• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In praise of "other" stuff: extra buttons+fabric, shoelaces, packaging, & novelty

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a thread for the stuff that you love but hardly ever, if at all, makes it out the closet for whatever reason. Novelty, extra, spare, nostalgia, naff, etc. This probably belongs in MC, but I like you guys better.
box_lowres.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
In addition to some of my finer pieces I rarely where I've got a couple of silk mcqueen scarves, belts, michael jackson socks and such not quite the collection you have. Also have a geller trilby that since I hardly wear decided to put up in my sale thread. I'd like to get some summer headgear however.

wiru

Reaction score
I love the little repair kit and swatch of denim that comes with Atelier LaDurance products. Almost looking forward to tearing something

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wasn't there a prada flyrod and fishing set, or am I think of another design group?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep-the little handmade paper booklets that come with Cucinelli, the booklets that come with LVC, the booklets that come with Borrelli and the collar stays. I also save small, fancy gift boxes from various boutiques and better brands, like Holland & Holland, when the boxes are extra heavy, textured and in great colors. I also save some of the more interesting boutique shopping bags. I don't reuse them, I just like great designs and color combinations.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some companies with cool boxes/packaging:
Wings and Horns
Woolrich Woolen Mills
Schiesser Revival
Alden
Yuketen
Paul Stuart
Black Sheep and Prodigal Sons

Other things:
High end watches often come with ostentatious packaging.
Proper wooden suit/coat hangers that come with your purchase are always nice to have.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I should post pictures of my Prada toolkit/flashlight set, tarot card set, yo-yo, etc.

I hope you actually do end up getting on that, would be interesting.

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I must have tried on 20 hats in the last couple of years but can't bring myself to buy one. I'll have to wait a few more years before I'm comfortable in a man's hat. This thread makes me want to find some way to wear those blue suspenders again without looking like this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads