• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a great "long run" today, but had to cut it way short... I forgot my Saucony Type A4's at home and had to run in my Trail Gloves. Those don't have enough padding for me on the longer runs (I do love them for trails). I cut my run down to 15 at a decent pace (at 13.1, I was only 6 minutes off my PR). 15 total...

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ran the stairs and the track at the local school today... only about 3 miles and whatever I did on the stairs, but it was warm, I got a good sweat and my weird tendon pain was gone (for now) so a good run overall!

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sambb, hope you have a good and safe Boston.

I've backed off from a half in three weeks. Excuses, excuses, but just haven't maintained a groove since my last 20K run -- food poisoning and a couple of colds popped up. So I'm shifting my goals, and instead will aim to get my 10K time down to mid-40 mins by fall and save these impressive but ridiculous distances for you fellas :D

No idea if I can get there, but that's part of the challenge.

Reaction score
Its my habit to run 5 miles daily in morning.It keeps me fit and slim.Specially id you are aged then the morning walk and running is good for you to keep your self active.People are gradually leaving this habit but to get up early and go for a walk and running always keeps you energetic.Just look the life style of a army personnel.He does not leave the morning walk and running even after the retirement.
T Shirts with Sayings

Last edited:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To all those running in Boston today, good luck and be careful--the heat advisory.

This morning, 4 miles. Had to turn around sooner than planned due to lightning. On the way home--it was before sunrise--I encountered a mama skunk and her brood. QUICK DETOUR!

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll echo ClarinetPlayer's sentiments and say good luck to those out in Boston today. I have a couple acquaintances from my gym who went out there for it and it will be interesting to hear their stories when they report back. They always seem to have a great time.

It was about 65º at 5:00 a.m. today so I was able to get in about 7 miles before work. Unfortunately, the rest of the mornings this week are looking to be much much cooler.

redpawn

Reaction score
2 miles today. Pretty low compared to what everyone else is doing on here...

Just getting back in the swing of daily runs. Trying to work up to at least a comfortable 3 miles every day.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boston in . . . 3:24

Very very tough day. Massive positive splits. Took a spill at mile 24 when both of my legs completely seized up. Tumbled and the couldn't move my legs. Luckily to spectators came and stretched me out for a couple minutes before helping me to my feet. I had no choice but to walk from there, but I walked at many points. It was an awesome experience and I am not disappointed despite the slow time, because it was really really really really hot out there. Tried to see poster dr. Nero at start but missed the connection.

Hope all had goods weeks!

closetmess

Reaction score

Very very tough day. Massive positive splits. Took a spill at mile 24 when both of my legs completely seized up. Tumbled and the couldn't move my legs. Luckily to spectators came and stretched me out for a couple minutes before helping me to my feet. I had no choice but to walk from there, but I walked at many points. It was an awesome experience and I am not disappointed despite the slow time, because it was really really really really hot out there. Tried to see poster dr. Nero at start but missed the connection.

Congrats, well done! I saw a wheelchair racer set a new world record at the Boston today, which is pretty cool.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have pics that I need to collect. Will get a good race report up before long.
As always thanks for the support all - this thread is awesome.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sorry it wasn't what you'd hoped for, Sam, but happy that you're taking a positive away from it.

4 for me today. Trying to get back in the swing of things after a few spotty weeks of too much work and a bit of vacation.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
3 miles for me - quite hard work for some reason.

Sam - sounds like an epic marathon! It may not be the time you intended but many people will never manage 3:30 even on their best day so good effort to have done that time in those circumstances and to have got to the end under your own steam!

Charlie

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Sam, from what I'd heard those were brutal conditions - had those been in effect at Houston, the race would have been cancelled. Congratulations on finishing!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mafgd