1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Fueco

Fueco Distinguished Member

I had a great "long run" today, but had to cut it way short... I forgot my Saucony Type A4's at home and had to run in my Trail Gloves. Those don't have enough padding for me on the longer runs (I do love them for trails). I cut my run down to 15 at a decent pace (at 13.1, I was only 6 minutes off my PR). 15 total...

2. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Distinguished Member

ran the stairs and the track at the local school today... only about 3 miles and whatever I did on the stairs, but it was warm, I got a good sweat and my weird tendon pain was gone (for now) so a good run overall!

3. Spatlese

Spatlese Distinguished Member

Sambb, hope you have a good and safe Boston.

I've backed off from a half in three weeks. Excuses, excuses, but just haven't maintained a groove since my last 20K run -- food poisoning and a couple of colds popped up. So I'm shifting my goals, and instead will aim to get my 10K time down to mid-40 mins by fall and save these impressive but ridiculous distances for you fellas :D

No idea if I can get there, but that's part of the challenge.

4. CrooksAiden111

CrooksAiden111 Member

Its my habit to run 5 miles daily in morning.It keeps me fit and slim.Specially id you are aged then the morning walk and running is good for you to keep your self active.People are gradually leaving this habit but to get up early and go for a walk and running always keeps you energetic.Just look the life style of a army personnel.He does not leave the morning walk and running even after the retirement.
    T Shirts with Sayings

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012

5. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Distinguished Member

To all those running in Boston today, good luck and be careful--the heat advisory.

This morning, 4 miles. Had to turn around sooner than planned due to lightning. On the way home--it was before sunrise--I encountered a mama skunk and her brood. QUICK DETOUR!

6. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Distinguished Member

I'll echo ClarinetPlayer's sentiments and say good luck to those out in Boston today. I have a couple acquaintances from my gym who went out there for it and it will be interesting to hear their stories when they report back. They always seem to have a great time.

It was about 65º at 5:00 a.m. today so I was able to get in about 7 miles before work. Unfortunately, the rest of the mornings this week are looking to be much much cooler.

7. redpawn

redpawn Member

2 miles today. Pretty low compared to what everyone else is doing on here...

Just getting back in the swing of daily runs. Trying to work up to at least a comfortable 3 miles every day.

8. samblackbones

samblackbones Distinguished Member

Boston in . . . 3:24

Very very tough day. Massive positive splits. Took a spill at mile 24 when both of my legs completely seized up. Tumbled and the couldn't move my legs. Luckily to spectators came and stretched me out for a couple minutes before helping me to my feet. I had no choice but to walk from there, but I walked at many points. It was an awesome experience and I am not disappointed despite the slow time, because it was really really really really hot out there. Tried to see poster dr. Nero at start but missed the connection.

Hope all had goods weeks!

9. closetmess

closetmess Senior Member

Congrats, well done! I saw a wheelchair racer set a new world record at the Boston today, which is pretty cool.

10. JayJay

JayJay Stylish Dinosaur

Congrats, Sam! Glad you made it to the finish. Any pics?

11. samblackbones

samblackbones Distinguished Member

I have pics that I need to collect. Will get a good race report up before long.
    As always thanks for the support all - this thread is awesome.

12. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Sorry it wasn't what you'd hoped for, Sam, but happy that you're taking a positive away from it.

4 for me today. Trying to get back in the swing of things after a few spotty weeks of too much work and a bit of vacation.

13. Equus Leather

Equus Leather Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

3 miles for me - quite hard work for some reason.

Sam - sounds like an epic marathon! It may not be the time you intended but many people will never manage 3:30 even on their best day so good effort to have done that time in those circumstances and to have got to the end under your own steam!

Charlie

14. Thomas

Thomas Stylish Dinosaur

Sam, from what I'd heard those were brutal conditions - had those been in effect at Houston, the race would have been cancelled. Congratulations on finishing!

15. StylinGuy

StylinGuy Well-Known Member

0 miles. ill just do double that tomorrow...