• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ziggny

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm Zach -- been lurking for a while, just found this thread, so figured it was about time. Based in DC, but considering a move back to NY. Mid-20s, so as much as I drool over bespoke tailoring and formalwear, my lifestyle's just not there yet... Doesn't mean I can't pretend.

dilletaunted

Reaction score
Hello,

New person from the west coast of the US. Relative newbie mostly looking for advice

Last edited:

Rum Runner

Reaction score
Hello SF'ers! I am a long time lurker, first time poster; a late-twenties financial services professional, living in the Windy City. I first started coming to SF to pick up some advice as it relates to my work attire, as I've gotten older, I'd like to think that my dress sense has matured as well. I spend most my time on threads that relates to business formal attire; I graduated from poorly fitting OTR suits to better fitting MTM suits and SCs in the last couple of years. So if anyone has some questions regarding tailors I've frequented in Chicago, I'm more than happy to share my experience.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Welcome everyone.

joeyf

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm Joe. This looks to be a great place to hang out! Look forward to being a part. I worked for the great retailer Nordstrom for over 4 years, selling and fitting men's shoes. I learned so much about fashion/style there, but always looking to learn more and share ideas. My first love in style is shoes in any shade of brown!

murtabak

Reaction score
Hi all,

Sheen here hailing from sunny Singapore. Been lurking around this site for about a year or so and decided to finally create an account. I'm rather young, not even in my twenties and frankly, it's hard to find people (my age) who share my love for sartorial elegance or single malt whisky. Hence I'm hoping this site would allow me to connect with others with similar interests.

aktor

Reaction score
Hi, AKTor here. 30-something from Canada, interested in food, photography, and cultivating a classic style sense (and matching closet). Long-time reader of SF, finally got around to joining, and happy to be here.

Legion

Reaction score
Hello, I am Legion. Style forum comes to my computer every few months based on searches that I'm doing. I lurk for awhile and then it goes away. It came back yesterday and I decided to join today. There is something damned impressive in the way you guys talk about shoes.
smile.gif

ryan86

Reaction score
Hi all, today I decided to join SF but I started visiting it something like a year ago. Somehow, when I was looking for quality information about shirts and later suits, SF was usually used as a point of reference and source of quality advice. Today I decided to join and to contribute more to this community. About me, Prague based, late 20s, fascinated by photography, modern music and good dress shirts :)

markdudley

Reaction score
I'm Mark. I buy a lot of shoes and refuse to wear jeans. Watches are the only "jewelry" I can bring myself to wear. I wish I needed eyeglasses so I could start a collection, and I have more ties than I will ever need (but I still want more). I'm interested to keep learning and to talk "style" with other people that actually care.

jonnie

Reaction score
jonnie here.

Not much of a poster but a lurker lol! I like clothing and gotten on the streetwear bandwagon back in high school. Currently in university, hopefully to get a degree +.+

TravelFun

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is TravelFun. Looking forward to discussing the latest style trends.

gjkirk

Reaction score
Greetings Everyone

I love shoes, watches,jackets, jeans, range finder photography, books, art and almost anything hand crafted..
Sums me up really
cheers.gif

Cheers
Greg

PattyPoo

Reaction score
Hello.

This is my first post on SF, but I've been reading it for some time. In fact, I've been reading it much to my chagrin. Let me explain.

I'm a 27 year old who has developed the hobby of wanting to dress well and wearing high quality clothing. Unfortunately, I was a slave to marketing and thought high quality clothing was one thing before discovering it was another upon heavy reading of this forum.

My first "brand name" suit purchase was a Hugo Boss from The Bay here in Calgary, Canada. It was a sharp navy that I loved and immediately started bragging about it to anyone and everyone who would listen. I got it at the "bargain basement" price of $700 after all. I followed that with a another Boss purchase from Harry Rosen for what I thought was a steal at $990 when regularly priced at $1300.

Then I started reading SF. Sigh. If only I had read it first. Don't get me wrong, I still very much like my suits as they fit me very well. I just have realized that Hugo Boss is only worth spending hard earned dollars at a certain price point. The price points I just mentioned do not fall under that umbrella.

A suit is required for my job around 60 times a year and I will choose to wear one, whether it be to dress well to an event or to add that extra touch, another 40 or 50 times a year. Despite telling myself I wouldn't buy Boss anymore since learning about construction and quality, I've broken my rules south of the border at Cabazon, San Marcos, and other outlet locations. I've picked up 3 more for a total less than the $700 I paid for the first navy I mentioned...for whatever reason, I always stumble upon crazy discounts on top of the outlet pricing. They're all Boss Black or Boss Selection.

Yet, here I am yearning for a real suit. A suit with a full canvas, a suit with real handwork, a suit I can really be proud of. I have an athletic build, wear a 44R off the rack in most brands, and I don't go a week without looking at deals, stores, etc to see what is out there. I've determined my first fully canvassed suit will likely be a Samuelsohn during Rosen's MTM event...a nice charcoal can be had for around $1100 and will fit me very well with a sizable drop from shoulders to waist.

Just like to thank SF from afar as a lurker, as it has helped me see the light AND helped me learn the value of contrast and coordination. I'm not a pro by any means but I learn something everyday on this forum.

fsucesar

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm Cesar, a military officer that just joined the ranks of the newly late 20's club. I've been reading the forum on and off and thought it was finally time to join it. I'm surrounded in a community that has no value for style (the military) and I'm looking for some inspiration. Right now I am seriously researching the purchase of a pair of Alden 405 Indy boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics