• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After 2 weeks off in which I did jack **** but trout fish in Montana and hike in Yellowstone I got back in the saddle and ran 3@23:20 . . . . I stepped of the treadmill to drink water a few times but I ran the whole thing at an 8MPH pace, which is better than I was doing before my trip

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so lets say you are running in the morning and you see a black bear
what do you do

and i'm not joking, i might start running outside but i don't want to run into any bears

I just spent $90 on bear spray and $16 to ship it UPS back to my house because I couldn't bring myself to throw it away and didn't have time to find boy scouts to donate it to . . . . I have tow and might sell you one if you are interested

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just spent $90 on bear spray and $16 to ship it UPS back to my house because I couldn't bring myself to throw it away and didn't have time to find boy scouts to donate it to . . . . I have tow and might sell you one if you are interested

Black bears are fairly easy to deal with, as long as you don't get between a mama and her cub(s). Make a lot of noise, and they'll usually just saunter off. I would walk (not run) until you're out of sight before continuing on at a run. If a black bear attacks, fight back. If a grizzly attacks, play dead.

Frankly, I'm more worried about elk and moose, as they can be unpredictable. I walked past a cow elk during a run in Jasper a few weeks ago with no problem.

Today, 4 miles with the dogs, with temperatures in the low 80s.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4 miles today. Walked another 2-3. Nice to see my fitness hasn't really dropped off while recovering from a slight foot injury. Must be all that cycling while watching the World Cup.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
3@23:30/4@31:30

rough run today, pushing pace from 7.5MPH to 8MPH so there were rest and water breaks where I stepped off the treadmill. I may have to dial pace back and stair-step up to 8MPH if this keeps up

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3@23:30/4@31:30

rough run today, pushing pace from 7.5MPH to 8MPH so there were rest and water breaks where I stepped off the treadmill. I may have to dial pace back and stair-step up to 8MPH if this keeps up

Does the treadmill only have 0.5MPH increments? If not, you could slowly go up by 0.1 to help ramp up your pace. If it is only 0.5MPH increments, I would suggest changing it for just a brief time then ramp it back down. A little at a time is better than all or nothing. The only way I can get myself to stay on a treadmill longer than 1 mile these days is with some sort of tempo change or workout in mind.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My disdain for the treadmill is such that I frequently run on icy trails in sub-20 weather just to avoid the dreadmill in winter. :decisions:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 slow miles with the dogs this evening. I waited until the temperature dropped to 90 to go out.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This evening's run might be fun... Maybe I'll wait until 10:00 PM when it's supposed to be 81.

Screen Shot 2018-06-28 at 9.01.30 AM.png

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3 miles last night. Work has been kicking ****** and yesterday I had a 6hr conference call...I mean who does that?

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
4@32:35

not feeling it at all today

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads