Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Gorecki

Gorecki Well-Known Member

HI there. i believe this is the place to post your very first time so here it goes.

I'm Gorecki, i'm Portuguese, and i am probably the only guy i know that is into good shoes, raw denim and designer wear. i live in Oporto,, very close to the Wrong Weather & Porvocação stores and also about 30 minute drive from the shoe making industries that make all those "Made in Portugal" shoes you like (you know what i am talking about dont you APC, Tom Browne, Swear London, Saville Row co.???? :) ) and also similar distance to the good shirt makers you know and apreciate (am i right Paul smith, Gazzarini, Hackett, Aquascutum and Norse projects, V Av. Shoe Repair people??? :) )

Since i am forced to use suits every friggin day to work, i tend to get sloppy in my sartorial choices. at weekends, catch me i raw denim or vintage slim chinos, plain looking sneakers or casual brogues and striped t-shirts, casual stylish shirts by the above stated makers ( i catch some serious steals....)

as favourtie brand these days, all the japanese denim makers, the antwerp designers, those japanese designers we love like commme, Vis, and also some classic british brands such as Fred Perry, barracuta, Aquascutum,Burberry...

yeah... this sums it up!

2. rossoz

rossoz Senior member

I'm Larry, age 68, very short, sorta trim and hard to fit. I will be visiting here to see what others think. In one of the site pictures I see a very nice suit, tie and shoes with a button down collar on the shirt. To me the button down shirt distracts from an otherwise very nice look. This is especially true with the new trimmer looks- snug jacket, narrow legged pants. The button down belongs maybe with a blazer or possibly the older Brooks Brothers look- looser fitting suit with pleated pants, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

Looking forward to visiting with you....

3. whatname

whatname New Member

I'm Chris. Just found out about Styleforum a while ago, and decided I'd like to hang out here in an effort to upgrade my wardrobe. I'm a stereotypical engineer with little sense of style and a penchant for throwing together cheap and mismatched ensembles that only my mother would love.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  4. themodestman

themodestman Well-Known Member

Yo! I've been posting for a few days, but my name is Brock. I run a blog about style tips for shorter gentlemen (see my sig), which is part of the reason I wanted to become involved in this community. It's a great way to check facts and learn new things, although I will never be at the "level" of most of you guys in terms of sheer knowledge of tailoring, etc.

Anyways, great to be here! If anyone has questions or just wants to talk about how much it sucks trying to find clothes that fit when you're under 5'8" - hit me up.

-Brock

5. versalt

versalt New Member

Hello world! I am a lady from Norway. Originally I am a teacher, but now i want to start my own business. I want to work on issues that interest me, and the first step into the world, is to search for contacts and inspiration out there. I am a very creative mind with many hobbies. Life is not always fun and enjoyable, but I'm never bored for one second. Among my interest is music. I make music and events, and I have my own acapellagroup, The Funka! (In Norway That means "it's working!!") check us out on youtube :) I'm involved in environment and health, and I have in mind to start my own webshop. Right now I am using my time to figure out how to make my own commerce through wordpress (puh..hard work!) I'm always searching for quality goods and services, and this forum is interesting for that matters. Hoping to find some good contacts here, for cooperation, inspiration and exchange of ideas. Many heads together work better than one singel! Have a nice day out there :)

6. kenny40

kenny40 New Member

Hi! newbie here...[​IMG]

7. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

:)

8. JoeGat

JoeGat Well-Known Member

Ye hi,

I'm a chopper pilot with a Naval Squadron and after lurking on this site for a while I figured you guys could do with some fashion help, so I signed up.

Wish me luck, this is going to be a DIFFICULT job!!

9. dannya

dannya New Member

Hey just joined the forum, finished uni a couple years back but still havent got rid of the student clothes (way too many printed t-shirts and crappy jeans I'm ashamed to say). So hopefully I can find some good ideas to improve my wardrobe

10. MaBal

MaBal Active Member

Just signed up. I love clothes so it should be fun!

11. Rejuvenate

Rejuvenate Member

I've been lurking here for about a year, and I've learned lots. Decided to join so that I can participate. Great community here, lots of style hapening.

12. Rejuvenate

Rejuvenate Member

I've lurked here for about a year now, and I've learned a bunch. Figured I might as well register and join in actively. Great community, lots of style.

13. Aznhomer16

Aznhomer16 New Member

Just joined, mainly for shoes (love Allen Edmonds) but am finding a whole lot more. I'm originally a watch guy, have been collecting for 8 years or so. But now expanding my horizons a bit.

14. barescanallas

barescanallas New Member

Suit ahoy! Captain and crew, I'm from Galiza and I've been abduced by Barney Stinson anthem, so... suit up!

15. MrDrumngun

MrDrumngun Member

How's it going guys? I'm from NOLA and currently attending LSU for mechanical engineering. I'm tired of the gym shorts and t shirts look so I decided to start expanding my wardrobe to a timeless professional look. On a budget too. It's been difficult to say the least but I hope to learn a lot here.