• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outlaw 06

Reaction score
Here’s my life story in under 200 words... I’m a small businessman but I’m an Industrial Engineer and pilot by training. I’m a former active duty U.S. Army Aviator and a veteran of the first Gulf War. I’ll never forget the great Americans I had the honor of serving with. I’m married with 3 children. My family, faith and friends are very important to me. I’ve always had a thing for natural redheads. I’ve never understood our culture’s fascination with bimbo bags, fictitties, silicans, etc. I’ve always been a foodie with a penchant for fine dining, fine wine and fine scotch. When traveling, I tend to over rely on Michelin red guides. I prefer staying in small boutique hotels rather than luxury chains. I enjoy racing cars and Karts in my spare time. I much prefer road courses to ovals. I’ve never owned a car that didn’t have rear wheel drive and a manual transmission. The best handling street car I’ve ever owned is an E46 M3 coupe. My favorite sport is baseball. I'm 6'0" tall and wear a size 42L jacket with an 8” drop. I try to eat well and exercise regularly in order to stay healthy.

Last edited:

sail

Reaction score
Greetings folks,

Long time lurker. I enjoy sailing, coffee, and avocados among other things. Glad to be aboard.

-Andrew

dodd

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am so happy I finally found a site in which people are passionate and interested about everything to do with style and progressive modern lifestyle. Although I am new to this forum I am not new to forum functions in general so you can expect no beginner moves from me :p

Just a little but about myself. I Love everything to do with mens style. I Never miss an issue of Esquire, Details, GQ, follow all the latest trends and celebrity style, All the good stuff, I'm sure you all know the drill. As a young man I hope to one day have a profession in the world of mens fashion in some capacity. I'm looking forward to chatting with all of you. :)

npc811

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Nick, I'm 24 and working as a design engineer. Next fall (2014) I will be going to law school to study patent law. In my free-time, when I am not studying for the LSATs, I enjoy exercising, playing sports, football and basketball mostly, and working on my '69 mustang.

Having always been involved in sports, my clothing style usually resembled that. With my life changing, for the better, I would like my clothing style to transition as well. I have recently changed my hairstyle for a more professional cut, and have begun revamping my wardrobe. With limited knowledge of professional clothing outside of work, I could use some help with casual "going out" clothes. I have already begun reading through posts and learning a lot.

Look forward to meeting everyone.

- Nick

SlyMcFly

Reaction score
Hi i'm McFly, I came here because i have an interest in fine mens attire, I like luxury watches, suits, shoes, I'm not really a jeans guy i don't get it. The bulk of my wardrobe consists of button down/up shirts (whichever way you like it to be called). I am very slim and have trouble finding suits that i like/fit me.

LordLokii

Reaction score
AW: Introduce yourself.

AHello everyone,
i am from germany and learn english for some years. I try to learn and improve my english skills. I like the classic men style and join this community to learn some more about it. Please dont complain about my english. I try to give my best.

gesendet von unterwegs

Gsvs5

Reaction score
Hi,
Just joined after reading and thoroughly enjoying the Mod to Suedehead thread.For me personal style entered my conciousness around the age of 10 (1967).Hope to stir up a few more fond memories from years gone bye before they finally do leave my grey matter permanently !

Bootes

Reaction score
Sup fashionistas and fashionistos,

Posting at ya from Washington DC, USA! See y'all in the boots and jeans forums.

Boötes

Inpressbydress

Reaction score
Hello, my father was a tailor and taught tailoring in an University. When I was 7 years old (late 40's), he made me three piece suits. He passed in '52. I was hanging with peers who also believed in dressing. We had part-time jobs and saved for Stacys, Foot Joys, R. D. Atkins, Ballys, etc. silk shirts, over the calf socks, Dobbs 20 and Stetsons, Aqua Scutum (sp) and Chesterfield top coats with pocket chiefs. Clean white stiches on shined shoes, and most of all coordinated attire: belt/shoes; tie/pocket chief; sport coat/slacks. We never wore jeans (dungarees) and the best were gabardine slacks. No pattern (except color cordinated striped)shirts. No flower or polka dot ties with stripped suits. We wore watchbobs with chain in vests. No matter where we went in public we were "clean, raggin or dapper" in Washington, D.C. I still dress the same in California and often when someone describes me the person replies, "Oh you mean slacks".

delamancha

Reaction score
Hello all, I am Gabriel. I am a little bit insecure about my look so I want to use clothes to compensate my look. Anyway, as a novice in men's fashion, I found many things confusing and a little overwhelming. I realised I need to recreate my wardrobe and maybe chuck out most of my old clothes, which is kinda wasteful. However, I know I need to recreate my wardrobe slowly and with some help. I join this forum to get more advice on my problems and hopefully one day you all could be those who have changed me, well,strictly say my style and outfit.

WDaleHerring

Reaction score
Hello. I'm Dale. in the medical field and am currently a full time student; I will receive my Bachelor's in healthcare this coming term but am not stopping there. My interests include music, first and foremost. It's my life. I listen to everything (emphasis on Electronic and Hip-Hop) with the exception of country; it's just not me. While its nothing fancy, I enjoy taking care of and driving my car (2012 Elantra) with the windows down and music up. I'm the ultimate procrastinator and have extraordinarily pathetic time management skills. As crazy and stressful as it can get, I love life and do not take it for granted. Although I do many things to dissatisfy Him, I am a son of God. I am the one who says what other people won't. I am not a morning person and it takes quite a lot to wake me up... like four-different-alarm-times-a-lot. I am slightly obses-- passionate about Ralph Lauren and extremely passionate about Apple. Although I sometimes typo myself when speed typing faster than I'm thinking, I have a major pet peeve with people who don't know the difference between there, their, they're, too, and to. I frequent a few other forums, two of which are MacRumors (under a different username) and NikeTalk. Glad to be a part of this new Web family.

Last edited:

WDaleHerring

Reaction score

Hello all, I am Gabriel.  I am a little bit insecure about my look so I want to use clothes to compensate my look.  Anyway, as a novice in men's fashion, I found many things confusing and a little overwhelming.  I realised I need to recreate my wardrobe and maybe chuck out most of my old clothes, which is kinda wasteful.  However, I know I need to recreate my wardrobe slowly and with some help.  I join this forum to get more advice on my problems and hopefully one day you all could be those who have changed me, well,strictly say my style and outfit.  

Sorry you're having problems and feel insecure. It sucks how we've (society) become so judgmental and shallow. I wish you the best of luck on your new adventure and I'm here in public or in PM if you ever want to talk. Although I'm new as well, welcome!

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hello all, I am Gabriel.  I am a little bit insecure about my look so I want to use clothes to compensate my look.  Anyway, as a novice in men's fashion, I found many things confusing and a little overwhelming.  I realised I need to recreate my wardrobe and maybe chuck out most of my old clothes, which is kinda wasteful.  However, I know I need to recreate my wardrobe slowly and with some help.  I join this forum to get more advice on my problems and hopefully one day you all could be those who have changed me, well,strictly say my style and outfit.  

Welcome....Feel free to participate in these threads or just lurk. Don't let some of the comments get to you if you do. For the most part, most people are cool and you can learn by watching...

hmtwrk

Reaction score
hey y'all, i just discovered this site in the hopes of adding some hyphy to my business casual swag. i'm mostly browsing sw+d to channel my inner goth ninja. i probably own less than 3 articles of black clothing so i definitely have a lot of catching up to do.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads