product. Jeez.

[​IMG]

4. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

For all the poor sods in Toronto, J Crew outlet opened its door starting yesterday at Vaughan Mills.

5. Robert

Robert Senior member

Just keep in mind that J. Crew outlet is not the same as regular J. Crew retail. It's a "factory" store, i.e., items are made specifically for the outlet store, and basically are poorly made knockoffs of the regular merchandise.

6. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

So does the Eaton Centre store not have as big a selection as what you would find on the website? I was hoping to try on one of their overcoats, but it seemed like they didn't have too many.

7. dgonsh

dgonsh Senior member

That sucks, nan. I was really looking forward to getting some Everlane stuff (oxfords, terry, t's) shipped to my door, but I really would hate to hear that it's leaving a sour taste in Everlane's mouths. I hate CDN gov't policies. They really hurt US companies trying to offer their products to us. I'd rather just use Kinek.com and ship to Buffalo.

Eh? [​IMG]

8. LaymanX

LaymanX Senior member

Can someone please tell me what the sizing for the Mayfair overcoat is?

Looking for sizing in MEDIUM:

- Shoulder width (the most critical!)
    - Length
    - Chest
    - Arm length

Many many thanks in advance!

9. Coopa

Coopa Senior member

Do live chat and ask a jcrew rep--they can pull up measurements

10. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

dgnosh,

You're preaching to the choir here. Thing is when ever the topic of tariffs/duty on consumer goods wether they durable (like cars and bikes) or soft goods (clothing, footwear as well as bed and bath) come up for discussion, some nitwit will chime in, "It's to help pay for social programs, medicare, etc."

WRONG! The bulk of funds sent to the Reciever General to keep this great enterprise called Canada going comes from the GST, income and to an extent excise (sin) taxes. Duties and tariffs are leftovers from a time when they were the bulk of the Government's revenue prior to WW I. I think at this point it cost almost as much to administer as what's taken in, sure it keeps a few sad sack companies afloat that just quite can't figure out the concept of competing in an open market place making a quality product people actually want afloat for a little while longer.

The secret is shop smart, as for J.Crew they will figure out a way to make it work. If that means flash sales so be it.

Still annoyed they can't sell Alden in their Canadian stores, but I think that's more Alden than J. Crew.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012

11. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Agree with Rambo on the JCrew sales. Have not seen that much I want lately.

12. pnewelljr

pnewelljr Senior member

BTW, for anyone curious, according to a VPN, there will be a big update to the new arrivals tomorrow (thurs).

13. Robert

Robert Senior member

Clearance store visit at lunch (note: not Factory Outlet but real retail at clearance prices): Picked up season 2009/10 fatique jacket and peacoat. These are replacements in my correct size, Medium, for the coats I picked up a couple of years back in Large, which is now the wrong size for me.

SO... I'm selling my old coats, the fatigue jacket and the peacoat (both Larges). If you're interested, pm me.

14. sk317

sk317 Senior member

Anyone with hints on next decent sale? November's coming so I can only assume...

Also, anyone with experience with Jcrew lambswool sweaters? Worth it for the price? Not itchy like those lower quality lambswools out there right?

15. cuponoodles

cuponoodles Senior member

I may be in the minority here, but I vastly dislike their sweaters. I find the fit overly blousy and lengths/collar widths really strange. I had one of their lambswool sweaters - I mean, it seemed nice, based on my inexperienced hand (I have no idea how one would even gauge the relative quality of lambswool), but the fit threw me off.