• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPhone 5

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it charges faster if you close all running apps i believe

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
:embar:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

siri voice recognition still sucks compared to google's. can't even give me directions home. 3 of us at work were trying to get it to understand and give us the correct responses and it was wrong almost every time. We weren't deliberately trying to trip it up either since one of us was the apple fanboy of the office and it all started when he started talking about how awesome siri was.

Are you saying Siri didn't understand what you were asking or couldn't give you a correct answer? Either way, I am not sure I completely buy this. Have been playing around with Siri on my iPad 3 and it does a decent job of understanding me. Sure there have been questions I asked it couldn't understand, but those usually came up when I tried to trip the system up. Most reviews and word of mouth indicate similar results. It's far from perfect, at this point, but it's not bad either.

What specifically did you and your friends ask?

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Phone is dead, forgot power cord at home, nobody in my office has one, all stores are sold out of cords. I'm fucked until late tonight.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Phone is dead, forgot power cord at home, nobody in my office has one, all stores are sold out of cords. I'm fucked until late tonight.

This is going to be an issue till Apple gets the stock levels ahead of the curve and we start to see 3rd party alternatives. I'd force yourself to put the cable in your bag every morning as part of your routine.

I take it you didn't charge the phone overnight?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

This is going to be an issue till Apple gets the stock levels ahead of the curve and we start to see 3rd party alternatives. I'd force yourself to put the cable in your bag every morning as part of your routine.

No ******* ****, I forgot it this morning. No, I didn't, I charge my phone when it is dead, but now it has died and I can't revive it.

Last edited:

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sucks, my phone died the other day and within 2 min. I borrowed a girls charger. :)

iPhone 4s :slayer:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just an FYI guys, there have been reports that the iPhone 5's camera's low light performance is partially software based. That means if you are using 3rd party camera apps, it may not give as good of results as Apple's own camera app. They will still be improved over the iPhone 4 and 4s, but not as drastic.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No ******* ****, I forgot it this morning. No, I didn't, I charge my phone when it is dead, but now it has died and I can't revive it.

lol

I currently have a cable in my backpack, car, desk, bed, island, gym bag, and weekender.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Charge it nightly. That way you don't have to worry about it. Waiting like you did, just leads to a phone that's almost dead when you get to work. Even if you have a charging cable, that just seems like a pain ********** to me.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

INORITE? I am not kidding that iStores never have what you want.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

lol
I currently have a cable in my backpack, car, desk, bed, island, gym bag, and weekender.

Yeah me too, of the old ones.

Charge it nightly. That way you don't have to worry about it. Waiting like you did, just leads to a phone that's almost dead when you get to work. Even if you have a charging cable, that just seems like a pain ********** to me.

I don't want to risk ******* up the battery that way.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you know what would be ******* genius? have 2 prongs folded in your phone and you can charge that ****** anywhere you'd like

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads