• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is The End of Selvedge Near?

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
old navy even sells selvage denim
33mlopj.jpg

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
old navy even sells selvage denim

3hh5f.gif

But the wash on the A&F jeans look alright. My secret shame is that I bought a pair of PPD jeans off Gilt because they had a similar frosty dark slate blue wash as these, and they better be good since they're taking a month and a half to get here.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
Aafc2.jpg
Abercrombie just needs to get back to its roots.

Where to find girls that carry .22s as daintily as handbags?

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Where to find girls that carry .22s as daintily as handbags?

Keynote speakers at Tea Party rallies?

c00kz

Reaction score
The A&F wash likely looks like garbage in person- 2-D, with TV grain going on after a couple washes. This is the internet, everything looks good on screen.

modagg

Reaction score
a&f has been offering selvage denim on and off for years. Several years ago they had a "premium line" called erza fitch and they offered selvage, I actually got a pair on sale for like $20-30 and i started my first thread on style forum telling about it. I have never understood why a&f got so much hate on here while prl is praised. It may just be me but the moose isn't any worse then a polo player. Actually imo a&f shirts fit and r better made then prl plus u could fit a family of four into those classic fit shirts. I don't know how many times I liked a shirt by prl only to look at the tag and see it was classic fit and put it back. The custom fit stuff is harder to find and less likely to be on discount. I'm not a huge a&f fan by any means but the three or four shirts l have from them are 5+ plus years old, in good condition and don't have a logo on the chest. Also I still do wear the a&f selvage jeans from time to time and ppl seem to like them. edit: went back and found my very first style forum thread about this very same topic

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by modagg
Actually imo a&f shirts fit and r better made then prl plus u could fit a family of four into those classic fit shirts. I don't know how many times I liked a shirt by prl only to look at the tag and see it was classic fit and put it back. The custom fit stuff is harder to find and less likely to be on discount. I'm not a huge a&f fan by any means but the three or four shirts l have from them are 5+ plus years old, in good condition and don't have a logo on the chest. Also I still do wear the a&f selvage jeans from time to time and ppl seem to like them.

My main problem with A&F is that artificial dingy/aged/beigeish wash they give many of their items, and the sewn-on letters that always look like ****. But I was in there recently and saw some gingham shirts that looked nice.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by modagg
a&f has been offering selvage denim on and off for years. Several years ago they had a "premium line" called erza fitch and they offered selvage, I actually got a pair on sale for like $20-30 and i started my first thread on style forum telling about it. I have never understood why a&f got so much hate on here while prl is praised. It may just be me but the moose isn't any worse then a polo player. Actually imo a&f shirts fit and r better made then prl plus u could fit a family of four into those classic fit shirts. I don't know how many times I liked a shirt by prl only to look at the tag and see it was classic fit and put it back. The custom fit stuff is harder to find and less likely to be on discount. I'm not a huge a&f fan by any means but the three or four shirts l have from them are 5+ plus years old, in good condition and don't have a logo on the chest. Also I still do wear the a&f selvage jeans from time to time and ppl seem to like them. edit: went back and found my very first style forum thread about this very same topic
Because PRL ranges from mediocre quality to being one of the best brands for your buck where as A&F is, at best, mediocre

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Scribbles, I'm not following your logic. First, how did the J. Crew red chambray kill workwear? And what would any company's releasing a selvedge jean have to do with killing selvedge? I can't make the connections.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads