• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
Nice run (minus the patches of ice all over the place, fell 2 times), 9.5 miles with hill repeats at the lake for 20 minutes as the half time show.
Here are some pics from the soon to be frozen Lake MI and some houses that I passed on the way....

Great pics.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
21.2 tonight - got my long run out of the way tonight so I can have some extra time for christmas prep over the weekend.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mile repeats thursday beat up my legs so I took friday off. Then a very easy 4 today to stay loose for a *gulp* 15K tomorrow. That is going to be a tough race in the cold--a double loop of central park. wheeeee

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4.94 miles in 43:19 (avg. 8:46 min/mi)

Today's Aerosmith-heavy shuffle playlist:

The Beatles - "A Day in the Life"
Aerosmith - "Rats in the Cellar"
Aerosmith - "Milk Cow Blues"
Pink Floyd - "Echoes, Pt. 1"
Aerosmith - "Last Child"
Porcupine Tree - "Heart Attack in a Lay-By"
Led Zeppelin - "Battle of Evermore"
Aerosmith - "Sight for Sore Eyes"
Led Zeppelin - "The Rover"

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10 miles in the most wonderful and scary conditions....
On my trails which are now no longer dirt but solid Ice. Sunny and very cold, I was the only one on the trail except one nordic skiier. I used microspikes. Pace was slower than normal but it was one hell of a work out.
I will post pics this evening.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Can someone educate me on micro-spikes? I'm in Boston and will need to deal with winter very soon.

Microspikes are like mini crampons for shoes. The ones I use are like mini golf spikes made of Zirconium Oxide that literally cut into ice (and tear the **** out of asphalt), that slip over my shoes, making running on ice/snow over ice/black ice possible and feel rather confidant.
http://www.kahtoola.com/microspikes.php

Yaxtrax are a popular option, they are like chains for your shoes.
http://www.yaktrax.com/

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
jeez. You guys are pretty tough to be running in those circumstances. I wuss out at about 30 degrees.

Today, 2.7 miles, 18:30 or so.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pics from yesterday.....
about 8.5 miles of rutted ice...1.5 miles of road to get to the trails-errr I mean luge tracks!

Tried out my new Ipod Nano touch....listened to Bolt Thrower, Budos Band III, and The Magic Numbers

Modern Day Adonis

Reaction score
Those are some nice pictures. The running in the snow is laborsome but I absolutely love running outside in the snow, especially on trails like you pictured.

I'll be trying out "screw shoes" this week; I fly home to the frozen tundra Thursday. Has anyone else tried screw shoes? http://www.skyrunner.com/screwshoe.htm

I'll post and update with my thought/comparison to the Yak Trax I have. I really don't like how the rubber tends to force the toebox of my shoes to curve upward. Minimizing black toenails and blisters would be nice...

The main issue I see is that you have to pretty much dedicate/ruin a pair of shoes for it. I have 4 pairs at the moment 3 with pretty decent wear and a fresh pair so this isn't much of an issue.

45 minutes this morning, 6:3x-6:5x for most of it. Felt alright, a lil tired from last nights impromptu race effort.

20 minutes tonight shakeout with 5x 30/30 and core work.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7 today in 45:50 (right around 6:30's)
@antirabbit: Those microspikes look f*cking awesome!
@about11oclock: how did that 15k go?
I want to double up tonight but I am feeling soft.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads