• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

coltboy75

Reaction score
I created an account yesterday, built the suit I wanted, picked out a shirt and tie. I used the redflagdeal code adn it was applied. I did not go through the entire checkout process becuase I had a few questions to ask their customer service department. This afternoon the redflagdeal was removed, even after I tried to add it again. Has anyone else experienced this?

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LorenzL
blazingazn, looks pretty good to me overall, just the shoulders and chest are considerably too big in my opinion! How did you input the measures?

Hate to say it, but doesn't look good to me. I'd send it back. Horrible collar gap, shoulders all whacked-out, sleeve length and pitch off...

rotv

Reaction score
Originally Posted by coltboy75
I created an account yesterday, built the suit I wanted, picked out a shirt and tie. I used the redflagdeal code adn it was applied. I did not go through the entire checkout process becuase I had a few questions to ask their customer service department. This afternoon the redflagdeal was removed, even after I tried to add it again. Has anyone else experienced this?

Ugh. I hope it still works, I was planning on ordering a navy suit tomorrow.

coltboy75

Reaction score
This is the response I received from customer service at Indochino asking about measurements being different then what customer gave them...

Nice to hear from you.

Your suit actually goes through 4 measurement processes, 1) The measurements you take yourself, 2) Our operations tweaks your measurements based on the standard measurements of someone for your weight and height, 3) The tailor then further updates your measurements based on his years of experience of cutting suits to your height and weight. 4) Finally when we send you the suit, we then ask for any alterations or remake changes based on the suit that was sent to you to get you a perfect fit. Once our customer goes through this process once, the 2nd time around we do not make any major adjustments nor will our customer need to re-meassure themselves on future orders because you will have a perfect fitting suit measurement.

The measurements that are first submitted are never the measurements used on our suits, this is used as a base to be able to give you a perfect fitting suit and why we ask for all future updates to always be based on the items received and not your first measurements.

Also please note because our tailors may measure differently than yours, we find that measurements taken using our video measurements give a better fitting suit than those taken with local tailors.

Let us know if you have any further questions,

Thanks,

--
Angie
Customer Concierge
Indochino.com
Free Shipping & Perfect Fit Guarantee

infiniti029

Reaction score
In my opinion, don't follow the advice of the suggested measurement adjusments on that madetomeasure site as I did. My suit came way too tight in certain places. I suggest putting in your true measurements, and tweaking it from there after you get your suit. I'm having mine re-done in the next 2 weeks.

coltboy75

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I just ordered the Tailor's Kit, which I think is a brilliant marketing idea. Moderntailor sends out a swatch book for $25 plus shipping and 80% of the fabric is not what the I was interested in. On top of that, the swatches were not labled. With Indochino, I was able to choose suit fabric, shirt fabric and a few overcoat fabrics. Free shipping and they credit the $29 towards my purchase.

I will let all of you know what I chose and if there is any difference, we can pass it around.

LorenzL

Reaction score
as I mentioned before, they clearly recommend to NOT tweak your measures as posted on various websites:

Please let us know if you have taken 4 inches off each measurement as this is incorrect. We are constantly changing our measurement process and find if you follow our measurement process you get the best fitting suit. Most websites that suggest taking measurements are old and provide information that may have been valid then but now is not.

imho it's better to do as suggested, see the result and ask for a complete rework if it doesn't fit

urbanrastaman

Reaction score
I was looking to pick up the ultimate gray suit or the light gray three piece. The only thing that worries me is that the ultimate gray does not say it is fully canvased. I wanted to confirm that all the suits made are fully canvased, or I will spend the extra money for a three piece.

linsook

Reaction score
From the pictures of the tailors kit (swatch book) there is a swatch of the interlining and its labelled 'horsehair interlining swatch. Sturdy canvas comprised of wool and mohair provides and maintains shape.
tailors-kit-inside.jpg
I don't think they are fused. coltboy75 could you confirm when you get the tailors kit? Question. Is horsehair not made from real horse hair?

mjc

Reaction score
From their web site: "Fused and stitched interlining. In addition to fused interlining, higher quality suits will add some additional threading to physically attached the fused interlining to your suit. Reducing the risk of bubbles, this option is standard among most mid to high quality suits. Indochino opts for this option."

- Mike

Capable

Reaction score
Do I understand correctly that they make MTM suits that aren't fused and properly stiched? I.e. working buttonholes, hand stitching on the lapel etc?

This is important as it is about their product's category.

Actually, it would be a brillian idea to have some intermediary party (a business) taking care about quality of eastern tailor's worksmanship - because numerous time people say that when they found a skilled tailor and give him an original to copy, they do magnificent job if all details of it are explained and quality is controlled - or crap if you let them do it their way.

Therefore, a possiblitity to have fantastic value - extra cheap properly made MTM garments.

A lot of Indians by origin make MTMs that are more or less well made, but devoid of any style.

If you add style and quality control, can start taking orders and gettting ready for a huge following.

I am still interested in finding such a business which does not cut corners.

What I have seen so far is what appears to be garments suitable for dressing hotel staff (operations like MyTailor and similar), really stupid if you spend on quality material as well.

One step up is - according to what I learned here - is flying to HK and having suits made there, semi- or full bespoke, top tailors.

Everything else in Asia seems to be a huge bet.

I considered Bangkok, but failed to find any proper evaluation of what kind of quality I could find there - and BKK is notorious for tourist-ripping tailor operations.

urbanrastaman

Reaction score
I did not quite follow. When they refer to fully canvased (i.e. light gray three piece) that is a sewn in interlining, where as if not mentioned (ultimate gray suit) it is a semi fused fully interlining?

Either way the wool they use on the suits looks exactly the same...maybe worth the extra change?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads