• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lenteloco

Reaction score
Hello there, I'm Fred I'm in my Mid thirties and work in the Hotel industry. For the most part I considered myself an ok dresser wearing the lates trends but as I've gotten older I've learned that just cause you wear the latest trends that doesn't constitute a well dress Man. I've started collecting a couple of decent wardrobe piece to elevate my fashion game thanks to youtube and some articles I've read online, but have decided to join this forum to get advise from such a wide spectrum of fashionable men and hope to learn and be able to pick up a couple of piece along the way.

SergioPt

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm Sérgio, I'm from Portugal.
I'm an acupuncturist, and serious lover of classic means wear.
I found this forum looking for recommendations about Hong Kong tailors

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm Sérgio, I'm from Portugal.
I'm an acupuncturist, and serious lover of classic means wear.
I found this forum looking for recommendations about Hong Kong tailors
Welcome Sergio, Hong Kong used to be the land of 1000 splendid tailors. I'm not sure how Hong Kong ranks, either price wise or sartorially with tailors in other international cities.

skrama

Reaction score
This is a thread in which you introduce yourself, regulars and new members alike. This is one thread I'd like to keep reasonably civil and reasonably clean, so, let's do that, okay?

I'll start. I'm Fok, one of the adminstrators on the forum. I have a bunch of kids and live in Idaho. If anyone told me any of the above 6 years ago, I would have wanted whatever they were smoking.

I wear jeans 24/7 - mostly Triple Works and RRL, and otherwise, have a lot of belts and overpriced Italian made sneakers. I mix up Wings+Horns, RRL, Jil Sander, Margiela, Haversack, Woolrich Woolen Mills, and SNS Herning,

Hope that you guys have a good time on the forum.

Cheers,

Fok.

Hi

I am Sai and joined this forum to learn more about shoes and dress shirts and pants. Originally from India and now live in the Mid-West. Recently bought Cole Haan Cap-toe Oxfords but read a lot Reddit that Allen Edmonds is a better quality shoe. I will definitely be checking those.

Coming from India, I usually get my dresses custom stitched in India with cloth bought from Raymond, Reid & Taylor or Aravind Mills. I like the 100% high grade cotton. Don't like the polyester blend, feels cheap to me.

Besides that, I am an amateur Photographer (portraits & macrophotography) and an audiophile (basically like to buy expensive headphones, amps and DACs).

Glad to be here!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am Sai and joined this forum to learn more about shoes and dress shirts and pants. Originally from India and now live in the Mid-West. Recently bought Cole Haan Cap-toe Oxfords but read a lot Reddit that Allen Edmonds is a better quality shoe. I will definitely be checking those.

Coming from India, I usually get my dresses custom stitched in India with cloth bought from Raymond, Reid & Taylor or Aravind Mills. I like the 100% high grade cotton. Don't like the polyester blend, feels cheap to me.

Besides that, I am an amateur Photographer (portraits & macrophotography) and an audiophile (basically like to buy expensive headphones, amps and DACs).

Glad to be here!
Namasté, yes AE is one of the better quality American made shoes available on the market. Cole Haan used to be a quality manufacturer, no longer so. CH is overproduced, low quality standards and hasn't been owned by founders for many years now.

MacDuff

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My name's Duff, and I am in love with boots, shoes, and all things classic menswear.

I think I was bound to end up here, considering how much I love the Alden 405 boots, and just how many posts about those boots have been made on the site.

Cheers

J.Hopenstand

Reaction score
Dear All,

I’m Rémi and I have been very interested to read the forum for quite some time. I’m registering today as I would like to share with you a project close to my heart.

With my wife and brother, we re-launched three years ago my great grand father leather good manufacture. We mostly craft reversible belt and other bespoke small leather goods for our customers.

All our products are handcrafted in Switzerland and France, we only distribute through our own website and deliver worldwide. I’m looking forward to discussing about craftsmanship with you and share my experience on leather.

All the best,

Rémi

JeffreyCorey

Reaction score
Hi All;

I'm Jeffrey and Live in LA. I had followed there for long time and I have just had a chance to sing up.
Anyway, I'm there for shoes and especially interested in goodyear welted shoes.

Regards...

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All;

I'm Jeffrey and Live in LA. I had followed there for long time and I have just had a chance to sing up.
Anyway, I'm there for shoes and especially interested in goodyear welted shoes.

Regards...
Hi Jeffery, welcome. I too am a fellow "Angeleno". Goodyear welted shoes covers dozens if not hundreds of manufacturers. Did you have any specific questions regarding brands that use Goodyear welts in mind?

ezano

Reaction score
Hi All, I just joined and am excited to learn a ton (mostly about shoes) from this forum. I am an Alden addict and am currently looking for a pair of Alden for J Crew Cordovan Cap Toe boots in 10.5, so if you happen to know where to find a pair, I'd love to hear about it! Or any Ravello boots! Oh and I'm also a watch guy to my core, so will contribute on that front as well.

-Adam

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All, I just joined and am excited to learn a ton (mostly about shoes) from this forum. I am an Alden addict and am currently looking for a pair of Alden for J Crew Cordovan Cap Toe boots in 10.5, so if you happen to know where to find a pair, I'd love to hear about it! Or any Ravello boots! Oh and I'm also a watch guy to my core, so will contribute on that front as well.

-Adam
Hello & welcome. Alden, wonderfully made shoe. When you mentioned Ravello boots, I'm guessing that you mean Alden Ravello boots or are you referring to boots made in Ravello Italy. Let me know if I can help, regarding this or any other inquiries that you may have.
Ciao, Sinyo

ezano

Reaction score
Hello & welcome. Alden, wonderfully made shoe. When you mentioned Ravello boots, I'm guessing that you mean Alden Ravello boots or are you referring to boots made in Ravello Italy. Let me know if I can help, regarding this or any other inquiries that you may have.
Ciao, Sinyo

Thanks! Yes referring to Alden cordovan Ravello color.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads