• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"introduce yourself" Thread...

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde
The details of my life are quite inconsequential.... where do I begin?

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a 15-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet.

My father would womanize; he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament...

My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon... luge lessons... In the spring, we'd make meat helmets... When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds "” pretty standard, really.

At the age of 12, I received my first scribe. At the age of 14, a Zoroastrian named Vilmer ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum "” it's breathtaking... I suggest you try it.

One of the best speeches in movie history. Props to you for that.
worship.gif

Dr.%20Evil.jpg

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CarolinaTrad
Hello Gentlemen. It was suggested that I post and "introduce yourself" thread...so here goes. I'm a 30 year old attorney in Charleston, S.C. with a fondness for Harris Tweed, turn of the century British made suitcases, raw denim, tube radios, old school punk rock, mid 90's indie rock, and Boston Whalers. Pleasure to meet you all.

Do you also go by the screen-name "Harris"?

I. Gentantithesis

Reaction score
Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of penury sans taste
So if you meet me, have some courtesy
Have some sympathy, do not lambaste
Use all your well learned politesse
Or I'll lay your raiment to waste
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game

HvonM

Reaction score
Hi!

I also noted the absense of the "Introduce Yourself" thread. My name is Harley, I'm 24 and live in Australia. I'd love bespoke shoes, suits and the rest, but cannot yet afford them. So I indulge in some of the nicer RTW shoes and MTM suits. I'll get there one day.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by binge
Do you also go by the screen-name "Harris"?

Harris I believe is a Jersey fellow.

tommyrt

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm 20 currently in my Junior year of college, currently majoring in Mathematics and Economics. Looking for a job in finance or an entrepreneurial business.

I enjoy almost every genre of music ranging from barbershop to hip hop.
I love to cook different cuisines: Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Singaporean.

My favourite items in my wardrobe: C&J captoes, Burberry Raw Jeans, RLPL black leather jacket

good to meet you all!

Tortlaw

Reaction score
Hello All:

New here and could not figure out how to create a new post in the "introduce yourself" thread, so I figured I would just jump in. I welcome any comments on how to create new threads within an area of the forum, as I am new to this media as well as forum.

Anyway, needed to join when I kept being directed to post here in Google searches of various fabrics and suit options.

I am very fond of nice suits and have found my WW Chang suits to be exceptional when compared to my OTR HFreemans or other MTM suits I have in the closet, although I was shocked last week at the pricing increases at Chang since my last purchase in 05. 130/cashmere up to about 1700/suit. Maybe that custom Oxxford is getting closer...

Nice to meet you.

Bob51

Reaction score
Hello all. long time lurker, but I have learned a lot here. I have just purchased my 3rd pair of Allen Edmonds and i see why they are one of the favorites here

Doorstop

Reaction score
Well hell, I'm a noob here too.

I'm 32, and a high school teacher, fresh out of years of bar management in Dallas and Little Rock. I've been thoroughly enjoying dressing however I care to for work, and have been lurking here for about a year. Being a school teacher, most of my treasured pieces were thrifted or carefully ebayed. I currently have a Corneliani blazer that my wife forces me to only wear once a week. My obsession has run to my exploring what exactly it would take to learn tailoring for myself.

Aside from style, I hang out with my 3 year old daughter, cook overly elaborate breakfasts on weekends, and have an occasional cigar.

Pawz

Reaction score
My (internet) name is Tasli Marten. I have no life. I'm also a furry *wonders if one is a consequence of the other*

I like Armani and Zegna, though most of my clothes are 'cheap' (why get dressed to sit in front of the laptop all day?).

So... Yeah. Hello. lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics