• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5.6 miles this morning. Temps were in the teens and we had another couple inches of very fluffy snow this morning so it was pretty slow going. My wife is taking the kids up to the beach house later this morning (yes, they're going to go hang out on the beach... in Michigan... in the coldest part of winter) so I'll have a few hours alone in the house for the first time in 11 months. I think I'm going to use that time to go for another run along the same route and then come home and take an uninterrupted nap!

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
8 “miles” after work. Had to tack on a short intro session to get up to my daily 30 min minimum. I guess this is a light week leading up to the ass-beating on Sunday...

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10.9 miles today on the snowy greenway.

Has anyone tried Vuori clothing? I have a discount for it but the reviews I can find are more workout related versus running specific.

I’ve been thinking about trying it, but I keep seeing reviews that suggest they might not have the best quality control. I’d buy it from a place with an easy return policy (cough, cough, REI).

kaizerpi

Reaction score
Anyone here on Zwift? Finally ended up ordering a mid-range bike trainer and gonna start a power training program when it arrives.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weekly Report

63.8km (39 2/3 miles) this week over 5 runs. Up to 172.4km (107 miles) for the month so far.
3 x easy pace: total of 43km (26 3/4 miles) at an average pace of 5:10/km (8:19/mile)
1 x 10.6km (6 1/2 miles) km interval session, average paces: 4:19/km (6:57/mile) on / 4:59/km (8:00/mile) off.
1 x 10.2km (6 1/3 miles) steady run, average pace: 4:30/km (7:15/mile)

I can't run my XC repeats because the snow is still too deep... but otherwise, apart from suffering from the cold on a couple of runs, everything is good and I am feeling really quite strong right now.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another 10.9 miles today and signed up to be a sweeper for a local 50 mile race. I doubt I’ll have to run the whole course as there are a couple loops but it’ll be at a 15-20min mile pace for most of it. Feeling pretty strong the past couple weeks with minimal weekly mileage then two 10 milers at the end. Don’t want to say it’s an age thing but who knows.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
21 “miles” of this ass beating interval session. With the easy week before, it was pretty manageable. Between last night’s longish session and tonight’s I’ve concluded that the saddle on my Felt may have been fine for 5-mile rides to work, but it’s excruciating on the trainer. I had to pause after the first set and get another bib to try out @fueco’s baboon butt trick. That worked well enough to get me through, but now I have to figure out which saddle to buy.

1613974453864.jpeg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6.3 miles again this morning. We had a few more inches of very heavy snow overnight but at some point it switched over to rain so the streets (where I was able to run in them) were pretty clear. It was 35º when I started my run. This is the first time we've been above freezing since February 5th and the first time it was above freezing during my run since January 14th.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Planning my first ride in 12 days today so wish me luck, boys!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a nice 68 degrees yesterday afternoon with no sun. I made my way to the track for a sprint session. I'm still slow as **** right now on my 400m. I ran my first one in 71.5 seconds and the second one in 75 seconds. I'm about 6 seconds off my normal time of about 65 seconds. I need to do my speed work.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads