• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPhone 5

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone read about the issue with some sort of purple haze/flare showing up in photos taken with the camera?

yes, your late bro. Thats so 10 posts ago. :cool:

Thanks for that, my bro and I use to always rage yelling "Stop lagging me!!" :fu:

ha

haha, was your network open? When I was in high school I would use my neighbors network to download and my network for actual work. :cool:

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did the 4 have this many problems? I know there has never been a recall but it seems very unlike apple to have a product with this many issues.

Because Steve Jobs is no longer there to shout at his product teams, "This is crap, you're all fired!!"?

Is Tim Cook as ruthless as Steve apparently was?

Yeah I keep hearing that, I am disappointed with their quality control TBH. But I will still buy the 5 lol

Apple is going to hire Bill Gates to come and finish what Steve Jobs started. :teach:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah I keep hearing that, I am disappointed with their quality control TBH. But I will still buy the 5 lol
Apple is going to hire Bill Gates to come and finish what Steve Jobs started. :teach:

To be fair, I bet the light leaks and apparent scuffing are probably first batch production issues, that can probably be fixed during subsequent production. I'm sure Foxconn have been churning out millions of iPhone 5s since May, so Apple should have enough for the initial launch.

Wasn't there an issue with some iPad 3s having a yellowish screen, apparently caused by the glue still curing.

I always take the advice, never buy a new tech product the day it's released. Wait a few weeks or months, let them iron-out any initial production problems(bugs).

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
No iNews this morning? :confused:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread has gone down the *******.

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

as the hype dies people realize it's actually not anything new, just something new for iPhans that had garbage for a long while now catching up :teach:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
yup ! you know where i can find some ? the hype is still there on the whole, just saying in this thread it's settling

emptym

Reaction score

as the hype dies people realize it's actually not anything new, just something new for iPhans that had garbage for a long while now catching up :teach:

A reviewer wrote that you're right in a way and wrong in a way. While it's just getting (and still may not have) some things other phones have had, it still is the best phone around because it integrates its features so well.

To me, this makes sense. The whole may be more than the sum of it's parts. An example from baseball may illustrate: Often the best team in the league is not the one with the most all-stars or rookies of the year. It's the one that best plays together, the one with qualities that aren't always easy to identify and measure.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

To me, this makes sense. The whole may be more than the sum of it's parts. An example from baseball may illustrate: Often the best team in the league is not the one with the most all-stars or rookies of the year. It's the one that best plays together, the one with qualities that aren't always easy to identify and measure.

Moneyball says they can be measured. :)

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yup ! you know where i can find some ? the hype is still there on the whole, just saying in this thread it's settling

yeah I got an apple connect :cool:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I got some thoughts on Mapplegate that I plan on sharing soon. The real story on what happened is now coming out and I didn't want to get hung up on the knee jerk reactions all over the web.

When does your preorder arrive pio? Any plans on putting one of those Apple window stickers on your Mercedes to signify you have officially joined the fanboi cult?

This thread has gone down the *******.

I know of a way you can be of a big help with this. :devil:

The irony of a Blackberry user saying this is delicious. ;)

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I got some thoughts on Mapplegate that I plan on sharing soon. The real story on what happened is now coming out and I didn't want to get hung up on the knee jerk reactions all over the web.

When does your preorder arrive pio? Any plans on putting one of those Apple window stickers on your Mercedes to signify you have officially joined the fanboi cult?

Due to ship 10/5 and I was planning on doing something like this:

apple-car-450x300.jpg

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For anyone still considering a case, http://www.lifeproof.com/shop/cases/iphone-5-black

Held my bosses phone with the 4/4s case from Life Proof...feel so right. "Set and forget it" type of attitude. My CaseCrown came in but will order the Life Proof when the iPhone 5 case comes out.

It is very nice in hand and as it is, my gripe at the moment with a naked iPhone 5 is the grip.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads