1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Disphol

Disphol New Member

Aloha guys. I am Disphol from Thailand and just joined the forum a few mins ago.

2. albertssmythe

albertssmythe New Member

Hi all, a new member from Finland here. I've chanced upon this site quite a few times while searching info on shoes and clothing, and finally registered.

3. Limo Driver

Limo Driver Member

Hello SF. The magic of Google led me to the forum and I can see already that there is much for me to learn!

I posted an initial thread asking for some tuxedo advice. We can talk about my Tommy Bahama shirt addiction later.

4. bLaZ3n

bLaZ3n Senior Member

Hello SF.

New here, NY native..

5. fraserstrand

fraserstrand New Member

Hi there! My name is Fraser, I'm based in London and I blog about men's fashion, style, and gadgets on my blog UK Gadget Review and here on Style Forum. I mainly go for a smart 20's inspired look with a few intentional anachronisms like multi-coloured brogues or Ted Baker waistcoats. I'm starting to try to introduce a casual summer suit into the mix but I find it hard to pull off in a casual environment!

I'm particularly interested in the influence of Film and TV on men's fashion and in trying to replicate the looks that I love.

Looking forward to joining the team!

Cheers,
    F

6. cdmcallister

cdmcallister Well-Known Member

Hey all. I'm CDMac. I'm a former Marine living in the great state of Colorado. I recently started a new position that is amiable to dressing more professionally so I'm looking to build a wardrobe. I've been in IT where the job called for jeans and polo shirts. Now, a more customer/client facing position warrants putting on some grown up clothes and I'm loving that. Thanks for all the great posts I've read on this site already. I tend to hang out in the Allen Edmonds appreciation and the shoe care threads.

7. longshot

longshot New Member

Google brings me to some strange places. Anyway I wear jeans not denim, just cause I can.

Where can I find this stuff??

PLEASE NOTE: From now on, no more NSFW threads will be allowed in here. All the NSFW (appreciation, etc.) threads that tend to have near-nudity have been moved to Dumb Threads (with redirects). All new NSFW threads should go in DT as well. Thanks.

8. rtsunoda

rtsunoda New Member

Ray, UI/graphic designer for the University of Oregon. When I'm not training or making pretty templates, I'm thinking about shoes. A lot.

9. JonathanEm

JonathanEm Member

Hi everyone, just found this forum and seems really good, some great topics covered here. Cant wait to jump in. See you around!

— Jon

10. FinanceGreg

FinanceGreg Member

Hey, I'm Greg from Seattle. Work in finance, and appreciate a tailored fit.

My interest in personal style has abruptly surfaced, and I'm making up for lost years. Back in 2010 I was mostly a 300lb anti-social computer geek, but a series of life decisions turned that upside down. Distance running and weight lifting brought me down to 180lbs, from a size XXL shirt to a M, and 52" waist down to 31". It's a given that I needed an entirely new wardrobe.

As I have limited budgets, cost/value is important in addition to fit, and below are some of my current tastes in clothing:

Shirts: Express 1MX Fitted
    Pants: Mostly wear jeans, Bonobos Travel
    Shoes: Johnston & Murphy, also recently discovered Allen Edmonds

11. born is the dim

born is the dim Member

Hi!

A New member here!

Been interested in decent men's clobber ever since. Nowadays (as it's been for a long time) I dress very ivy league - nor 'preppy' neither 'trad'. Having said this, i find myself crawling back to the good ole football casual style of my mid twenties.. (now forty-ish)

Anyway, cheers to you lot

12. gonnabeadoc

gonnabeadoc Member

Hi! I am Bradford. Been an SF lurker for a year, just gathering info. 27yo just out of the military looking for advice on how to dress for a civilian job.

Just starting my shoe collection, becoming a huge AE fan. Already have too many!

Few OTR suits tailored of course. Having trouble getting up the courage to try an online MTM suit, but will soon.

Looking forward to joining the discussion

13. mopes

mopes New Member

hi im steve, my wardrobe consists of mostly Lee jeans i bought in the 80's,sweatshirts that i wear inside out when they get dirty[​IMG] and canvas sneakers..im in my 50's 5'8'' tall and a little bit portly.. any fashion tips you could give me would be greatly appreciated..

14. Cornejudo

Cornejudo New Member

Hi, fellows.

I'm a 24 y.o. student (actually I'm preparing Estate exams to join the judiciary in Spain) and I'm here for some style tips.

Cheers!

15. ScootSuitnBoots

ScootSuitnBoots Member

Hello my name is Mick, and i am interested in STYLE rather than fashion.

I live in a town called Oldham in the north of England. My interests are classic scooters, Northen soul, ska , regggae and British guitar bands from The Who onwards.... I was brought here by the thread "Mod to Suedehead". My style of clothing is based very much around the classic mod and skinhead look, with a bit of 80s casual thrown in (don't worry its a UK thing !)

My passion for the clothing, the style and the music is such that I launched an online business a few years ago selling brands popular amongst followers of the afore mentioned "sub-cultures"