• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many pairs of boots do you own?

hang10

Reaction score
We've got threads like this for other pieces of clothing, so why not boots? I live in southern California, and frankly wore nearly nothing but sandals until the spring of 2013. Suddenly my SO got into boots and I started looking. And then I started buying. Since then I've acquired far more than necessary, but at least one fewer than I want. :) Some of you have some amazing collections, as I've seen in your photos, but I'm sure others hold back. Let's see what you all have hidden away, and also what might inspire my next addition.

Currently I have 9 pairs:

1 Wings + Horns Service
1 John Varvatos Mainline Convertible
3 Frye (2 Rogan Engineer + 1 Jayden Lace up)
1 Red Wing 9111
1 Wolverine 1000 Mile
1 Patagonia Das Boot
1 Dr Martens work boot (really old, and decorated with evidence of a decade of projects)

yumacool

Reaction score
I've always liked boots and worn out a number of pairs, but only in the past two years have I been purchasing multiple pairs because I like having a bunch to choose from. I can't really explain why, but I'm sure you understand ...

1 Allen Edmonds Long Branch
1 White's semi dress
1 Wolverine 1000 Mile Whitepine
1 Wolverine 1000 Mile Addison
1 Frye Walter
1 Chippewa Apache Lacer

Common thread for them all? Each is a quality boot made in the USA -- nothing from overseas.

Chuck

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RW Gentleman Traveler
Wolverine 1000
Whites Semi-Dress
Frye Arkansas Engineer (much nicer than I expected)
Blundstones
RM Williams Craftsman

StandardStrange

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
First post, and it's a brag. Sorry.

But:

Wolverine 1000mile Brown
Wolverine 1000mile Black
Alden Indy 407
Red Wing 6" Moc Toe 875
Red Wing Iron Ranger 8115
Red Wing Chukka 3141
Red Wing Handsewn 9187
Rising Sun Lineman Boot Brown
Oak Street Bootmakers Camp Boot Navy Chromexcel
Danner Mountain Light Back Bay Edition

...plus a pair of Red Wing 2907s incoming, which I hope to see this week.

Pretty much, it's either a MUSA boot or a Visvim FBT on my feet every single day for the last few years, and going forward.

Which means I should probably get around to purging all the 10-year-old sneakers that I have had in storage for longer than I remember. Anyone want to buy some brightly-colored Nikes?

Last edited:

Atomkun

Reaction score
Although i live in Singapore, i still wear boots/heavy shoes most of the time as i am used to it. Only recently i start to go for lighter footwear such as NB and jack purcell for a change.

My current rotation (in no particular order)

1) Mister Freedom Road Champs resoled by brass tokyo
2) Chippewas 2279 resoled by Rifare Osaka
3) RW Gentlemen Traveller 9010 resoled by Rifare Osaka
4) Old Joe Japan Horsehide Engineer boots
5) Wesco Boss
6) Viberg Horsehide service boots on 310 last (from the sample sale)
7) Lonewolf Carpenter boots
8) White's semi-ddres
9) Redwing 877 vintage
10) Redwing Pecos 1155 (western toe)
11) Redwing Pecos 8866
12) Redwing Garage man
13) Redwing Munson boots (jcrew version)
14) Alden x Leftot #8 Tanker boots
15) Alden Perf tips boots from Leathersoul
16) Danner Postman boots(japan edition)
17) Monkey/Lineman boots from Scotch Grain Japan
18) Kapital Abi Moccasin Boots
19) Yukenten Johnson boots (havent wore them yet)
20) Yukenten Hunting Moc boots
21) Clarks x Warehouse Japan Denim desert boots
22) Wallabe boots

EPrest90

Reaction score
Big fan of boots...to date:

Chippewa 12 inch harness
Red Wing Heritage 2970 11 inch engineer
Red Wing Heritage 9010 6 inch Beckman
Frye Arkansas Brogue
Clark's Roar

And for work:

Red Wing 923 6 inch
Double H Square Roper 11 inch Oak Ice

Looking at getting a couple more Red Wing Heritage boots sometime, very happy with them

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing too wild. I wear one of these about 75% of the time.

White's semi-dress natural CXL w/block heel
White's semi-dress dark brown w/traveler heel
Viberg cap-toe service boots in red dog on 110 last
Dayton service boots in dark brown
Alden indy boots in kudu (actual work boots. kudu is indestructible)
Red wing beckman boots in chestnut
Tricker's eaton brogue cap-toe boots in tan

May add another pair of Trickers or Vibergs in the near future.

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just started wearing boots about 2 years ago. Pretty nice variety of boots people have listed.

Here's my variety and order of purchase

Wolverine 1k Courtland
Alden #8 captoe
Alden Suede Indy - Red brick sole
Red Wing 1907's
Alden 6 eye Brown CXL chukka on crepe ( not sure it counts as a boot)

I think I only have one more Boot purchase in my future so trying to decide between Trickers PT shell(Brown) or Stow or Viberg Shell (brown if it ever comes around) or the waxy leather or rough outs. I'd prefer one of these on commando

hang10

Reaction score

I've always liked boots and worn out a number of pairs, but only in the past two years have I been purchasing multiple pairs because I like having a bunch to choose from.  I can't really explain why, but I'm sure you understand ...

1 Allen Edmonds Long Branch
1 White's semi dress
1 Wolverine 1000 Mile Whitepine
1 Wolverine 1000 Mile Addison
1 Frye Walter
1 Chippewa Apache Lacer

Common thread for them all?  Each is a quality boot made in the USA -- nothing from overseas.

