• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Limo Driver

Reaction score
Hello SF. The magic of Google led me to the forum and I can see already that there is much for me to learn!

I posted an initial thread asking for some tuxedo advice. We can talk about my Tommy Bahama shirt addiction later.

fraserstrand

Reaction score
Hi there! My name is Fraser, I'm based in London and I blog about men's fashion, style, and gadgets on my blog UK Gadget Review and here on Style Forum. I mainly go for a smart 20's inspired look with a few intentional anachronisms like multi-coloured brogues or Ted Baker waistcoats. I'm starting to try to introduce a casual summer suit into the mix but I find it hard to pull off in a casual environment!

I'm particularly interested in the influence of Film and TV on men's fashion and in trying to replicate the looks that I love.

Looking forward to joining the team!

Cheers,
F

cdmcallister

Reaction score
Hey all. I'm CDMac. I'm a former Marine living in the great state of Colorado. I recently started a new position that is amiable to dressing more professionally so I'm looking to build a wardrobe. I've been in IT where the job called for jeans and polo shirts. Now, a more customer/client facing position warrants putting on some grown up clothes and I'm loving that. Thanks for all the great posts I've read on this site already. I tend to hang out in the Allen Edmonds appreciation and the shoe care threads.

longshot

Reaction score
Google brings me to some strange places. Anyway I wear jeans not denim, just cause I can.

Where can I find this stuff??

PLEASE NOTE: From now on, no more NSFW threads will be allowed in here. All the NSFW (appreciation, etc.) threads that tend to have near-nudity have been moved to Dumb Threads (with redirects). All new NSFW threads should go in DT as well. Thanks.

rtsunoda

Reaction score
Ray, UI/graphic designer for the University of Oregon. When I'm not training or making pretty templates, I'm thinking about shoes. A lot.

JonathanEm

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just found this forum and seems really good, some great topics covered here. Cant wait to jump in. See you around!

— Jon

FinanceGreg

Reaction score
Hey, I'm Greg from Seattle. Work in finance, and appreciate a tailored fit.

My interest in personal style has abruptly surfaced, and I'm making up for lost years. Back in 2010 I was mostly a 300lb anti-social computer geek, but a series of life decisions turned that upside down. Distance running and weight lifting brought me down to 180lbs, from a size XXL shirt to a M, and 52" waist down to 31". It's a given that I needed an entirely new wardrobe.

As I have limited budgets, cost/value is important in addition to fit, and below are some of my current tastes in clothing:

Shirts: Express 1MX Fitted
Pants: Mostly wear jeans, Bonobos Travel
Shoes: Johnston & Murphy, also recently discovered Allen Edmonds

Reaction score
Hi!

A New member here!

Been interested in decent men's clobber ever since. Nowadays (as it's been for a long time) I dress very ivy league - nor 'preppy' neither 'trad'. Having said this, i find myself crawling back to the good ole football casual style of my mid twenties.. (now forty-ish)

Anyway, cheers to you lot

gonnabeadoc

Reaction score
Hi! I am Bradford. Been an SF lurker for a year, just gathering info. 27yo just out of the military looking for advice on how to dress for a civilian job.

Just starting my shoe collection, becoming a huge AE fan. Already have too many!

Few OTR suits tailored of course. Having trouble getting up the courage to try an online MTM suit, but will soon.

Looking forward to joining the discussion

mopes

Reaction score
hi im steve, my wardrobe consists of mostly Lee jeans i bought in the 80's,sweatshirts that i wear inside out when they get dirty
shog[1].gif
and canvas sneakers..im in my 50's 5'8'' tall and a little bit portly.. any fashion tips you could give me would be greatly appreciated..

Cornejudo

Reaction score
Hi, fellows.

I'm a 24 y.o. student (actually I'm preparing Estate exams to join the judiciary in Spain) and I'm here for some style tips.

Cheers!

Reaction score
Hello my name is Mick, and i am interested in STYLE rather than fashion.

I live in a town called Oldham in the north of England. My interests are classic scooters, Northen soul, ska , regggae and British guitar bands from The Who onwards.... I was brought here by the thread "Mod to Suedehead". My style of clothing is based very much around the classic mod and skinhead look, with a bit of 80s casual thrown in (don't worry its a UK thing !)

My passion for the clothing, the style and the music is such that I launched an online business a few years ago selling brands popular amongst followers of the afore mentioned "sub-cultures"

Southern Gent

Reaction score
Southern Gent here. I'm in Atlanta, GA. Straight, Married, no kids. 35 years old (36 in a few short days).

I have, in the last year or so, begun to take my wardrobe more seriously (especially for work and nights out with my wife). I blame my wife and Social Primer. Around the house it's jeans mostly but for work or going out I'm a sport coat/blazer, trousers and dress shirt kind of guy. I wear suits sometimes but not as often as I would like. I rarely wear ties and haven't gone the bow tie route yet but I am curious. I don't mind wearing a tie except in the summer in the South. I guess I am somewhat preppy, conservative/traditional looks seem to suit me best.

You typically won't see me away from my house in a shirt without a collar.

I like Brooks Brothers a little too much and wearing seersucker even more.

I like good scotch and better cigars.

I have more shoes than a lot of women I know.

I'm fairly OCD about polishing my dress shoes - I do it myself and probably every 4th or 5th time I wear them. Some get polished more than they get worn.

Biggest pet peeve: lack of civility, manners etiquette etc.

canadianstyle

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I'm currently a university student studying political economy, while apprenticing part-time at Canada's premier tailor shop.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads