• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How many miles did you run today?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7.4 miles this morning is roughly 55/min. It was 1mi warmup then every other 0.25mi was a quicker pace, usually in the 6:XX range for 8 reps then cool down was 1.5mi but still in the 7s. Felt great to get out early and fasted.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10 miles this morning and temps were back below freezing. :(

We got up to the mid 50s yesterday afternoon and I was really tempted to forgo (forego?) my planned day of rest and get out for a run and enjoy the weather. Once I finally had the time to do so, the temps had dropped down into the lower 40s and the sun had gone away so I decided not to bother, it's not like I would have had time to get in as many miles as I really would have wanted to anyway. Looking at the long-term weather forecast, it appears we're out of the thick of the absolute worst of winter, but it will still be plenty chilly out there.

Usually we head down to Naples, Florida for a week in the middle of February and then again in the end of March or early April. Whenever I go down there, I enjoy the nicer weather and get a bunch of running but I notice when I get home to Michigan, I lose nearly all motivation to do much running until the end of April or early May. I think the Florida weather spoils me and ruins running in Michigan for me for a while. We didn't go down this month and aren't planning to later in the spring either, maybe that will help me keep my overall miles up this year.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
been running but not posting, has been an exceptionally busy two weeks with work.

4 miles during lunch break today at 7:50 pace for what was supposed to be a recovery day. it was a super windy day here so it screwed up my perceived effort as i wasn't really looking at my watch (i try not to on recovery days). cracked 40 here for the first time in several weeks, nice to run in shorts and a single layer.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yesterday: 7 "miles," 15 minutes of yoga, and 43 push-ups.
Today: A cadence and single-leg workout is on the calendar, but I am feeling exceptionally fuck that this evening. We'll see...

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
300 pushups (4x30,4x25,4x20) and 75 minutes on the trainer while watching Letterkenny, Outlander and Animaniacs.

We got about 8” of snow last night, so I won’t be running at night for at least a few more days.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Yesterday I did a 10 mile loop starting/ending at the casa. I'm testing out a couple loops that I figure I can do in under an hour so I can slip out before or after work and get in a ride. Over 1000 feet of climbing in that 10 miles so I figure not a bad 50 or so minute ride just to keep it going once I start the new gig. One longer ride on the weekend and 2-3 shorter rides is what I hope to keep up along with 3x weekly weights.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yesterday I did a 10 mile loop starting/ending at the casa. I'm testing out a couple loops that I figure I can do in under an hour so I can slip out before or after work and get in a ride. Over 1000 feet of climbing in that 10 miles so I figure not a bad 50 or so minute ride just to keep it going once I start the new gig. One longer ride on the weekend and 2-3 shorter rides is what I hope to keep up along with 3x weekly weights.
Work?!

1614353489385.png

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
*sigh*

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Outside ride! 41 miles in Z2 with 4 efforts (10s sprint/4-10m at FTP/10s sprint). The geography didn’t play well with the efforts, so three of the four were shorter than my intended 10m at FTP.

1614491176218.jpeg

1614491197664.jpeg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
15.25 miles this morning with an overall pace of 8:11/mile. It was warm enough that I am now down to only two layers on my upper half and I needed to take my hat off about halfway through the run. Spring is approaching!

Strava says I set a new half marathon PR at 1:45:04 which is about 90 seconds faster than my previous PR back on November 28th.

1614529259628.png

I'm considering getting a weighted vest for training in once or twice a week. Anybody ever use one for running and have any recommendations?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10.8 miles today is a break between rain. In the 70s here so I was just in shorts and probably under planned on water so I need to get back on my hydration game.

MP, there is a quick ultra runner here in town who does a lot of weighted walks and hikes. It seems to keep him fit and likely mixed up standard days of running.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy