• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Druddra

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Carlo and I come from Florence. Despite my young age (24 years old) I am a great lover of classical elegance. I love tailoring and in my free time I enjoy looking for deals online (I have a lot of hand-sewn jackets that I have managed to find, from people who did not appreciate the art these objects represent), over time I have made a beautiful collection of handmade classic garments. I hope to find other people like me who know how to enjoy the little joys of life and appreciate the art of tailoring. Tailoring is a lifestyle, it is part of my being, it is a means of expression and a passion. I love art, i think that art and beauty are everywhere and for me tailoring is one of the many little things that makes possible to express your creativity and experience art every day.
Hope i will have fun here!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Carlo, Florence is a beautiful city! Your introduction which expresses a passion for sartorial art/artisanship is both admirable and fascinating. Happy to have you here. Cheers!

Sortasartorial

Reaction score
Looking forward to learning from people here. Living in the north I have a summer closet and a winter closet. Off and on for several years I've been a sartorial hobbiest although I lack a natural eye.

Simon Chambers

Reaction score
Looking forward to learning from people here. Living in the north I have a summer closet and a winter closet. Off and on for several years I've been a sartorial hobbiest although I lack a natural eye.

Welcome to the forums! Depending on how far north you are, I can totally understand, as I have fairly distinct sets of clothes myself :). I hope you're able to find what you are looking for, and supplement with knowledge what you claim to lack naturally!

Simon Chambers

Reaction score
I like Americana and workwear by way of thrifting.
Thrifting is a great way to get the pieces you want, if you have the patience for it and the right body type... I always have trouble since I'm so tall, so I can rarely find shirts that are long enough...

ThriftyGent

Reaction score
Hi all, I enjoy thrifting suits, blazers, and coats. Wore a nice suit once and it was hard to go back to polyester garbage...
Read Dressing the Man and I've building a wardrobe one ebay piece at a time.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I enjoy thrifting suits, blazers, and coats. Wore a nice suit once and it was hard to go back to polyester garbage...
Read Dressing the Man and I've building a wardrobe one ebay piece at a time.
Hello, rebuilding your wardrobe with careful attention is a good way to go. It sounds like a cliche, however, less can be more especially if you're diligent and above all else patient. Welcome aboard!

Jupiter_rain

Reaction score
Hi all. A long-time lurker from northern Europe here. I am mostly passionate about possibilities to have a minimal wardrobe consisting of versatile garments and mixing old and new items to create new looks with aspiration towards business casual style with some personality. My viewpoint is that a wardrobe is a resource to realise some creative and possibly unique ideas.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all. A long-time lurker from northern Europe here. I am mostly passionate about possibilities to have a minimal wardrobe consisting of versatile garments and mixing old and new items to create new looks with aspiration towards business casual style with some personality. My viewpoint is that a wardrobe is a resource to realise some creative and possibly unique ideas.
Hello Jupiter_rain, your viewpoint is valid. Welcome to the forum!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

For anyone with whom I have not interacted, I'm the owner and administrator here. I just wanted to say hello, and to take the oppportunity to introduce our newest sponsor, Capra Leather. Our content director actually has one of their desk organizers.

Anyway, welcome, and feel free to check them out, or any other one of our sponsors, who help keep the lights on, as do you guys. Thanks!

Cheers.

Fok.

Passin_by

Reaction score
Hi there,
Randomly stumbled onto this site and figured what better way to learn more about all the styles out there than join and mingle with you all.

I'm currently building my wardrobe and would love to learn from all the great minds here!

cheers,

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
Randomly stumbled onto this site and figured what better way to learn more about all the styles out there than join and mingle with you all.

I'm currently building my wardrobe and would love to learn from all the great minds here!

cheers,
Hey there, we've received several newcomers that have expressed a similar goal. I'm certainly not touting myself as having a great mind yet having lived more than five decades on this planet has given me ample time to build several wardrobes for myself and most importantly learn from the process. We're here to assist each other. Anything in particular that you'd like to know? Welcome to the forum!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads