• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HUSBANDS (Paris)

rieux

Reaction score
Hello all -- longtime lurker around here, I just received my commission from Husbands so I thought I'd share some thoughts. Many thanks to all of the posters here for your discussions and pictures; given that this is my first ever "made" suit, this place (and the rest of the forum!) has been an extremely helpful resource.

Given that this was my virgin voyage into the world beyond off-the-rack, I wanted something fairly bland and simple, drawing on this as inspiration. With some helpful guidance from their team member in charge of MTO - who was very thoughtful, knowledgeable, and more than willing to answer the extensive amount of questions I had - I settled on this heavy hopsack from Dugdale. I have since become familiar with feelings towards hopsack suits in some parts of SF while lurking, but it felt like the right choice.

After some delay (I placed the order in-person in September, I believe), this arrived last week:

signal-2024-05-24-113322_002.jpeg

signal-2024-05-24-112426_002.jpeg

(do excuse the poor lighting, it is a particularly dark shade of navy so it may be hard to see; I'm getting the pants altered slightly so I'm happy to share another picture once ready if anyone is interested)

It's the Morrissey cut with the ~8.5-9cm lapel; I didn't want something too loud to start and hoped to get something versatile, as dull as that may sound. It's definitely on the heavier side (14oz) but that was my intent - I live in a place with pretty distinct four seasons so I was happy to sacrifice the summer. The silhouette is beautiful, the jacket stands up on its own as a sport coat, I couldn't be happier overall.

Here's a few random thoughts/hopefully helpful information for those wondering:
  • As someone mentioned before, the team is indeed starting to use a new factory based in Portugal. Based on my recent chat with the team, most new orders (I believe depending on which model you choose) should be going to the new factory with an 8-10 week turnaround. I plan to place an order for a sport coat in the coming weeks, so I'll share how that goes then.​
  • Further to the discussion on the last page - the single-vent model is the Jarvis cut, double-vent is the Ferry, and what you see in the new collection (H10 and H11) is a new single-vent cut, McCartney.​
  • For those ordering RTW online and trying to figure out what to do, their sizing is definitely a little different. For example, I am on the tall+skinny side, so a ~39/40 jacket (or ~49/50 in European terms) *usually* fits me wherever I go, but the base model for my Husbands jacket is a 42/52. I even tried the next size up in person and thought it wouldn't require an extensive amount of altering to fit me properly. I'd suggest reaching out to the team for guidance on measurements, they've been very responsive in my experience, both on WhatsApp and email.​
  • May not be news to some - it certainly was to me - they also do shirts MTO with a pretty extensive range of fabrics and options. It's also done in a completely different factory with a reasonable and predictable timeline (I think it's 6 or 8 weeks).​
That's it off the top of my head, hope it's helpful to some. Happy to share more and answer any questions!

Last edited:

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hello all -- longtime lurker around here, I just received my commission from Husbands so I thought I'd share some thoughts. Many thanks to all of the posters here for your discussions and pictures; given that this is my first ever "made" suit, this place (and the rest of the forum!) has been an extremely helpful resource.

Given that this was my virgin voyage into the world beyond off-the-rack, I wanted something fairly bland and simple, drawing on this as inspiration. With some helpful guidance from their team member in charge of MTO - who was very thoughtful, knowledgeable, and more than willing to answer the extensive amount of questions I had - I settled on this heavy hopsack from Dugdale. I have since become familiar with feelings towards hopsack suits in some parts of SF while lurking, but it felt like the right choice.

After some delay (I placed the order in-person in September, I believe), this arrived last week:

View attachment 2189147

View attachment 2189155

(do excuse the poor lighting, it is a particularly dark shade of navy so it may be hard to see; I'm getting the pants altered slightly so I'm happy to share another picture once ready if anyone is interested)

It's the Morrissey cut with the ~8.5-9cm lapel; I didn't want something too loud to start and hoped to get something versatile, as dull as that may sound. It's definitely on the heavier side (14oz) but that was my intent - I live in a place with pretty distinct four seasons so I was happy to sacrifice the summer. The silhouette is beautiful, the jacket stands up on its own as a sport coat, I couldn't be happier overall.

Here's a few random thoughts/hopefully helpful information for those wondering:
  • As someone mentioned before, the team is indeed starting to use a new factory based in Portugal. Based on my recent chat with the team, most new orders (I believe depending on which model you choose) should be going to the new factory with an 8-10 week turnaround. I plan to place an order for a sport coat in the coming weeks, so I'll share how that goes then.​
  • Further to the discussion on the last page - the single-vent model is the Jarvis cut, double-vent is the Ferry, and what you see in the new collection (H10 and H11) is a new single-vent cut, McCartney.​
  • For those ordering RTW online and trying to figure out what to do, their sizing is definitely a little different. For example, I am on the tall+skinny side, so a ~39/40 jacket (or ~49/50 in European terms) *usually* fits me wherever I go, but the base model for my Husbands jacket is a 42/52. I even tried the next size up in person and thought it wouldn't require an extensive amount of altering to fit me properly. I'd suggest reaching out to the team for guidance on measurements, they've been very responsive in my experience, both on WhatsApp and email.​
  • May not be news to some - it certainly was to me - they also do shirts MTO with a pretty extensive range of fabrics and options. It's also done in a completely different factory with a reasonable and predictable timeline (I think it's 6 or 8 weeks).​
That's it off the top of my head, hope it's helpful to some. Happy to share more and answer any questions!

This is a great writeup, and thanks for the sizing advice.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quite a few model, raise change as well, their shoulder (at least in the prior mode I have) is more build up than Tom Ford, and Tom Ford is definitely more extended.

Atticus is successor to Windsor and run on the longer side right? I would say the two are very different

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the trousers, do they have three cuts? i.e. Extra-wide leg, wide leg, normal? Or just two?

I have an MTO book from maybe a year or so ago listing 6 trouser models. Not sure if any changes since then.

1. DLN fit: flat-front, no rear pockets, tapered leg, 19 cm hem opening (on FR38)
2. MNT fit: flat-front, no rear pockets, straight leg, 23 cm
3. PPD fit: flat-front, flapped rear pockets, flared leg, 25 cm
4. RCH fit: flat-front, flapped rear pockets, wide straight, 27 cm
5. LED fit: pleated, jetted rear pockets, straight, 24 cm
6. TRN fit: flat-front, flapped rear pockets, wide straight, 26 cm

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ha I have no idea what I ordered in the past one is flared, so could be any of them, then the other is “I ask them to make the slim one more straight” also ask them add rear pocket in all cases and remove belt loop so they’re pretty accommodating

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh not Husbands but matchfashion (no return obviously and who knows how well fulfill order these days) still got a lot Ben Cobb X Tiger of Sweden left it’s a good imitation, though they do run long (just look at the model photo shot where everyone is 6+ and jacket doesn’t look stupid short)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
They're all relaxed fit. The shirts with the shoulder/side pleats (not sure what they're called exactly) are relaxed fit while ones without the those pleats are slimmer fit.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TPX99