Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. ManChild

ManChild New Member

My name is Adam... I'm a poor college student who enjoys window shopping. I like to eat, drink and carry on. I hope to occasionally use StyleForum as an avenue for advice, but mostly as a way to be introduced to all the awesome and stylish things out there that I want but can't quite afford.

2. susanjoydesign

susanjoydesign Member

I am Susan from Susanjoydesign and I make bow ties. Actually just started making them and need some additional help with designing them sine I never wore them before! I usually do high end art show and made them for a show in Baltimore and the response were great! My bow ties are make of silk and the original art work is make from Encaustics. Encaustics is where I paint with Bees wax and Oil Paint. After I transfer my designs to fabric. Seems like a long process but know they are made with care. I joined because I want to learn more about the
    "ART of the Tie!" I always thought only accountants wore them or Architects but eveyone has proved me wrong..

All suggestions are greatly appreciated!
    [​IMG]

3. princeofdublin

princeofdublin New Member

Hullo!

My name is Adam, Im new here, can you show me around :)?

I manage a Gentlemens Outfitters in Dublin, Ireland. I really like classical tailoring with an edge and for me fabric, texture and fit are everything :)

I am young so am only really finding my personal style still but really enjoy emulating some of the greats like Clark Gable, Ernest Hemingway and my Grandfather in their style.

Brands I own and really enjoy the quality of are : Hackett of London, Hare of Tokyo, Drakes, Inis Meain and the list goes on.

Casually I wear nicely tailored indigo jeans, boots, unique belts, chambray shirts, chunky knits, tom ford & Oliver Peoples specs

Suited & Booted I wear cutaway collar shirts (mainly white), mad cufflinks, mohair & merino mix suits peaked and notched, my favorite is my Viktor & Rolf DB suit & knitted Ties

My favourite colour is Forest Green!

4. Tarsus

Tarsus New Member

Hi, my real name is Christophe, 33 yo from around Montreal, Quebec. I joined to ask some questions about shoes and I always have trouble finding a decent nickname (...)

I have too many fragrances and affordable watches, and now I'm wasting my time looking at clothes. It's not going to end well.

5. Diglet

Diglet Senior member

Been lurking here for half a year now so I decided to give posting a shot. Name's Josh and I just look forward to incorporating new styles into the way I dress and figuring out what's best for me.

6. JoeLentini

JoeLentini New Member

Hello, I'm Joe Lentini im 16 and like to look sharp. I am used to dressing nice for formals, hockey games, etc. but usually get help from a friend at mens warehouse. Im trying to do stuff on my own now and was very happy about finding this forum

7. handconstructed

handconstructed Member

Boston native, living in the Bay Area
    Craftsman of everyday leather goods
    Drawn to the well-made, hearty qualities of Alden shoes
    Thought I was obsessed... until I found this thread.

8. fancazzista

fancazzista New Member

Hello everyone.

I live in Los Angeles right now, currently spending a good portion of my time weaving through the sea of flip flops in my camel hair sportcoat on my way to mediocrity at a desk.

I have many ties to Japan, which has influenced my style a lot. Although I tell myself I am going for the Ivy League Look[​IMG], I probably look ridiculous to the true traditionalists out there at least 26% of the time.

9. RedOcean

RedOcean New Member

Hi I'm Alex, a 20 year old student hailing from Brisbane, Australia

I've been in the process of improving the way i dress over the last 6 months however its been hard living in a small town in a permasummer climate. This changed a couple of weeks ago when i made the move to a capital city to start university, and now i have a real opportunity to flex my style muscles.

I quite like the look of more streetwear clothing and I'm currently trying to get all my basic items purchased to put together some nice fits that work with my favourite accessory, my lovely ginger hair.

10. woodpecker22

woodpecker22 New Member

Hey, I'm David, 23 and interested in style!

11. jamiej

jamiej Member

Hi,
    My name is Jamie. i'm 25 and work as an Insurance Broker in the City of London.

I am interested in all things that look good! ... and I like to be noticed ;)

12. moeshin

moeshin Member

Wassup everyone... name is Moses, 31, and into denim..

13. scipio82

scipio82 Member

Hello all, I'm 30, engaged, and a PhD candidate in History. I live in the USA, but spend a lot of time in Mexico and enjoy travelling in general. I tend to wear denim most days and my current favorites are a pair of Left Field Cone White Oak Chelseas. I also love my Red Wing Chukkas.

14. thebosschamp

thebosschamp Member

Hi all, new to this game. Live in Adelaide, Australia and have a new found fascination for suits,shirts and fine shoes. Thanks for having me!

15. ModernGentsMag

ModernGentsMag Member

Hy people...
    I am 39 from Croatia, Europe.

My passion is fine style. I always liked to dress up, but in last several years I am leaning toward classic men's style. Fashion was never my thing, and now when I am old enough to wear some classy stuff with confidence I am loving it every moment.
    Besides style I am interested in quality stuff, no matter if it's movies, music, wine, chocolate, food. I work as an art director so I have an eye for nice things :)

Recently I published my first web site, but I will not push it right here, right now.

Most importantly I forgot to mention that I am a nice guy and follow some rules of etiquette. I think manners are something that is so neglected in todays world. I always had manners, maybe it was something my grandpa taught me. He was a true gentleman. Always dressed up, shaved and spoke 6 languages.

That's it...