Chuck

Chuck, you've got a few that have been on my list. That's a really nice collection of boots! I think the Frye Walter is one of the better looking moc toes out there. How do you like them? I've also been intrigued by the whitepines, and have had Addisons in my shopping cart more times than I can remember. I'm really considering Addisons next or the Brogue rangers, though I'm not sure that I'll like the RW toe box over Wolverine. The other on my list is a pair of Gentleman Travelers.

yumacool

Reaction score
In response to your comments, I think the Frye Walter is a great boot that doesn't get its due in most forums. The leather is thick, the sole is sturdy and the boot is well made overall. I am very satisfied and couldn't ask for more. I owned a pair of Alden Indies at one time and ended up selling them on ebay. Though I liked the craftsmanship and the nice sole, the steel shank dug into my foot uncomfortably. I even tried a larger size to see if the pain would dissipate, but it didn't. The result was the Frye Walter. I think it was a good decision.

The Wolverine 1000 Mile Addison gets mixed comments in online forums I've looked at -- some people like it and others do not. My wife took a look at it when I tried them on for the first time and said it was the best looking boot I have. If you like the design, the Addison is a fine boot that is well constructed and will last for many years.

I haven't had the Wolverine 1000 Mile Whitepine for a long time but like it thus far. The canvas sides make it cooler in warm weather and the rubber sole is both grippy and comfortable. The Whitepine seems to run at least one size large, from what I can tell. I purchased a full size smaller than my normal size and there is still plenty of room for a thick insole.

Though I like all my boots, I feel the best one is the White's Semi Dress. In brown leather with a leather sole, the boot provides more arch support than any other boot in my collection. The leather is really thick, too. However, the boot is by far the most expensive of all those I own.

I tend to wear chukka and ankle boots most of the year, not just winter. They're comfortable, protective of my feet and help keep me ready for anything. And I just like them ...

Last edited:

hang10

Reaction score
In response to your comments, I think the Frye Walter is a great boot that doesn't get its due in most forums. The leather is thick, the sole is sturdy and the boot is well made overall. I am very satisfied and couldn't ask for more. I owned a pair of Alden Indies at one time and ended up selling them on ebay. Though I liked the craftsmanship and the nice sole, the steel shank dug into my foot uncomfortably. I even tried a larger size to see if the pain would dissipate, but it didn't. The result was the Frye Walter. I think it was a good decision.

The Wolverine 1000 Mile Addison gets mixed comments in online forums I've looked at -- some people like it and others do not. My wife took a look at it when I tried them on for the first time and said it was the best looking boot I have. If you like the design, the Addison is a fine boot that is well constructed and will last for many years.

I haven't had the Wolverine 1000 Mile Whitepine for a long time but like it thus far. The canvas sides make it cooler in warm weather and the rubber sole is both grippy and comfortable. The Whitepine seems to run at least one size large, from what I can tell. I purchased a full size smaller than my normal size and there is still plenty of room for a thick insole.

Though I like all my boots, I feel the best one is the White's Semi Dress. In brown leather with a leather sole, the boot provides more arch support than any other boot in my collection. The leather is really thick, too. However, the boot is by far the most expensive of all those I own.

I tend to wear chukka and ankle boots most of the year, not just winter. They're comfortable, protective of my feet and help keep me ready for anything. And I just like them ...
I've heard some mixed and lots of bad reviews for Frye boots. Frankly, their customer service is excellent. Now, I've had issues with all three of my boots. But I haven't owned any of my other boots long enough to judge the differences. I like the boot lining that they all have, and the leathers seem to be pretty good. None of mine have had any major break in issues. That alone is a huge difference with the RW and W boots I own--but that may be a leather quality issue as well.

I dig the Addison. It looks just dressy enough to pass, but rugged enough to not be confused with a casual dress shoe.

I just picked up a pair of Beckmans in Cigar. I love the look, but damn if they aren't the stiffest boot I've ever owned. I could barely fit my foot into it without a shoe horn. But once inside, they were plenty roomy--and I sized down a full size from my running shoe size. With the crazy heat we've had here in San Diego lately, I doubt I'll have the occasion to wear them for a while, but they'll be here ready to go when fall rolls around.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absolutely, positively a boot guy.

From memory, without going to any of the closets:

Redwing Beckman Black Cherry
Redwing Blackman Black
Wolverine 1K
Alden Indy
Carmina Chukka in Suede
Alfred Sargeant Radwell
Alden For JCrew #8 Captoe Boot
Alden #8 Wingtip Boot
Lucchese Elephant Cowboy Boot
Lucchese Lizard Black Cowboy Boot
Viberg Service Boot in Brown CXL
Carmina Cognac Cordovan Jumper
Crocket & Jones Lindrick Black Calf
Crockett & Jones Lindrick Cordovan
Alfrred Sargeant Miller Boot in Cognac Cordovan and Scotch Grain Calf
Rider Boot Co Walnut Cordovan Boot
Edward Green Galway Dark Oak and Walnut CC
Edward Green Galway Midnight Blue and Navy Calf
Edward Green Galway Zug or Heather Gorse (MTO in process)
St Crispins PC Boot

fierceBadger

Reaction score
Just started to wear boots again and here's the collection. I always let my boots rest at least 48 hours between wearings.

Red Wing Beckman 9011; Iron Ranger 8115; Moc Toe 875; Pecos
Chippewa Service Boot (2 pairs) and Chippewa Rodeo Boot
Wolverine 1000 Mile - Morley and Courtland
Alden "Indy" 403
Frye Dakota and Engineer
Tony Lama Cowboy: lizard, ostrich, calf
Lucchese Cowboy: lizard, buffalo, steer, calf
Larry Mahan Cowboy: ostrich, calf
Nocona Cowboy: shark, steer

OK I'm out of control:D

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Currently only one pair:

John Lobb mid black box boots, but next year buying bespoke navy alligator boots

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads