Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. WDaleHerring

WDaleHerring New Member

Sorry you're having problems and feel insecure. It sucks how we've (society) become so judgmental and shallow. I wish you the best of luck on your new adventure and I'm here in public or in PM if you ever want to talk. Although I'm new as well, welcome!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  2. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Welcome....Feel free to participate in these threads or just lurk. Don't let some of the comments get to you if you do. For the most part, most people are cool and you can learn by watching...

3. hmtwrk

hmtwrk Senior member

hey y'all, i just discovered this site in the hopes of adding some hyphy to my business casual swag. i'm mostly browsing sw+d to channel my inner goth ninja. i probably own less than 3 articles of black clothing so i definitely have a lot of catching up to do.

4. weven

weven Member

Hi..
    greetings from Yogyakarta, Indonesia. Beautiful country in far-away. [​IMG] I have a mission to introduce our heritage, especially about fashion & hand-woven fabrics. Do you guys ever known about Batik ?

5. carpisxxx

carpisxxx Member

hi, so i'm pretty new here. love american and japanese made streetwear, looking to expand on what i already have.

6. Suit of Nettles

Suit of Nettles Senior member

Thanks to all at SF for their time and expertise: they've allowed me to build up a decent warchest of (predominantly Samuelsohn) jackets and trousers, and enjoy the confidence of a literal investment in good, well-fitted clothes.

For my part, I'm an academic in a region of the world that Northrop Frye described as one of the most inarticulate communities in western civilisation -- and a man's style is the articulation of clothes and accoutrements.

I do not in fact own a suit made of nettles, but James Reaney's A Suit of Nettles is a very fine cycle of eclogues, and certainly the finest English poetry with singing geese as the protagonists.

7. Pine

Pine New Member

Hello -Pine here, it's my first time posting on the forum.....looks like a lot of fun.

8. megalift

megalift New Member

The Names Paul, Forum names a long and old story.... I'm from the UK, a Civil Engineer and into Watches, Sailing, knife making and shooting - so I'm hoping to pick up some bargains here related to any of those...!

Thank!

9. nels2481

nels2481 Member

My name is Kyle, I'm from the great Pacific Northwest and reside in Seattle. I'm an Oracle Database Administrator. I usually wear Jeans, sometimes I'll wear khakis or chinos whether I'm at work or hitting the links. Recently, I'm starting to get into watches and high end shoes/boots. So any advice would be much helpful.

10. roytonboy

roytonboy Senior member

Hi I'm roytonboy, though I moved from God's town many years ago and now live in North Wales. I'm currently sat here in 3 piece, grey fish eye wool suit and purple and grey paisley silk tie but last night was out in the pub in a Ben Sherman shirt, Levi's and Brogues. I was drawn to the site by the Mod, Skinhead to Suedehead thread as this was the dress style of my youth, but I'm sure I'll get into the rest of it in the fullness of time.

11. modpod

modpod New Member

Hi Styleforum!
    I love this site! I'm Steve from Hamilton On Canada, lover of thrifting, fedoras, ww2 jackets and caps and old jackets from Canada. I just posted in the men's style thread about some nice Church's monk strap shoes I scored at the thrift yesterday for $25. My girl are just rolling out now for the any 4 items for $15 event at the local Salvation Army...new scores await!
    So, nice to meet you ;)
    Steve

12. thechangbang

thechangbang New Member

Hi, I'm Alex, I'm living in New York City right now. I spent a lot of time contributing on Reddit's r/malefashionadvice and have been a long time lurker here. I finally decided to join officially so here I am. Ready to lose a lot of money.

13. JDs Revenge

JDs Revenge New Member

Gd'Morning, My name is Ken. I'm from NYC. Im in Jeans and a tee about 85% of the time. RRL, Danner and Red Wings are my faves. Happy to share pics. PEACE.

14. AT83

AT83 Active Member

Hi

My name is Andrew, I'm from Chicago. I can mostly be found in uniform at work. I'd like to dress better the rest of the time.

15. chriso97

chriso97 New Member

Hey

My name is Chris and i am a style "tragic"

But I am really here because I am taking part in a massive 54 hour software company building exercise.
    We have had 54 hours to build a company from scratch and make it work.

Its been awesome and we are currently just over half way through
    Webiste is http://www.facebook.com/styleable and if I can get more people in and participating we can make it AWESOME!!!

Chris
    http://www.facebook.com/styleable