Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Southern Gent

Southern Gent Member

Southern Gent here. I'm in Atlanta, GA. Straight, Married, no kids. 35 years old (36 in a few short days).

I have, in the last year or so, begun to take my wardrobe more seriously (especially for work and nights out with my wife). I blame my wife and Social Primer. Around the house it's jeans mostly but for work or going out I'm a sport coat/blazer, trousers and dress shirt kind of guy. I wear suits sometimes but not as often as I would like. I rarely wear ties and haven't gone the bow tie route yet but I am curious. I don't mind wearing a tie except in the summer in the South. I guess I am somewhat preppy, conservative/traditional looks seem to suit me best.

You typically won't see me away from my house in a shirt without a collar.

I like Brooks Brothers a little too much and wearing seersucker even more.

I like good scotch and better cigars.

I have more shoes than a lot of women I know.

I'm fairly OCD about polishing my dress shoes - I do it myself and probably every 4th or 5th time I wear them. Some get polished more than they get worn.

Biggest pet peeve: lack of civility, manners etiquette etc.

2. canadianstyle

canadianstyle New Member

Hello everybody,
    I'm currently a university student studying political economy, while apprenticing part-time at Canada's premier tailor shop.

3. boned

boned Senior member

Collin, graduate from University of Illinois. Lurked here for a long time and browse /r/MFA regularly (trying to stray from the "uniform" a bit). I like to adhere to the "French wardrobe" outlook on wardrobes, as well as being frugal (not cheap). Decided to become a part of the community, so hello!

4. AxVxA

AxVxA Member

Hi guys, started coming across this site over and over when looking for style advice... figured I'd join up. Canadian eh..

5. IceCream CMNDO

IceCream CMNDO Member

Greetings one and all!!!

I am looking forward to exploring and discovering the many great style inspirations this site surely has to offer. In addition to that, I am quite eager to contribute a number of choice items to the Market Place:)

PEACE

6. anais anais

anais anais New Member

Hello! I'm a noob here, based in Singapore. I joined Styleforum because my husband's just lost a bunch of weight and I'm putting together a new, classic, working wardrobe for him. So I'm looking to educate myself about handmade shoes, suits and shirts in order to be able to invest in good pieces.

We travel a lot - I'm a travel writer - and so have a lot of opportunity to check out tailoring and specialty shops in various cities. Hope to make a couple of good contacts here and learn a thing or three :)

7. vriche

vriche Senior member

I'm Vladimir from New York. I have one 15 month old son and another son on the way. I love peak lapel suits and cap toe shoes.

8. coolron

coolron Senior member

Hi there, I'm Ron a 20 year old college student from New England. I've been lurking for a few months and finally took the plunge today. I've been building up my wardrobe recently and hope to keep getting plenty of great ideas here.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013

9. talleronline

talleronline New Member

Hey, unfashionable guy who hopes to changes that, my style icons are Steve Mcqueen, Bogart, RFK. I'm avid fan of baseball, classic film, hockey, scotch, cigars and stand up comedy.

10. alienhunter

alienhunter New Member

hi, i´m Miguel and i would like learn to another members

11. console jockey

console jockey New Member

Good evening (or whatever your local time designator is.)

My name is Drew...I'm a long time lurker and finally decided I should create and account here.

I'm a graphic designer by trade but through a series of recent promotions and reorganizations I've been promoted and can basically no longer wear a sport shirt and jeans to the office, and I'm trying to build what I consider a professional wardrobe. I'm 30 years old now so I suppose it's high time I start dressing like an adult anyhow.

I have a fascination with diving & military field watches, wingtip & brogue shoes, and an appreciation of sartorial style (although I couldn't say I always subscribe to it.) I'm in desperate need of fitting advice so when I get some time I'll have my wife take some pics of my pathetically-fitting suit and maybe get some advice.

12. PlaceboFX

PlaceboFX Active Member

Hello All,

I'm new-ish to the world of fashion, and I'm slowly finding out what I like to wear based on style, quality, durability, etc. I like learning more so I can make more informed purchasing decisions, and this forum looks to be a great place for that.

I like Allen Edmonds shoes, and they're the first higher end articles of menswear I've owned (love the AE thread on here). I really need to figure out more about suits, though.

Glad to be here!

13. tracymills

tracymills New Member

Hello people,

I'm Tracy and came by this forum for some styling advice. Which better place to ask, right?

Thanks for a great resource.

14. Edward S

Edward S New Member

I'm an accountant from Calgary. I had read some positive reviews about Olympia Tailors back when it was run by Carl Pepe. Since then his son Don has taken over and run the business into the ground.

I wish to discourage anyone who had read the positive reviews of Olympia Tailors from the past from attempting to do business with this dishonest liar and thief.

15. B-Rogue

B-Rogue Well-Known Member

Greetings all. Male 36 year old here from UK. Hope to enjoy my time here and thank you in advance to all of you who I am sure will give me great advice throughout my stay. Cheers.