• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Italy Trip.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cheers, I like Italy and would plan to go back again and again. I guess, part of the reasoning for so many stops is to 'check out' places worth a longer stay the next time. However I guess there's pretty much a limit to how practical/ tiring it gets. So, if it was a choice between staying a couple of days at Positano or Cinqueterre, what would you guys go for please?

Plus, any more suggestions for places to see/ eat at please?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
We want to do Florence - is 2 days enough? Thinking the usual art places plus some shopping (non-bespoke).
Whnay! You should know better ... you DO cocaine ... you do not DO Florence ... well ... unless Florence is a woman.

mksims

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chobochobo
So this is the sort-of final itinerary, any suggestions for must see places, must eat places please?
smile.gif

1st day Rome
2nd - Vatican
3rd Tivoli day trip
4th Rome
5th Rome to Positano via Naples and 'best pizza in the world'
6th Pompeii day trip
7th Positano to Florence via Siena
8th Florence Academia
9th Lucca/Pisa day trip
10th Florence to Cinqueterre
11th Cinqueterre to Venice
12th Venice
13 Venice to Milan
14th Milan and leave

Cheers

Hope it's not too late to throw in a suggestion
smile.gif
Why don't you do a stopover in Bologna between Cinqueterre and Venice? You'll probably travel through anyway if you're travelling by train, and it's an absolutely sweet city - plus I remember the food being extraordinary (try some 'tortellini alla panna').

AdamR

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chobochobo
2nd - Vatican
9th Lucca/Pisa day trip

Depending on time spent, I did the Vatican in about 5 hours I believe.. got there early at 6:30 to avoid all the lines (which is definitely worth it, unless you like 6 hour lines) and finished up just before noon.

Pisa was just another couple hours for me as well, depending on what you're doing but more time spent in Florence is worth it lol, train was just over an hour away I believe and we only spent about four hours there and came back.

Awesome trip though, you'll love it.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AdamR
Depending on time spent, I did the Vatican in about 5 hours I believe.. got there early at 6:30 to avoid all the lines (which is definitely worth it, unless you like 6 hour lines) and finished up just before noon.

Pisa was just another couple hours for me as well, depending on what you're doing but more time spent in Florence is worth it lol, train was just over an hour away I believe and we only spent about four hours there and came back.

Awesome trip though, you'll love it.

Cheers,

Did the museum tour and up the dome, at the Vatican last time, and will be doing the crypt tour this time. Then having a gelato before heading back to Rome city bits, so won't be spending too much time at the Vatican.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just back from Italy. Had a great time. Just a few highlights, mostly culinary - didn't do that much shopping though - Gallo (8 ties! and a belt) and Etro (a casual mac type coat with a twist), oh and some vinyl, of all things.

Rome - stayed in Trastevere
Vatican ruins tour - very interesting, also was in the St Clementine Chapel someone mentioned,
Food at Roma Sparita - great fiore di zucca and pasta cacio e pepe
Food at Il Timoniere - great meal
Great pizza at Ivo's
Great mozzarella, proscuitto and bread from deli downstairs to our apartment
Gelato at San Crispino is greatly overrated - I much preferred Vivoli - their Pistachio and Rice are the amongst the best gelatos I've had, Giolittis also good

Florence - stayed in Oltrano
Food at Sostanza (mmm butter chicken), Il Guscio and Teatro del Sale (great fun)
Great lunch at Nerbone
Day trips to Lucca, Pisa and Siena
Gelato at Grom excellent

Positano - beautiful town, Hotel Marincanto
Day trip with hired driver to Pompeii, Paestum and Ravello.
Food at Il Tagliata - bit of a tourist trap catering to Americans with the free flowing wine, probably to mask the overcooked meat at the end of the meal
Food at Da Vincenzo - very good

Venice - stayed in Dorsoduro
Food at Osteria Santa Marina - food good, waiter p*sspoor
Food at Il Ridotto excellent
Gelato - Grom excellent

Milan - stayed near Duomo
Food at Abele excellent (best meal of the trip, almost tempted not to let you guys know so that it doesn't become a tourist trap)
Food at della Pesa very good but a bit overpriced

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I can't believe I was asking about my (second) trip to Italy back in 2010 in this thread! We're planning to go back to Italy this May (first year Anniversary). We're flying into Rome and leaving from Milan where the Gelato Festival and the Expo will be in full flow.

We've done Rome x3, Florence x3, Pisa, Venice, Lucca, Siena, Positano, Cinqueterre, Como and Milan x 3. This time we're thinking of concentrating a bit more on the North Eastern bit - Bologna, Parma, Modena - but are fairly open. Any suggestions please?

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All above are very nice, if less touristy than the other places you've visited. Nice lack of tourists... Also-
Mantova (Mantua) is beautiful. See Palazzo Te and Teatro Bibiena.
Vicenza - very nice, get a tour of the incredible Teatro Olimpico (seen at end of Ripley's Game)
Verona is nice but a tourist hell most of the time

PM me if you get to Modena and want eating recs .

Last edited:

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest a day trip to Turin (a litttle less that 1h from Milan with Frecciarossa)

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Smaller cities along the road from Parma are Fidenza, Pavia and Piacenza. You could also go North to the lakes and mountains.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads