• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

noretailplease

Reaction score
25% MAYBANKHOLIDAY25
They’re in the UK.

The LE military patchwork overshirt is available in a few sizes.

Also, some stuff at My Theresa.
MAYBANKHOLIDAY25 doesn't work. boo.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
MAYBANKHOLIDAY25 doesn't work. boo.

IMG_9617.png

Edit: seems only some stuff is included.

kurdo

Reaction score
Anyone have this shirt?

RRLFW23037_a_1110x.progressive_jpg.jpg

It is described as a relaxed fit and size medium is said to be "44. It is no longer available on Ralph's website, so can't check what the width is for size small.

I have a similar shirt in size medium described as "42.50. However, that is a slim fit shirt. It fits me well.

It's a final sale item, so won't be able to return it if I don't get it right.

So my question for those who own this: would you say this relaxed fit shirt in size small is the equivalent of a slim fit shirt in size medium?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone have this shirt?

View attachment 2188763

It is described as a relaxed fit and size medium is said to be "44. It is no longer available on Ralph's website, so can't check what the width is for size small.

I have a similar shirt in size medium described as "42.50. However, that is a slim fit shirt. It fits me well.

It's a final sale item, so won't be able to return it if I don't get it right.

So my question for those who own this: would you say this relaxed fit shirt in size small is the equivalent of a slim fit shirt in size medium?
I would not characterize this shirt as relaxed fit and would not size down.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've realized over the years that sizing down is a bad idea lol.
In general my body has expanded in every area even with my weight fluctuating.

Nowadays, I size for my shoulders, therefore should fit me regardless of my weight.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've realized over the years that sizing down is a bad idea lol.
In general my body has expanded in every area even with my weight fluctuating.

Nowadays, I size for my shoulders, therefore should fit me regardless of my weight.
I got brand new shirts I thought I’d someday squeeze into. It’s a bad look, man.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ralph used to sell slim fit work shirts actually labeled as such. They were not particularly slim fit; only slim in relation to usual work shirts.
IMG_9621.jpeg

Current production dress shirts really are slim fit though.

kurdo

Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered this shirt from STAG for $240. The shirt's original retail price was $400, which is a lot for a casual shirt. And that had me wondering ... why do you think they priced this @ $400? What sets this shirt apart from their other shirts that sell for less? Is it the perhaps the special/unusual pattern? You can get very nice jackets from Japanese repro brands for that money. Either the markup is insane on RRL or we (I) simply underestimate how much they invest into research, design.

RRLFW23037_a_1110x.progressive_jpg.jpg

Also, what's the purpose of the encircled opening. It's there on some but not all shirts. I tried googling my question, but don't know the word for that opening, so can't find relevant results.

Csj9sbK.png

Last edited:

Bamaboots

Reaction score
I've seen seen that detail on vintage work shirts before. I only own the western shirts and can't speak to it's appearance on other RRL shirts. On a vest it's the anchor hole for a pocket watch chain. As to the ridiculous costs of these shirts; reading the details they usually mention the rarity of the cotton, (they say my new jeans are made from cotton grown exclusively in TN) the indigo that was used and the buttons are made from the shell of some mollusk most of us have never heard of among other things that they use to justify it. I was drawn to the shirts because of the look and I found the fit to suit me better than any others I had tried to that point. Then I found the quality to be excellent and consistent for the most part. Can't say that justifies the cost but I keep buying them. Always looking for sales.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought japanese repo brand are ridiculous price these days as well, I'm buying for aesthetic and on sale..., I'm sure value speaking nothing ever can be justified...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyh78