• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is Styleforum turning off old members?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
There was something nice about the older, more genteel SF.

Weren't the snakes more venomous back in the garden of Eden?

Some of the older knockdown, drag-out online fisticuffs among banned, voluntarily departed or self-curtailed, and still-posting senior members were both cheese and blood-curdling. Some of these old threads can't even be seen anymore.

Just to pick two old themes: urine-drinking and members suing other members. There were many more primeval evils.

Current posters are babes in the miniature woods. The old feuds still cast a fog over the present on the various clothing forums, like Cronus castrating Uranus (castrating Uranus being both a classical reference and a sophomoric play on words...my favorite.)

The current crop seems unable to inflict such severe emotional damage against each other, being generally more Internet savvy and at home with how web forums are different than meeting someone for drinks and conversation.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
This sort of thing always weirds me out. It's almost like you people are real.

Think of this place as the last part of Duck Soup. I find that helps.

- B

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Think of this place as the last part of Duck Soup.

DuckSoup3.jpg

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jay Gatsby
Publicity has inevitably lead to popularity, and the Styleforum user-base is now saturated with dipshits who refuse to use the search function.
Sorry, I can't resist. Your tenth post was,
I want to build a shoe wardrobe. I like Allen Edmonds, but I don't want to use them for every shoe I own. How does Cole Haan compare? What are some other brands of comparable quality and price to AE? Thanks J
To which the immediate response was,
Originally Posted by gdl203
search%20button.jpg

Harrydog

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you're the second person to quote this post of mine in the past hour. I don't get the attack though... is there some obvious location where I can find 36R jackets online that are decently made? If so, please let me know. I am having a very hard time finding them.

I have an idea....why don't you grow a little and stop being such an obnoxious little prick. Then you won't have to look for the 36R.

MTLGuy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Harrydog
I have an idea....why don't you grow a little and stop being such an obnoxious little prick. Then you won't have to look for the 36R.

As one of the "new" (VERY new if you look at my post count) guys, I like this.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
... meeting someone for drinks and conversation.

Speaking of which, your PM inbox is remains embiggened and rejects all comers.

This weekend, holmes.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2ezqj3v

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You boys are out of your mind. I would pound that until my kiwis fell off. Then I'd continue pounding as a eunuch, just for sport, even after all sexual enjoyment has evaporated.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
no turned off, just hanging out at the dt bar. laughing at you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads