• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

pridecake

Reaction score
xpost
hey guys,

I'm fairly happy with the new standards I have but I wanted something a bit roomier. I have 29 in NS, and I was thinking of getting a 28 in rescues. Stretched out, the rescues will be overall roomier correct? Also, I have an old pair of Anglaise in 28. How's the cut on that compared to the rescues. I've heard the rescues a bit slimmer? Thanks!

Kodiak

Reaction score
So, I got my Skull 5010xx today (sz27 (one size down) by recommendation) and I'm not sure if they're too small or not. I got them completely buttoned after like 10 mins of struggling (mostly due to the buttonholes being pretty small compared to the buttons), but they're at my actual waist and crushing my balls. Is this normal for skulls to have to be that high for a while, then as they stretch, they'll be able to be worn around my hips, or should I return and get 28s (true to size)?

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackdarkeye
any places online to buy 5ep?

Farinelli. Use link above this screen.

acw816

Reaction score
what do you guys think of this fit of these slim jim dry black coateds? do you think i need to hem them? theyre a 34 inseam and im only 5'7

blackcoat001.jpg

blackcoat002.jpg

blackcoat005.jpg

blackcoat006.jpg

TheFedora

Reaction score
wow dude you have long legs to be 5'7. I'm 5'6 and my inseam is only like 27"...

why didn't you get them with a shorter inseam?

By the way I just got my pants back from the alterer.. one was about a half inch longer than the other but I measured from the middle of the crotch to the bottom of the pants (on the inside) and the inseam is around 27.5" which fits great! So now I know I"m not a 24" inseam

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acw816
what do you guys think of this fit of these slim jim dry black coateds? do you think i need to hem them? theyre a 34 inseam and im only 5'7
Looks to me like you have two options:
1) Leave them the way they are but damp the legs a bit so you can stack them properly since they look a bit out of whack for the time being.
2) Take off a couple of inches and really clean them up.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got these RRL Straight Leg in 33/34 today from a forum member. I already like the fit, they arent too tight in my thighs which is my issue with jeans. So a little stretching they should be good to go.

Question: Do you think I can fit into Somet size 33? Im 6'2, 220, with a 36.5" diameter around the hips (since thats where they sit), or will I just look like a disproportioned fatass? Hesitant about a super taper, any suggestions?

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28

000_0082.jpg

000_0081-1.jpg

000_0085.jpg
[/quote]

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would levi's 511 "soft rigids" be expected to stretch in the waist?
I got them in 28s figuring I'd be fine because my five pairs of 510s are all 28s, but then it dawned on me that the 510s are stretch denim.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BiG seems to have a measurement database for all the jeans they sell. Anyone know of a Nudie database? BiG doesn't sell them, so ain't there.

heyheyhey

Reaction score
Anybody know where I can get a denim patch (or sample patch) for the crotch of my nudies? There's an inch and a half of fraying that's starting to worry me. I can already see the white underthread and a small hole near the centre.

I tried ebay, but there was only one in black, plus I'd prefer to get a proper raw patch.

Any suggestions?

Francis91

Reaction score
Originally Posted by heyheyhey
Anybody know where I can get a denim patch (or sample patch) for the crotch of my nudies? There's an inch and a half of fraying that's starting to worry me. I can already see the white underthread and a small hole near the centre.

I tried ebay, but there was only one in black, plus I'd prefer to get a proper raw patch.

Any suggestions?

Email Nudie and they will send you a repair kit.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
I just got these RRL Straight Leg in 33/34 today from a forum member. I already like the fit, they arent too tight in my thighs which is my issue with jeans. So a little stretching they should be good to go.

Question: Do you think I can fit into Somet size 33? Im 6'2, 220, with a 36.5" diameter around the hips (since thats where they sit), or will I just look like a disproportioned fatass? Hesitant about a super taper, any suggestions?

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28

Measure the RRL and compare?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads