• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i did about 20 minutes of kettlebell work last night. This morning, I bouldered at the gym for 35 minutes after dropping the kid off at school (not a euphemism).

I'm fighting off of a pulled muscle in my right shoulder, so have been taking it easy on the overhead lifting.

Also, forget renting a kilt. Just buy a SportKilt if you want to try it out.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, eff targeted ads on Facebook.

BA1E7B89-66BB-44F5-A29D-9537D76801A6.png

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*******, I'm back to reporting by the run...

After my day off, it was 6 x XC / hill repeat laps today, for a total of 8.4km (41 3/4 furlongs... oops sorry, 5 1/4 miles), half of each lap on ice, after the strange succession of warm and cold days we've had, so my Salming iSpikes were really proving their worth. Quite a bit of crusty weird snow too. Felt really strong, and wouldn't have said no to a couple more laps, but I am sticking to my program.

Total time: 38:20 for 4:34/km (7:20/mile)

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are the spikes made out of that ice isn't an issue? I would never get the value out of them but curious.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are the spikes made out of that ice isn't an issue? I would never get the value out of them but curious.

Tungsten Carbide, AFAIK. They shoes will probably last me many years with the amount I actually use them (no more than 10k a week for about 3-4 months of the year). I may not ever need to buy another pair. But they fill a niche and they do work really well.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
16 “miles” tonight. Tough workout at sub-threshold with 10s spikes into anaerobic. Had to pause a couple of times which likely deprived me of some of the training benefit, but no one’s paying me to do these intervals. :)

1614743393556.png

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6.9 miles in 5 laps around the neighborhood. The first 2 laps ticked in at 12:30, the second 2 with some effort right at 12:00, and the final lap was 13:xx. Each lap is roughly 200ft gain/loss so hoofing it up the one big climb requires me to focus. Tonight will be an hour on the bike in a steady effort. Not that anyone cares but here is my current schedule:

Monday: Off, maybe stretching
Tuesday: Run. Neighborhood or Tempo on greenway
Wednesday: Peloton, steady effort and stretching
Thursday: Run. Opposite of Tuesday
Friday: Off or 20-30 minute Peloton class
Saturday/Sunday: Longer runs likely in double digit mileage.

Once I am vaccinated, I will figure out where to through the gym for weights in here. KB work at home isn't really weights.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Windy AF today. So windy when it was on my beam it nearly blew my front tire out from under me.

1614816260424.png

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7.3 miles this morning in 54:55 (7:31min/mi) for my tempo/interval. 1 mile warm up, then 0.25miles on / 0.25 miles off for nine sets, then run out the remaining 2ish miles. Temps were in the 40s so it felt great. Only challenging spot was where the flooding occurred covering the path in mud so I had to walk as it was slippery. One part I ran in a field to get away from the mud and thought, "this must be what fell running in England is like."

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
35 minutes of bouldering at the gym this morning. I’m getting my mojo back pretty quick. I flashed a V4 and did about 15 problems total.

I’ve now shed my holiday weight gain. Now it’s time to work off the COVID weight gain. I weighed 181 at this point last year, and was at 188.6 this morning. My peak in January was 193.6.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One part I ran in a field to get away from the mud and thought, "this must be what fell running in England is like."

Accurate.

I also did intervals today, but I tend to do km intervals over a 10.6km (6 1/2 mile) distance: 1km easy, 1km tempo, and so on.

Today felt pretty good, the sun was out and even though there was a stiff north-westerly, it wasn't that cold. I ended up with a total time of 0:48:49, which is 4:36/km (7:24/mile), but more importantly the interval times were smokin': an average of 4:14/km (6:48/mile) tempo, and 4:54/km (7:53/mile) easy.

Really, that's a little too fast for the easy paced sections, so I think it's about time I increased the distance for this run a bit.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Day off today. My weekly pattern for March is like this:

Monday: day off (bike trainer)
Tuesday: XC / hill repeat loops (6 x 1.4km)
Wednesday: easy run (13.2km)
Thursday: km intervals (10.6km, soon to be increased)
Friday: day off (weights)
Saturday: steady run (10.2km rising to 14.2km over the month)
Sunday: long run (18.2k, rising to 25km over the month)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads