• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
First official outing for my new bespoke suit in a very subdue, classical combination. Very happy
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it the same?
I'm quite happy with mine, since it's easy to dress both up and down according to what I wear together with it.

It is the same and I agree that it is easy to wear and I'm entirely happy with it. I also have 14827:

Last edited:

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the advantages of getting older is that one can affect styles with greater impunity. Prior to the death of my first husband, I had expressed the desire for a Homburg, to which he said, 'You're too young to wear a Homburg". After his death, as a 54-year-old widower, I figured then I was old enough to wear a Homburg.

Agreed. These days, dressing conservatively is almost an act of rebellion for guys my age. I look forward to when it will simply be considered 'dressing'.

Conversely, I am grateful to have grown up in a time when balding white guys could shave their heads without being called fascists. Swings and roundabouts.

(Sorry to hear you lost your husband so young.)

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agreed. These days, dressing conservatively is almost an act of rebellion for guys my age. I look forward to when it will simply be considered 'dressing'.

Conversely, I am grateful to have grown up in a time when balding white guys could shave their heads without being called fascists. Swings and roundabouts.

(Sorry to hear you lost your husband so young.)

Proper hats (as opposed to hipster skinny-brimmed abominations) for someone your age would be an act of rebellion, or at least rather extreme retro styling.

It is good for those of us with a dearth of follicles that nowadays one can shave one's head without needing also to wear skintight acid-washed jeans and 20-eyelet Doc Martens.

As for my husband (and his loss), he was some 23 years my senior, though I can tell you that the loss of a spouse is an order of magnitude more affecting than the loss of a parent, regardless of the age of the spouse in question.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Summer here again today (around 86F) which is probably not the best thing for the few cherry trees (like the one in this picture) that survived the drought.

Napps Of Waterbury ivory silk jacket, Brooks Brothers pink, blue, and white glen plaid PPBD shirt and BB#1 Stripe tie, Thomas Pink pocket square (that seems to be trying to escape from my pocket although when I left the house this morning it was where it belonged), Banana Republic glen plaid grey linen trousers, Rugby Ralph Lauren socks, and Allen-Edmonds grey suede Strandmoks.

Piece-Of-A-Person (with escaping pocket square) picture.

(It's now back where it belongs but I didn't want to take any more pictures.)

Close up of the shoes and socks. I have ordered grey shoelaces from Shoe Lace Express but they haven't arrived yet.

I have still been walking around all day and (so far) no one has made any bizarre comments about wearing grey shoes with tan shoe laces or about my pocket square trying to escape. Bizarre comments only seem to happen when you post pictures of what you are wearing online (and are often made by those who never post pictures of themselves).

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry to hear about your loss, Upr_Crust.

A few late winter fits. Challis and madder.

Lovely ties, Tweedy, and thank you for your kind thoughts, but my late husband died some seven and a half years ago, and I have had the great good fortune to have remarried someone very different than my first husband, but an equally excellent partner. How I lucked out twice is still a mystery to me, but, as they say, "I'll take it!".

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derinmichel