1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by mussel, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Would you people stop posting about Androids? This is an iThread!

2. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

First scuff came from me throwing it against a wall after watching the Tigers lose it.

1 person likes this.
  3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

wtf? this thread only had 2 poasts in the last 24 hours?!?!

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

i think Piob's working long hours this week.

5. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

^Nope. Not only does he finally love and appreciate his iPhone, but he also knows how to use it now!

6. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Yes Pio finally did his due diligence learning the OS. ;)

7. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

FTFY

8. patrickBOOTH

Girlfriend put a laptop down onto my iphone. Small scratch on the screen. Can't see it when it is on, but faintly when it is off. Should I make her buy me a new one for $49? :devil:

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Just for the fanbois: figuring out some of the non-intuitive stuff, stuff Android does so well, is not "learning an OS."

Btw, hate how if you're in mail, tap a link to hit your browser, when you close out the browser you're back on homescreen. It's a shame this thing can't multi-task and window things like an Android can.

10. patrickBOOTH

You can by double clicking the home screen.

11. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

So Piob - you invented this peculiar spelling of "fanboi." Is it a Canadian thing? Are you a closet Avril Lavigne fan?

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

12. dcg

dcg Senior member

Have not been keeping up with the thread, but liking the iPhone after a few weeks of use, other than a few fairly minor annoyances.

Noticed the new Nano came out for $150. At that price, I'd rather go with a 16 GB iPhone + 16 GB nano than a 32GB iPhone. Extra $50 gets you another charging cable, another pair of ear buds (fwiw - not much to me, but others might like). Am I reading this correctly - Apple charges $19 for the cable, and ANOTHER $19 for the little thing that plugs into the wall?!? I like that the Nano includes an FM radio, and the combo would allow me to listen to music on the nano w/o using my phone battery. I'm all for one do-it-all device, but battery life in the iPhone is still not where it needs to be. I still say a major breakthrough in battery tech is my most-wanted feature.

13. dcg

dcg Senior member

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Thank you, Piob :fistbump:

1 person likes this.
  14. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
  15. dcg

dcg Senior member

Example - in android, if I receive a text message, I can swipe left to call, or click and hold to add to contacts/view contacts. In iOS, I have to click on the thread, scroll to the top, and click a button to call or add/edit contacts. This is not simply different; it is inferior. More time/steps to accomplish the same thing.

Also, iPhone would be vastly improved if they would add at least one more button to the bottom.

16. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Let me guess -- you want a 'back' button.

17. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

So if I'm in my mail, tap a link and my browser pops up...if I hit the home screen button twice my mail will open again? I just tried that twice and what I got was the search screen.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  18. dcg

dcg Senior member

I would not be opposed to it. No reason the button can't be user configurable, though. As it is, generally to go back there's an onscreen button at the top of the screen in iOS. Buttons on the bottom are much more convenient.

19. patrickBOOTH

The screen should shift and you will see the mail app appear at the bottom. Maybe you're not double clicking fast enough?

20. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Back would be nice and a menu button would be nice. That is a major beef of mine with the iPhone. With Android you have a menu button that will pop up any settings on every screen. It also explains why Android is much more customizable. You don't get one global setting in the setting->this->that->more this-> finally at that setting. Then talk about a back button? You have to back all the way out of every submenu. Very inefficient. Hit your home screen button and next time I hit "settings" pop me up at the Settings homescreen vs. five sub menus in where I was.