• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many meters did you row/erg today?

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Admittedly not. I'd say about 65-70% of my work meters come from L4-type pieces, but a lot of that work is done out in my single. Because I don't yet own a SpeedCoach, I can't monitor stroke rates or splits very accurately on the water, which makes doing real L4 workouts effectively impossible.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hit 4:03 today for my boatclub's 1k course in the single. The old PR was 4:08. **** of a lot harder to pull 2-minute splits in a single than on an erg!

Also, I did a 10k on the erg the other night, cycling through 18/20/22 spm. I think I went balls out for the last minute or so. Finished with 1:55 avg. split.

Last edited:

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still out of shape.

3k x 2. First was 1:55.0/20-22spm, second 1:53.5/23-24spm. 3 minute rest in between.

Even though I'm very out of shape to rowing standards, I can easily outwork everyone on a b-ball court. Stupid people don't know how to hussle :)

AndyMcL

Reaction score
Haven't posted in a while. Got really sick for about a month and pretty much got no real training. Working back up to old levels. Doing a lot of steady state and some cross training. When it gets to August going to start upping the intensity.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
30k today in the single. Went a little nuts, haha. I'm now past 500,000m for the summer. I think I still have a chance of making it to a million before fall crew starts up.

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

30k today in the single. Went a little nuts, haha. I'm now past 500,000m for the summer. I think I still have a chance of making it to a million before fall crew starts up.

30K?? were your hands like ground beef after that?

4x2k today. not the most hellish workout i've ever done, but i'm really starting to hate ergs.

1:49.8
1:49.8
1:49.7
1:49.6

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ow.

cKcHl.png

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
today was my lifting day

before weights: 20 seconds @ 1:18.7
after weights: 5k @ 1:50.9

BobD

Reaction score
30 min steady state today. 20SPM, HR ~140, splits between 2.00 and 2.10.

Felt good. A solid piece, not all out by any means, but I'm happy with it.

Been training every day this week as I have a week off and home alone. Back to work next week means a return to 6am sessions and more effort required to find the time.

Happy rowing/erging...

B

AndyMcL

Reaction score

Pretty legit 8x500 there! Keep up the good work, you're making a lot of progress.

Haven't been doing a lot of erging/rowing lately, mostly been focusing on cycling. Trying to break it up a bit.

dacia1300

Reaction score
did a 6.30 2k a couple of weeks back after 4 years of not setting foot in a boat, this was on a machine at the gym btw. a steady regiment of pull ups helped. i guess it's like riding a bike or the machine sensors are off, because that struck me as extremely good given the fact that I havent done it in so long.

Last edited:

AndyMcL

Reaction score

did a 6.30 2k a couple of weeks back after 4 years of not setting foot in a boat, this was on a machine at the gym btw. a steady regiment of pull ups helped. i guess it's like riding a bike or the machine sensors are off, because that struck me as extremely good given the fact that I havent done it in so long.

Wow, that's pretty damn impressive. Good work!

As for me, getting back into the erging. Been traveling a bit, so just trying to get some steady state in when I can. In Chicago now, but found a local gym that's doing a 7-day trial, so been erging there.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude, you should stop by for some kind of NESCAC erg bash. A couple of my high school buds are going to Williams and Trinity; we could have 4 11ths of the conference represented!

AndyMcL

Reaction score

Dude, you should stop by for some kind of NESCAC erg bash. A couple of my high school buds are going to Williams and Trinity; we could have 4 11ths of the conference represented!

Haha be careful what you joke about, My 7 day trial ends after tomorrow so I need to find a new place to erg for a few days.

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2.5 weeks off from exercise, went and pulled a 1:28 flat 500m. the ergs at my gym are messed up though, there's so much dust in them that they only go up to drag factor 95 when the resistance is set to 10. i bet i could go faster if the drag factor was 130+.

dude.... what. i would check to see that the machine is working properly. concept 2's sometimes have an issue when the performance monitor thinks it's hooked up to a different model than it actually is. you can tell by being way faster than you should be and if you go to the display mode where it shows your force curve, it'll look like a bunch of points scattered all over the place instead of a consolidated line.

it should look like this:

force_curve_new.gif

if your machine is working fine, well congrats and i hate you.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads