• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 39 4.1%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 161 16.9%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 319 33.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 152 16.0%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 80 8.4%
  • 41 - 50

Votes: 53 5.6%
  • 51 - 60

Votes: 31 3.3%
  • 61 - 70

Votes: 24 2.5%
  • 71 - 80

Votes: 19 2.0%
  • 81 - 90

Votes: 8 0.8%
  • 91 - 100

Votes: 9 0.9%
  • 100+

Votes: 57 6.0%

• Total voters

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In a recent post in the Allen Edmonds Appreciation thread, a fellow SFer said he had 35 pairs of AEs, and considers himself a typical SF member. I wondered if that's really typical (for instance, I only have 18 pairs of shoes across all brands), so I thought I'd post a poll to get an idea. Feel free to respond with your count by brand, or your total, if it doesn't fit into any of the possible answers.

Edited to add: when I say shoes, I really mean shoes and boots: my 18 pairs include 8 pairs of boots. (I probably should have called it "How many pairs of footwear do you own?", but that just didn't sound right...)

Last edited:

ixk

Reaction score
I have a bit less than 20. I try to get a pair of each top tier brand, seems like fun to me. I'm missing an Edward Green and a Corthay.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In terms of dress shoes and boots, I think it's a bit under 20. I'm consolidating, though. I should probably sell off my brown calf oxford dress shoes as despite Styleforum's best efforts, I really prefer black shoes to brown for wearing with a suit (with the exception of brown suede oxfords.)

fred_jones

Reaction score
I have a brown pair and black to that I wear to work. Nothing fancy but they are Hudson because I love the fit and are very stylish. The carpark at work has shingle everywhere so every time I walk across, which is often to get from 1 building to another during the day, my shoes get absolutely wrecked! Then I have a spare dark brown pair at home which I wear at special occasions.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Including sneakers, sandals, etc or are we talking strictly CMW?

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't include any of my sneakers, sandals, etc.; I was thinking more of dress/casual shoes/boots.

That's what I figured, if leaving out things like Sperry top siders, trainers, hiking boots and sticking with basically GYW, handsewns and similar then I'm probably under 30 but I started less than 2 years ago, I think my AE's should be around 20.

If I could fit into other brands or had access to try them on I'd bet the ratio of AE to non AE would be higher. I'm going to include ones that I currently have and plan to sell because technically I still have them...

I can see adding at least 10 in the next year or two.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what I figured, if leaving out things like Sperry top siders, trainers, hiking boots and sticking with basically GYW, handsewns and similar then I'm probably under 30 but I started less than 2 years ago, I think my AE's should be around 20.

If I could fit into other brands or had access to try them on I'd bet the ratio of AE to non AE would be higher. I'm going to include ones that I currently have and plan to sell because technically I still have them...

I can see adding at least 10 in the next year or two.
I know what you mean; I just fell down the rabbit hole this year (joined SF in February) and have gone from mostly wearing trainers and having 3 pair of dress shoes* to only wearing trainers to the gym and having 18 pairs of dress shoes/boots, with more being contemplated...

(* 2 pairs of the dress shoes I started with were donated to the Vinnies this summer as they'd been replaced by much nicer shoes.)

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not including sneakers/trainers, I am at at 25, but I do plan on adding a couple luxury sneakers, and I think those should count here.
Not a problem, @EZB - you're the one who's counting; you get to decide what counts. :-D

Booter

Reaction score
Break down 11-15 and 16-20 IMO.

11 seems quite different than 18.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Break down 11-15 and 16-20 IMO.

11 seems quite different than 18.
Fair point, but since most of the existing votes are already in the 11 - 20 bracket - and I have no way of knowing who should fall into which of the new brackets (or even who voted in that bracket apart from myself) - I think it's too late to change it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads