• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MaxFlex

Reaction score
Hi there, I am Kevin a mid 40's Australian living in Germany for some time now. I own a small software company and enjoy quality in all things, including what I wear. I look forward to getting some style tips and interacting with the community.

quaker13

Reaction score
Hello I am Quaker. I stand 6'3 and weigh 235. Finding suit jackets, sport coats and dress shirts that fit is the bane of my existence, but hopefully I can get some help from you guys. I live in DC and love wearing bright colors

Enigmatic

Reaction score
Hi, I'm from California. Im here to find new twists on old styles. I'm a bit conservative in dress. I prefer bleeding alpha male styles and have an unhealthy addiction to flannel. Which I'm trying to redesign for the modern male. I love alot of brands but if I had to pick one, Ralph Lauren.

rcc1

Reaction score
My name is Rod, i'm 27 and I like the italian brands like Attolini, Brioni, Cuccineli, Kiton. Usually I buy in stores like shopthefinest or Ebay for good prices.

z1000

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Zack

I'm 30 years old, and only been really paying attention to my clothing for the past 2 years. I'm 6' and 160lbs so its hard to find stuff wire-y enough for me, so I've been going custom as much as I can afford. I really like clean modern cuts & styles with classic materials. I'm hoping to find some good advice here.

random style I like, off the top of my head: plaid ties, slim notch lapels, timberland chukkas, grey jeans, military style jackets, ticket pockets, custom stuff

maxiprep

Reaction score
Former Lilly Pulitzer, Stradlader preppy seduced into working for Yves St. Laurent London and New York store for men in the mid 70's, later had stores and business in fashion in LA. Now Totally Anglo in style, especially shoes. Way too many Alfred Sargents, Peals, Wildsmiths, Edward Greens, and Aldens in my closet, but I just keep buying more. Will buy any size, any quantity, high quality English shoes in good shape.

GianGian

Reaction score
Goodmorning,

I'm a italian 19 years old student, and I'm going to attend my first year of university this fall.
This summer I decided to change my old, school boy style, shifting to a more mature way of dressing (from t-shirts to shirts, from sweatshirts to sweaters, etc).

My budget is not that big... but I found the way to dress good, even without being rich.

Bye.

EvilGenius007

Reaction score
Hi folks. I'm 29, single, live in the U.S. midwest and work on campus at a large public university. I just started following menswear around January of this year, and have been slowly turning my eye more and more towards Ivy and other traditional dress. I find myself pretty fascinated with J. Press, Gant, Gitman Bros. and keep an eye out for Brooks Brothers staples that I still need.

loicroman

Reaction score
hello, i'm from switzerland and i live in geneva. i'm 21 years old and i work in a bank. I love basic english wear and of course suit.
nice to meet you everybody
bye
lolo

Firefox

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm 30 years old and live in Toronto Canada. I'm in financial services and work downtown, but in a business casual setting. While my work clothes are okay for a young guy starting out, I think it's time that I start investing in some better stuff and dressing a little better professionally.

I've been lurking for a while, and finally decided to sign up and start asking a few questions. Thanks to all of the SFers for the great information and opinions!

Ashton

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I currently live and study in Denmark, I'm 18 of age and over the last 5-6 months I've started developing a love for style and clothes. Which is why I'm here. I decided to sign up, after reading a few threads and noticing how brilliant and friendly this community seems to be. I'm almost certain I'll enjoy my stay.

mtwilson65

Reaction score
Hi, folks:

I'm a middle-aged English professor in North Carolina. My clothes style is humanities-professorial: dress shirts, khakis, ties, sport coats and blazers. My biggest style challenge is finding wearable somewhat dressy shoes for 12.5 EE feet with a variety of problems: at the moment the only ones I can wear are Clarks, which mean that I can't dress "up" too far or the look gets unbalanced. Any recommendations for mildly dressy shoes with wide tops and removable inserts? I've been looking at these:
http://www.russellmoccasin.com/shoes_sport_oxford/sport_premiercountryoxford.html
but haven't ordered a pair to try yet. Anybody try them?

Mike

musfani

Reaction score
Hello to all. I'm the new commer. I love jeans, still have to gain knowledge in fashion, brand, prices, originality, story and many more. So, this is the right place to dig in. Nice to know you all.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good morning!

I am a 25 year old working professional from Michigan, my style is classic in inspiration, I rarely wear jeans or polo shirts, more often than not I wear a tie, even when lounging around. Sport coats are my go to item, rarely do i like to wear a full suit, unless i can really mix up texture or colors to create a unique and interesting look.

I have been lurking here for many months! so many useful tips. Thank you all!

Marc Voorhees

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads