• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many pair of shoes do you currently own?

Reaction score
I will start with 274 pairs as of March 15 2022. Consisting of various style and brands such Allen Edmond, Berwick, Yanko, Loake, Crockett and Jones, Yuketen, Russell Moccasin, Heschung, Corno Blu, Handmacher, J FitzPatrick, Enzo Bonafe, Visvim, Brunello Cucinelli, Heinrich Dinkerlacker, Weston, Bontoni, John Lobb, Edward Green, Kiton, and many many more.

pedroims

Reaction score
274 !!! I have 15 pairs and I think is a lot :(

Brands: Carmina, CU, J Fitzpatrick, Beckett Simonon, G&G.

- Two pair of oxfords, each in different shade of brown and styles.
- Three pair of boots: Chelsea Black, Chukkas oxblood, dress boots brown.
- Loafers: Penny, tassel, drivers, horsebit, monks all of them in different colors
- Leather minimalist sneakers in black, brown and white.
- Three pair of Running shoes

This is normally the number of shoes I own, except for the running shoes, every time I get a new pair I will donate a pair. One in, one out is my rule.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will start with 274 pairs as of March 15 2022. Consisting of various style and brands such Allen Edmond, Berwick, Yanko, Loake, Crockett and Jones, Yuketen, Russell Moccasin, Heschung, Corno Blu, Handmacher, J FitzPatrick, Enzo Bonafe, Visvim, Brunello Cucinelli, Heinrich Dinkerlacker, Weston, Bontoni, John Lobb, Edward Green, Kiton, and many many more.
holy moly where do you store them ? I think I have like 20 pairs and recently got rid of a bunch of old tods and sneakers otherwise would be a bit more. I have a mix of tods, JL, loro piana and santoni + some Italian brands I forgot.

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You, sir, are my hero. Respectfully, though... you really don't have enough shoes. You should really consider buying a few more pairs.

SirThopas

Reaction score

I have 42, not including sneakers, slippers and the like. I must admit I thought 42 was rather a lot and perhaps indeed too many, so you've given me fresh perspective!

Mine are mainly Crockett and Jones, Carmina and Edward Green, but with a few other brands in the mix - Enzo Bonafe, TLB Mallorca, Vass, Heschung, Meermin, RM Williams. I'd like to try some more Italian shoemakers, such as Antonio Meccariello, Paolo Scafora and Stefano Bemer, but I'm not sure I can really justify it. Storage is an issue!

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
I have 27, not including sport-specific ones and it's way too much. They're mostly AE with a few Carmina and others mixed in, and to be brutally honest, a lot of them were bad purchases, which I made only because they were either CM staples whatever that means, or because the price was in my (crappy) tax bracket at the time. In actuality I only wear like 4 of them with any regularity (Brown AE Fifth Street which has museuem'ed by itself after years of wear and polish, walnut AE Grantham because the PTB is best for most situations, a museum burgundy balmoral oxford from Cobbler Union which I wear with suits and gray worsted trousers, and a brown lazyman quarter brogue oxford from Fugashin Saigon because lazymans are the perfect shoe).

All the other ones, including various "no gentleman's wardrobe is complete with a proper pair of _____" styles, make me think too much when I am trying to get dressed, and then my analysis paralysis just leads me back to the above.

Last edited:

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m sure with 274 there are still a few gaps in the rotation.

I’m still waiting for the answer as to where these are kept.
I want to see them, I anticipate a shoe cellar like some wealthy individuals wine cellar with the aroma of leather and suede thick in the air.

I'm not really sure how many I have as different people have different ways of determining what is in their collection. I have two pairs of traditional sneakers one for cutting the grass and one for athletic things. But then I have a number of sneakers now from Allen Edmonds so do I count them? They are sneakers but then also from a traditional shoe maker. I have some cowboy boots of similar or higher prices than AE, would I count those?

If I go by traditional SF brands I probably have about 60 pairs. About 5 of which I plan on selling at some point due to fit. I have no end number I'll just buy what I like that fits.

darkcharger

Reaction score
Imelda Marcos would blush at some of the shoe collections being mentioned here. I have about a dozen shoes and a couple of sport shoes and I think that that's already a pretty large but admittedly slowly growing collection. Every purchase has to fit somehow into the rotation when I consider any addition.

Goofy

Reaction score
Russian oligarch by any chance?

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not including sneakers and trainers, I have 11 pairs: 8 shoes/3 boots...7AE/3C&J/1 Barney's NY house label (made in Italy)....7 brown/3 black/1 oxblood.

In other words, I belong on the couch with the rest of the pikeys.
MV5BMjIxMjAzMzUwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDQ3OTczNQ@@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads