• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how do you rock 'em jeans? : Fit Pics & Description

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HC-SF-109
HEAVYWEIGHT
Samurai JIN 17oz
s0110xj
Part 1: FIT Evo

I've had my Jins for about a year prior to the contest. 'Future-sized to a W34 [SU1]. 'LUVed the unique texture/weave of the denim__ the mid-rise & relaxed straight cut were a plus. However, the [rider] back pocket placement was not really to my liking, so i put them away after a week's wear.

'Been procrastinating on a plan to re-do the pockets until HWDC2 got me to finally follow through.

Re-positioning the back pockets similar to my Yamato 001__ w/c meant moving each pocket a tad lower & closer to the center =the back seam [ie, about an inch, diagonally] has made a world of difference, IMO ... apologies, if i offended the LeePro & WranglerPro lovers out there ;)

JINfinalFBold.jpg

JINfinalFIT.jpg

JINfinalFIT2.jpg

Part 2: Jeans Evo

2y/o= 12mos effective wear= 5 washes + a final double cold wash for the "finals" evo shots__ the double wash amazingly bumped up the fade contrast

jin_1whiskr.jpg

JIN3wWHSKR.jpg

JINfinalLAP.jpg

JINfinalARCs.jpg

JINfinalBPs_1.jpg

jin_1crotch.jpg

JINfinalFLY.jpg

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow - those Samurais have gone really well. Props

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just picked these up from the Levi's tailoring shop in their San Francisco store. All of these are LVC from the late 90's and early 2000's and were made on Valencia Street in SF. I've had the tailoring shop patch them over several years now and these are the latest.

Last edited:

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Late pass, but these are awesome. Where'd you get them? I assume there were only like five pairs ever made.

Missed [this], sorry
1f62c.png

Got them on a trade a few years ago, but haven't worn them much cuz they needed a proper hem job.

Just picked up from BiG today
1f44d-1f3fc.png
, so they're added to current rotation.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Denim Jacket Edition:

Fall Anticipation:

StudioDArtisan XXXJ-2 Type1 15oz Natural Indigo Dyed, Dry Deadstock
Momotaro MJ2103 Type2 O/W 14.7oz "Copper Label" Denim

1B5AC971-4AD9-45F0-8328-8FC6B669D6C8.jpg

Last snaps before the soak: ***fit pix to follow

2CB0AEC1-A6C6-47C0-A892-1FE86E39AE17.jpg

xxxJfastners.jpg

ED963790-3B7D-4E96-A2A6-9E4DD427694A.jpg

xxxJpatch_inpocket.jpg

xxxJbutton.jpg

CD61641A-7074-4ADD-92EA-275A2BEE4F9D.jpg

Last edited:

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CanadianTux weather today!

SD XXXJ-2 Type1: Partially hot soaked the sleeves, then the rest as water got cold :: 1st time in the wild. :: Denim is still stiff & needs a few wears to drape better :: Cut is generous @shoulder&sleeves__ great for layering.

90A72A83-E3B0-4A32-A34B-4D661A98EAA7.jpg

8CB9E9D0-A9C8-46DF-B896-F7B2399A47DF.jpg

xltros

Reaction score
So long story short. Discovered this site about a year ago, which led me to rrl jeans. ended up buying a few pairs of low straight. Now I wonder if it's the right fit. Can you guys let me know how these look, please?

Thanks!

Im mainly wondering because I'm 5'8. And I read a thread that low straights are not ideal for shorter guys and that I should go with slim cut. Unfortunately I read it after buying about 3 other pair of low straights as well(it's an addiction). So what do you guys think, bad style/fit for me? Will tapering from knee down help?

Last edited:

flowcharts

Reaction score
I think you picked the right cut -- and that's coming from someone who wears almost exclusively slim/skinny denim. I wouldn't really worry about your height either, but balancing upper & lower body proportions is really one of the best things to shoot for. Since your top half is bulked but not giiiant, slim straight makes sense for balancing that out-- and that cut/length looks casual but not sloppy on you.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Agree.
... but, @xltros, slim taper [w/ some breaks, but no cuffs] is the best way to go__ makes your lower body longer, therefore, U taller. Straight, loose, w/ wider leg opening, especially on double or monster cuffs will make U stumpy.

About upper vs lower body proportions, IMO U can tweak it by choosing the appropriate rise.

If you're bulky or have long torso, U need to get mid-higher rises__ lowrise will consequently through off the balance & exaggerate the upper body even more ... Long slender legs, shorter rise
1f913.png

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members