1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Valar Morghulis

Valar Morghulis New Member

Valar Morghulis,

My name is Alex. I am in my mid thirties, so it is about time I replace my hoodies and baggy jeans. I own about 10 suits, because there was a time when I had to wear them. Now, I only wear them maybe 20 times a year for special events. I came here to learn how to dress well casually, and also where to buy clothes my sizes; XS, 34S, 36S, 29W.

Valar Dohaeris,

Alex

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  2. Retlas

Retlas New Member

Hi everyone.

I have finally decided to join and announce myself. 40 year old from London, UK. I have 3 kids, who thankfully have stopped throwing up all over my suits and shoes. Many years spent wearing suits, then the last 3 years trying to find comfortable middle ground for that Business Casual role.
    I have definitely spent too much money on Suits and am trying to currently find space for my extensive shoe collection.... Churchs, Bontoni, JM Weston, Visvim and the rest.

3. ohsweetnothing

ohsweetnothing New Member

Hi styleforum,
    I'm Rob. I'm 32 and living in Chicago, IL. I've long admired fashion/tailoring/style/clothes but until the past 5-6 years found it too intimidating and expensive to really explore beyond flipping through magazines here and there. I'm still fairly new, but love learning across the spectrum. I'm particularly interested in the arty/designer/streetwear world, but in the same breath my job requires me to be in a suit most days of the week.

Looking forward to poking around in these forums!

4. HiddenHype

HiddenHype New Member

Whats going on Styleforum Community. My name is Robert and I am part of the Hidden Hype team from the San Francisco Bay Area. I am excited to be a part of the community and look forward to meeting, working, chilling with some of you now and in the near future. Please visit our website at hiddenhype.com to shop some of our exclusive men's fashion and streetwear.

5. jaredjared

jaredjared New Member

Jared here. Just recently joined. Basically looking for those really good few pieces that a season or 2 old.

I wear lots of raw denim to work and am slowly transitioning common pieces with more quality pieces.

Looking forward to this community!

6. Northants bloke

Northants bloke Well-Known Member

Hi. I've been reading here for a while but thought I might register. I like jackets, patterned shirts, jeans or washable trousers. Not into sportswear as it feels like 'lying' as I am close to 50 and don't participate in sports. I live in the shoe county, England but have only this year rediscovered English footwear and so far I particularly like Cheaney shoes.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  7. BergWatches

BergWatches New Member

Hi, gents

I am new to Styleforum and I am here to get feedback on my upcoming watch collection.
    The company name is Berg and is inspired by my hometown of Bergen. Berg is a minimalistic fashion watch brand with focus on bringing the best possible components together to make a high quality, sustainable and unique timepiece.

I will be starting my own thread and hope to get your honest feedback on the products.

Really excited to be here and to learn more about the community, other brands and advice.

Hope to see you on my thread soon.

Best,
    Paal
    Founder of Berg

8. FotoGuy

FotoGuy Member

I'm Tom from Minnesota. I've been a jeans-and-tee-shirt guy all my life, but now that I've retired I think it's time to class up my act. I'm interested in learning from you all.

9. David Ward

David Ward New Member

Hi There.

Im David (It feels like the next words should, be i'm an alcoholic). Im a bespoke tailor on Savile Row in London.
    Apologies for my shocking lack of being photogenic.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  10. bachstylez

bachstylez New Member

Hey all,

I'm Miguel. I am a programmer analyst and like recording rap music as a personal hobby. Used to play violin and trumpet back in high school and learned piano by memory at home. I like to dress well and like quality things: watches, wallets, cologne, and clothing. On a daily basis, I wear Chino pants or jeans, shirts, Polos, but occasionally, twice a week I have my own tradition where I wear a blazer.

Very nice to meet you all.
    I'm looking forward to interacting with the community to learn and getting some good deals to upgrade my wardrobe.

Thanks.

11. gorgeousss

gorgeousss New Member

Been lurking this place for years, just made an account. Didnt realize you had an intro thread. Well I'm Ian, currently new york based, moving to nashville in a couple of days.

12. warhawk27

warhawk27 New Member

How is it going, My name is Mike, and I came across this because someone was looking to see who made an R.A.F. Sheepskin jacket Thom Hardy was wearing on the cover of Esquire. I am a partner at the company that makes the jacket Cockpit USA. after reading through I figured I would register and see what people are talking about.

I am the new guy at an over 40 year old outwear company, what used to be AVIREX, and is now Cockpit, so despite being new, I am surrounded by people that have been doing this for years. So...I am learning.

thanks,

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  13. UrbanTraveller

UrbanTraveller Member

Hi,

I'm Christopher from Sweden. Love clothing and the style that comes with it. I think StyleForum is a really nice community and I hope I will learn a lot and get to know many during my time here. Have a great day!

14. LowEndTheory

LowEndTheory New Member

Hi,

Been a bit of a clothes-horse for years. Pushing 40 years of age, and am a corporate exec-type. Don't spend on clothes like I used to (spending with abandon, basically), especially with having kids, but I still buy quality -- just not as often.

My style can be schizophrenic at times. Sometimes I run with a European look (more English than Italian), and sometimes I'll go all-out Trad. Kind of whatever strikes my fancy that day. You can also catch me at night with a t-shirt, jeans, and low-top Chucks if I'm going casual. Again, a bit schizoid, but usually I'm in "When in Rome" mode.

That's about it, I guess.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  15. fefemac

fefemac New Member

Hi all.

Fred from Oregon.

I like old sunglasses and watches. Casual and classic style.

Decided to join the community because I had a couple questions about some inherit sunglasses.

Thank you guys!

16. drdressed

drdressed Member

Hey there,

Mick from Boston here. Late 20's mental health counselor, downhill mountain biker, and total trad/ivy/English/southern gent clothes nerd. Used to work for J. Crew Ludlow, but now a happily freelancing stylist. Always on the mission to kindly remind this city of it's sartorial roots.

I stick to mostly Sid Mashburn, Spier and McKay, Alden, Alfred Sargent, vintage Brooks Brothers, and Drakes (whenever I can). Chances are, if there is a picture of Paul Newman wearing something, I've tried it myself not long after seeing it. My better looking half is infinitely more stylish than I, and I couldn't be happier about that.

I've been reading SF for a while, but just now getting the time to hopefully contribute. Looking forward to it!

17. HerrPushkin

HerrPushkin New Member

Hey all,

I'm AJ from Minneapolis. Early 20s and soon to be graduating. I quite like clothing and what it says about a person. Blame Interpol. I'm into college trad/ivy/classic menswear, though with modern cuts.

I mostly stick to Brooks Brothers, AE, J Press. My girlfriend and I tend to unintentionally match.

Cheers!

18. Dr Haji

Dr Haji New Member

Hi,

I am a guy from Eastern Europe. In desperate need of a few advices about formal wear.

Programmer and web designer by profession. 32 years old.

19. stevebruce

stevebruce New Member

Hi there, Im Steve. Live in Zurich now but been here there and everywhere else. M&A Lawyer so am one of the few ppl that still has to wear suits everyday (and a tie it seems in Zurich). Favourite fabric mills are Dormeuil, shoes are churches (when they are only on sale!).

Always looking to learn more.

20. Rockridge

Rockridge New Member

Hey there,

Finally made it to styleforum. I'm Randy from Oakland CA I've been reading SF for a while and finally decided its now time to contribute the sartorial dialogue. I'm a huge fan of Thom Browne, Moncler and Paul Smith. For me it's all about the details and fit. Recently started making my own shirts under the label Rockridge. Looking forward to the conversation and expanding my sartorial interest.