1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. ant702

ant702 Senior member

Outstanding! Me personally I hate suits, but love Pea coats, sport coats and other hybrid comfortable casuals[​IMG]

2. lucidream

lucidream Active Member

In Vancouver, BC. Engineer who enjoys fine details :)

3. colubrid

colubrid Member

Near Atlanta GA and is just starting the demim bug.

4. SturbanClothing

SturbanClothing New Member

I am the owner of an mens online clothes store [I wont mention it unless asked]. I got into fashion in the late 70's when I started wearing Boy and Vivien Westwood. My other interests other than fashion are youth cultures, music particulary reggae, dub and dubstep but I like experimental music and do podcasts. I was very into Chinese martial arts for over 20 years but had a bad accident and could not walk for 2 years so gave them up. Also in to food ina big way and I love to travel, Spain is my favorite place to be

5. hundredone

hundredone Member

6. cdhicks3

cdhicks3 New Member

Gents,
    I have been meaning to join your ranks for a while now but I haven't found the time, till now. I am taking inventory of my life over this past year (2012) and have come to the conclusion that I need to interact with men who know more about fashion than I do. So I am excited to be here! I consider myself to be very open-minded. I enjoy fashion because it is a great way to start conversations, people usually approach me with questions about my attire. I find that people appreciate nice clothing but I mostly tell them that it is the fit of my clothing that is appealing to them. The comment I usually find myself dealing with is along the lines of "I would like to dress the way you do but I can't afford to". To this, I usually go on a rant about "how timing is everything in life". My goal in Styleforum is to learn.
    I am a married man in my mid-thirties and I value the opinions of others. I aspire to become a great listener.

I look forward to sharing with all of you.

7. Khayyam

Khayyam New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm 23, French student, going to Norway in a few days. I'm kindda scared of the weather I'll encounter and I'm trying to gather as much useful clothes as possible while in Paris before leaving.

Apart from that, I became interested in fashion a few years ago when I found out how rich a world it is. I try to do my best to balance my urges to buy things and my bank account. I think many will relate on this aspect.

8. ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory New Member

I'm Kevin and recently founded Chaos Theory based out of Toronto, Canada. It is our 1st run and our collection is small, but we've got some nice things planned for FW'13.

Been browsing on Styleforum on and off for a bit, and decided to finally join for obvious reasons.

Check us out and any feedback/comments are welcomed.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2012
  9. CoolNickname

CoolNickname Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm coolnickname. I ran into this site a a few weeks ago when I was browsing the internet for shoes. I'm looking to upgrade the shoes in my closet, and have gotten some ideas on this forum. Hope to make better choices in the future!

Nice to meet everyone here!

10. sil0ver

sil0ver New Member

I only recently joined the style forum so that I could respond to an article that touched on a subject of particular interest to me: men adopting some items of women's clothing and making it part of their own personal style. I have long been disappointed in the lack of choices and variety in men's clothing compared to the overwhelming choices available to women. Men should have the same opportunity for choices that women have.

11. Tinman

Tinman Member

Hi folks,

I'm a male in my late 20s living in BC, Canada. I've been benefiting from the collective wisdom of the forums for a few months, and decided to register so that I can ask questions and maybe eventually contribute something of value.

12. rollei

rollei New Member

Long time lurker. Finally decided to register. Wishing you all a fantastic 2013!.

13. ant702

ant702 Senior member

I hope you mean color wise and not design?

14. Coolman5

Coolman5 New Member

Hello. My name is Coolman5. I found out about the website from Mr. Peacoat at the fedoralounge. I would like to be open to any help regarding measurements to find a nice Kersey wool peacoat that fits.

15. sil0ver

sil0ver New Member

16. ChicagoMoose

ChicagoMoose New Member

Long time lurker, finally decided to join. Have a happy and healthy 2013.

17. ejtheshadow

ejtheshadow New Member

Hi guys! My name is EJ (20 years old) and I've been lurking for a while as a guest and taking notes on some of your tips :)

I've been all my life wearing the same clothes, traditional modern clothes (jeans, jeans, jeans and more jeans with a polo shirt and/or T-shirt). I tried to change a bit, wearing "Seattle style", open long sleeve shirt with a T-shirt underneath, I wore that and the jean/shirt all way through my first 2 years of College (I'm still studying Accounting). I know, what a shame...

Last June, I started working at Old Navy, and gosh! I was missing out! A lot of cool clothes! So, thanks to the employee discounts, Im buying like crazy (I can use my discount on Old Navy, Banana Republic, GAP and more). I buy stuff I thought I would never wear ever, like a Cardigan. So I decided to join this awesome community, keep up to date and to learn how to dress like a real human being. I go to church, and I use a lot of suits too... Most of them are made of Polyester (dont hit me! I read the suits thread XD ). Im trying to change the way I look and how I dress up.

P.S. Im not against jeans, nor polos and shirts; I still use them in a random basis, when Im lazy or is too hot. I live in Puerto Rico and sorry for the long post.

18. MarkDH

MarkDH Member

Hi I am Mark.

I am living in Australia having recently returned from living in Europe for many years. Mens clothing and shoes are not quite the same here as in Europe so discovering this forum is a great way to keep up with fashion. Having lived in Spain I love quality Spanish shoes!

19. Sahadoha

Sahadoha New Member

I'm Sahadoha, not my name at all.
    Been on this site several times, never really cared to joined, mostly would google a style issue and itd end me up here, reading about some non-topic. I also did see this site linked to the tumble page thisfits.me.
    I'm into style, A LOT, as a college student, with bills everywhere my meager minimum wage job doesn't really afford me the luxuries. Right now i get by best I can.
    I got an okay collection of about 30 shoes, ranging from sneakers to boats to loafers and boots. I'm looking to add some Chukkas to the collection which is the main reason why i joined this site, i need affordable, comfortable chukkas, i like having the ability to dress up or down with my clothing being that i cant have a ton of it. I have a certain style, certain things i like to wear. i like all my clothing fitted, and fitting just right. i like wool, crew socks. i dont really wear ankle or no show socks anymore. i have a nice assortment of button up shirts. im just starting out now, i have plenty to learn about fit, feel, denim, and everything inbetween but right now i want to start with the Chukkas, someone help me get something affordable.

20. MILSTD810

MILSTD810 New Member

Hello everyone:

I currently switching up jobs right now and I'm hoping that this forum will be able to help me select some workwear for my new job. I am currently working as an engineer in the aerospace & defense industry (hence my handle) and I'm switching into the construction industry.