1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Bootstrap101

Bootstrap101 New Member

Hello,

I am John and I am here looking for advice on getting into the leather business by those who are much more experienced than I am. I am sure that many of you are aware that in my home country of Puerto Rico a law has been passed less than a year ago giving citizens the green light to sell Iguana Skin Leather internationally. Unfortunately, the government has left us to our own devices in order to learn about this market. With over 4 million Iguanas roaming free through out the island it really is not hard to start an Iguana farm here, in-fact the government wants willing business men to hunt down the Iguanas, sell the meat and leather to other countries and most important they will take their cut in taxes. Although I am a novice in this I am more than happy to take matters into my own hands and start up my business. Can any of you please point me in the right direction so hopefully one day some here may actually sport a product made from my Iguana skins? I thank you all in advance.

John

2. Edwardskim

Edwardskim New Member

Hi guys,

I've been a lurker of SF for a little while and decided to make an account after finding a lot of useful info on the forums.
    I live pretty much in downtown Chicago. I'm also a full time student in the city.

1 person likes this.
  3. e8487

e8487 Member

Hi everyone, I'm Enrique. I live in the outskirts of Madrid, Spain. HR guy both at work and at home (a nice squad of 5 children) and with a developing taste for nice dress shoes (mostly English in style although some of best of them made also in Spain). Looking forward learning from all of you coming from different countries and having different styles and also sharing my points of view.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  4. Exordium01

Exordium01 Active Member

Hey, I'm Zac, a PhD student in Rochester, NY, and now that I'm actually in decent shape, I'm working on transitioning from the black t-shirt and beat-up jeans to "grown-up clothes".

5. jh413

jh413 Member

Hi all, I'm Jonathan. My wife told me recently that I look better when I dress well, so I started frequenting SF, Put This On, and several other sites to figure out how to make it a regular occurrence. I've already learned an incredible amount, and look forward to gleaning more info as time goes on.

6. longboard8

longboard8 New Member

Hi I'm Scott. I live in the Southwest where there is a general dearth of decent clothing. I am a physician and am able to dress casual at work. Regards.

7. donneey

donneey New Member

hi, I'm donny. i live in indonesia. it very nice i can join in styleforum, i love to dress well and i like casual and streetwear style..regards

8. electricgigolo

electricgigolo New Member

9. CrimLaw

CrimLaw Member

Hello. I'm a criminal defense/trial lawyer in San Antonio, Texas. I've been lurking around for a while and ave learned a great deal. I'm trying to bring more style into my wardrobe and look forward to interacting here.

10. Sashu

Sashu Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I'm Eric from NYC. I'm a junior in college and I've lurked SF for a while. I've decided I want my voice heard.

11. w0lf

w0lf Well-Known Member

Hello there! I'm Matteo from Rome, Italy. Im 23 studying Multimedia Arts in Rome's Fine Arts Academy. Here to look for some stylin and buyin tips as Im currently refreshing my wardrobe and for some talks with people sharing same interests.

12. itshunnel

itshunnel New Member

Hey everyone,

My name is Dan and I consider myself a streetwear enthusiast. I have been an avid reader of the forum and a multitude of others with similar content. I am a first time poster but truly hope to engage more frequently with discussions on the site.

Look forward to talking with you all!

Dan

13. SNEAKEROLOGISM

SNEAKEROLOGISM New Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm James, known in various forums as Sneakerologism. Choosing a forum name is annoying. At the time, I wanted Sneakerologist which was taken and I couldnt be bothered picking another name so I went with the next best letter. Now I use Sneakerologism everywhere, it doesnt make any sense but at least people remember it...kinda.

This forum is awesome, and Im glad I've finally joined. Having so many view points, opinions and knowledge all in the one place is totally enriching and makes life so much easier.

Im 32 and I work in corporate sales. I sell Telecommunications Solutions including, phone system hardware, high grade data connections, voice and mobile telephony.

I grew up playing basketball and listening to hip hop. Hence, I have a massive sneaker collection, a decent selvage denim collection and a fondness for all things street/hood.

I also have a keen interest in suiting, watches and leather goods due to the corporate environment I work in and because Im growing up lol. I've learned that looking good/style is all about the small details. Its about putting together a collection of items to show the world your own unique style and sensibilities. It requires a lot of thought and effort and its quite gratifying when people notice.

My style icons are Tom Ford, Lapo Elkin, Jay Z, Kanye West, John Legend, Hedi Slimane, Nick Wooster, Pharrell and Common just to name a few.

I look forward to speaking to you all and sharing my thoughts and opinions about style.

Thanks,
    James

14. AwfullyNiceGuy

AwfullyNiceGuy Well-Known Member

Holla SF!

I'm Andreas a 20 year old dane(that's Denmark, in case you were wondering). I study medicine, but I've only just finished my first semester.
    Over the recent years I have found interest in traditional, formal and proper living, sadly though I haven't found the funds to match. For this reason, I am lurking E-bay, thrift shops and various sales to steadily build a respectable wardrobe.

So far I've been able to get my hands on a pair of used EGs and Churchs, which I now polish daily while watching vintage black/white photos off Voxsatoria and imagining my life as the Duke of Windsor or the likes(overexaggeration may have occurred)... Reminiscent of masturbation and creepy - forgive me.

I'm however a fairly experienced scotch taster, and would love to discuss that with you too.

Cheers.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  15. TobiasM

TobiasM Well-Known Member

Hi folks,
    I'm Tobias from germany(Leipzig) and 21 years old. If you wanna see my outfits, look in the waiwrn Thread, I have already posted my first Outfit.

16. Halifax

Halifax Senior member

Hi SF,

My name is Dave and I am a full time student near the end of my (extensive) studies and on the hunt for clothing to update my wardrobe. I travel a fair amount and am keen to better understand the international market of men's clothing, as well as develop a style that I carry into my professional life. I value knowledge and hope that the wealth of experience possessed by the numerous members on this forum can assist my education. In addition, I am resistant to making investments of any scale without first developing an appreciation for the product and market.

My clothes are typically off-the-rack sales purchases or what I consider a bargain at the local markets. My experience with tailors only includes shirts adjustments and having trousers hemmed. However, I wish to remedy this shortcoming.

Hi Andreas, Have you been to Scotland? Scotch is something else that I am developing an appreciation for, but I would by no means consider myself experienced.

17. iampres10

iampres10 New Member

Hey guys,

Im a 28 yr old male interested in street, surf, and skate fashion.

I have been a buyer for 6 years/24 seasons=)

I like clothes and fashion and am very passionate about them!

Aloha!

18. rjtung

rjtung New Member

Hi guys,

32 yr old Marine here with a strong interest in style and learning how to dress better. T shirt and jeans used to be my staple, but I've found myself wanting to learn more about how to be a better dresser and trying to absorb as much knowledge as possible. Glad to be a part of the forum.

19. beedee

beedee New Member

Hello,
    My name is Bill and I came on to this site while trying to find out more info on how some jeans (Gustin) fit. I'm also a fan of dressing well, so I'm sure I'll get some good info from this forum. Thanks.

20. Marc395

Marc395 Member

Hi everyone,

My name is Marc and I've come here because of my great interest in fashion. It's great to be in a forum with like-minded who, like me, know that fashion isn't just for girls. Clothes make the man and I believe that dressing well is crucial to how you feel and how others see you.

I just started my first real job and can't really afford the really nice stuff yet. But that doesn't mean I can't start preparing for it already!

Looking forward to sharing thoughts and opinions with you guys in here.

- Marc