• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPhone finally here, the Western Civilization is saved

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Yes, because when I see this:

[Apple logo]

I automatically think of this:

[Nazi swastika]

plain.gif

Jon.

So, you equate Apple with the wanton slaughter of millions?

revolve.gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
Sarcasm radar turned off NR?
smile.gif
Apple has a very strong brand identity. This is to their credit, as they have one of the best marketing teams out there right now. You may not like their designs or their products, but it is indisputable that they have an incredible presence as a modern brand. Apple hate in the forms of blogs and re-produced ads is perfect validation that their marketing team has succeeded in making an easily distinguished, well-planned brand. I am sure that any and every company out there wishes they had such an identity. I fail to see how it's facism that a company is using their brand image to expand their market reach.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
So, you equate Apple with the wanton slaughter of millions?

revolve.gif

I believe Jon was trying to be facetious. Unfortunately, he's shown himself to be so oversensitive about such matters in the past that I have to give him crap about it.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I believe Jon was trying to be facetious. Unfortunately, he's shown himself to be so oversensitive about such matters in the past that I have to give him crap about it.

Yes, that was really my point.

Just how emotional do we or should we really get about these technologies?*

*(This from a guy who stomped on his cell phone with a pair of EGs and posted pictures of it.)

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Apple's marketing campaign really does bring out the worst in people.

Whether smug superiority complex, or screaming, finger pointing fascist alarms.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I was and we aren't going down this path again, are we James?

Jon.

I never relent, Jon. Thats what makes me the best.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was only half-seriously musing, I assume everyone knows...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
I was only half-seriously musing, I assume everyone knows...

I think you have a valid point. the design and marketing team has definitely taken a cue from the propaganda and iconography handbook.

I'm just amused by them still trying to convince people that they are higher quality and more reliable than a PC, while simultaneously covering up the current hardware and manufacturing problems they are having.

Too much thermal paste on your CPU? Nah, not a problem. Burning your legs with our laptop is a FEATURE.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
You win James; you are the best child in a man's body out there.

nest.gif

Jon.

I'd rather be a child in a man's body than... the opposite. Michael Jackson.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Too much thermal paste on your CPU? Nah, not a problem. Burning your legs with our laptop is a FEATURE.

Exactly how does inefficient transfer of heat from the CPU to a heatsink heat up a laptop's case?

--Andre

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Andre Yew
Exactly how does inefficient transfer of heat from the CPU to a heatsink heat up a laptop's case?

--Andre

Because if it's not transfered to the heatsink it can't be dissipated as efficiently by the fan?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Andre Yew

--Andre

Science.

http://www.staind-online.com/MBP/Sit...ook%20Pro.html

There have been numerous reports of processor temperatures at 200+ degrees farenheit, and ambient case temps at 100+ degrees.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=307191

Most of it stems from the fact that almost none of the internal heatsinks can function due to the EXCESSIVE amounts of thermal paste which act as an insulator instead of a conductor, and the fact that the case fans will not turn on in time to dissipate heat.

Oh, and its NOT a laptop according to Apple.

http://www.appledefects.com/?p=22

There also seems to be a real severe problem with 17" Powerbook screens that won't go away.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads