• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you get "movie star" white teeth?

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Casey
My sister's high school chemistry teacher brushes his teeth with pure baking soda, and his teeth are pretty white.

I have seen my teeth get a few shades whiter by using Arm & Hammer whitening toothpaste with the whitening booster. Of course, my teeth are not all the same color and they're still not all the same color, but they definitely look better than they did in the past.

I'm no professional but I also attribute teeth whiteness to what you consume. When I was in China for 2 weeks, I had at least one soda a day and when I got back home, i was disgusted with my teeth.

And just wondering, when you drink Coke and your teeth feel all weird like it's disintegrating, is it actually disintegrating?

I use Colgate's teeth whitening paste, drink 6-7 cups of coffee every day and my teeth are still white (some say pearly white, but that's a matter of opinion).

Tardek

Reaction score
I use colgate, and I have amazing teeth. Seriously, just brush your teeth twice a day every day. If you must, get that listerine teeth whitening pre-brush rinse as well, and if you really must, brush after every meal. It's really as simple as that. Edit: Also, it's what you cram in your pie-hole. If you drink a lot of pop, don't expect to have great teeth. Trade your sugary fizzy drinks for plain soda water. It's fizzy, and it helps your teeth instead of rotting them.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tardek
I use colgate, and I have amazing teeth.

Seriously, just brush your teeth twice a day every day. If you must, get that listerine teeth whitening pre-brush rinse as well, and if you really must, brush after every meal.

It's really as simple as that.

Edit: Also, it's what you cram in your pie-hole. If you drink a lot of pop, don't expect to have great teeth. Trade your sugary fizzy drinks for plain soda water. It's fizzy, and it helps your teeth instead of rotting them.

That's all there is to it!

Casey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
I use Colgate's teeth whitening paste, drink 6-7 cups of coffee every day and my teeth are still white (some say pearly white, but that's a matter of opinion).

Very interesting. I guess those commercials really are true.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Casey
Very interesting. I guess those commercials really are true.

Not all products work, though. Those strips never worked for me.

TowleY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by likeitaloud
Well there are A LOT of whitening stuff on the market including Listerine, toothpaste, gels, strips, w.e

I find most of them work well but non really give you that "vivid white" look. Is there anything that actually whitens your teeth to the point where it is pure white like what you see on TV sometimes?

the professional stuf is called dentures.

caphill

Reaction score
I used NiteWhite to get them white and now I use Listerine Whitening Mouthwash to keep them that way. The Listerine stuff is quite good--in fact, if I'd known about it before, the NiteWhite might have been unnecessary.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

zeni

Reaction score
Not all products work, though. Those strips never worked for me.

Me either. Then again I could only get about halfway thru because they made my teeth ridiculously sensitive. I swear they must strip the enamel or something.

Taxler

Reaction score
1. Have your dentist make impressions of your teeth and give you trays.

2. Buy this product:

http://www.colgate.com/app/Colgate/U...ibleWhite.cvsp

3. Use this product with the trays.

That's all you need.

Previously you said all you need is toothpaste; then you said you tried strips and they didn't work, and now you've moved on to bleach trays being all you need.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Taxler
Previously you said all you need is toothpaste; then you said you tried strips and they didn't work, and now you've moved on to bleach trays being all you need.

When did I say all you need is toothpaste? I think you are confusing me with someone else.

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I've had a pretty good experience with crest whitestrips. not 'movie star' white, but for $20 they made a noticeable difference. I plan on using them again

jim_n

Reaction score
do any of these white strips and products like nitewhite harm your tooth enamel? Ive been told to stay away from these products??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads