• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

monci

Reaction score
I'm Monci,
i'm new here. I have a office job as an administrator and i'm only 19. I don't have the budget to buy big quality name brands so don't expect anything fancy from me
cheers.gif

danisdead

Reaction score
My name is Dan, I'm 34 years old and just in the last couple of years have decided it was time to grow up and dress like a man. I live in Alaska and love to mix the rugged outdoor look with some sophistication.

Last edited:

suubz

Reaction score
Hi all, my name is Subash. I've been lurking here for about two years, and I've learned a lot and built up quite an impressive wardrobe for a 19-year-old. I was drawn to SF because I was tired of spending on the same low-mid quality ostentatious designer crap that I and all my friends were buying all through highschool, and also because I have a deep appreciation for quality and elegance. I've lived in Ohio, India, Miami, and am most likely moving to NYC next year. I hope I can continue to learn more, and contribute as well.

My current style is a mix of casual and formal. I love PRPS and Edwin for denim, Tod's are my go to casual loafer, I hope to build up a sneaker collection as well this next year, and my favorite shirt-makers are Barba Napoli, Finamore, and Truzzi, but I hope to be trying a few other makers over the next few months.

Last edited:

font

Reaction score
Lurker for the past four years. The first post that drew me in was about AE shoes.

Cell247

Reaction score
Hi from Austin Texas. Decided its time to step and dress a little better. In my 30s now and still wearing Nike Sb Dunks and skate clothing. =-\ Looking to redo my wardrobe. Its just so hot here that Im not sure what Ill be able to wear and still survive. Been reading over this great forum so decided to register.

twenty3

Reaction score
Hi I'm Twenty3. Like others, I had been around for a moment, and I finally decided to join. I'm 23 and I teach English.

K-man21

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just graduated college and got a job. Looking to switch up my style with a new wardrobe, working in a Business casual environment. I want to be on the more formal end of business casual. Any casual clothing advice is also appreciated.

jlewis

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm 18 starting my freshman year in college as a business major and just found my sense of style this year. After lurking here for a while I've decided to become a member. Looking forward to new inspirations and advice.

Gorecki

Reaction score
HI there. i believe this is the place to post your very first time so here it goes.

I'm Gorecki, i'm Portuguese, and i am probably the only guy i know that is into good shoes, raw denim and designer wear. i live in Oporto,, very close to the Wrong Weather & Porvocação stores and also about 30 minute drive from the shoe making industries that make all those "Made in Portugal" shoes you like (you know what i am talking about dont you APC, Tom Browne, Swear London, Saville Row co.???? :) ) and also similar distance to the good shirt makers you know and apreciate (am i right Paul smith, Gazzarini, Hackett, Aquascutum and Norse projects, V Av. Shoe Repair people??? :) )

Since i am forced to use suits every friggin day to work, i tend to get sloppy in my sartorial choices. at weekends, catch me i raw denim or vintage slim chinos, plain looking sneakers or casual brogues and striped t-shirts, casual stylish shirts by the above stated makers ( i catch some serious steals....)

as favourtie brand these days, all the japanese denim makers, the antwerp designers, those japanese designers we love like commme, Vis, and also some classic british brands such as Fred Perry, barracuta, Aquascutum,Burberry...

yeah... this sums it up!

rossoz

Reaction score
I'm Larry, age 68, very short, sorta trim and hard to fit. I will be visiting here to see what others think. In one of the site pictures I see a very nice suit, tie and shoes with a button down collar on the shirt. To me the button down shirt distracts from an otherwise very nice look. This is especially true with the new trimmer looks- snug jacket, narrow legged pants. The button down belongs maybe with a blazer or possibly the older Brooks Brothers look- looser fitting suit with pleated pants, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

Looking forward to visiting with you....

whatname

Reaction score
I'm Chris. Just found out about Styleforum a while ago, and decided I'd like to hang out here in an effort to upgrade my wardrobe. I'm a stereotypical engineer with little sense of style and a penchant for throwing together cheap and mismatched ensembles that only my mother would love.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads