• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hal Freeman

Reaction score
My presence in this thread will be seriously curtailed for the present. Early Sunday afternoon, in running to catch the elevator in my apartment building, on my way to brunch, I slipped and fell, and have sustained two fractures to my pelvis. Happily, neither of them require surgery, but the more serious fracture was to my right acetabulum (the socket for the ball joint of my right leg), which has made it very painful to put weight on. I must not put any weight on that leg for the next six weeks, until the fracture heals. I am now the proud owner of a walker (what in the UK is known as a Zimmer frame), and must make use of it for the next several weeks. I will effectively be homebound.

You gents will, of course, carry on splendidly without me, and I will cheer you on in that regard.

That sounds unfortunate! Get well soon sir!

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crusty, my best wishes for a speedy recovery! You'll enjoy your proper wardrobe even more after the break.

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ouch @upr_crust .. I mos def wish you a speedy recovery! Still BLAZING hot out here in the central valley (in the upper 80's and mid 90"s)...A couple of warm weather clothing still being worn for different dressy casual occassions..@jcmeyer would be proud of the white chinos in the first look! I finally broke down! lol

\

SC: rl polo (100% linen/partial lining)

SHIRT: borrelli

TIE: hugo boss ( silk/linen)

PANTS: incotex (cotton)

SHOES: too boot ny

P.S: tommy hilfiger (linen)

HAT: not sure (gifted)

LAPEL PIN: nordstroms.

SC- battistoni (cotton/wool mix)

SHIRT: brioni

TIE:hickeyfreeman

PANTS: suit supply (cotton).

SHOES: cordwainers

P/S: no name

SC rl purple label

SHIRT: finamore napoli

TIE: knottery

PANTS: samuelsohn m2m

SHOES: magnanni

P.S: battisti napoli

LAPEL FLOWER: the tie bar

WATCH: omega seamaster (vintage)

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How dare you have such great teeth. It's so unfair.

Superb fit BTW.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, thank you all for your good wishes for my speedy recovery. At present, I should be fully recovered, by medical estimates, in about six to eight weeks - just in time for the holidays. Meanwhile, it's physical therapy and pain management, with a walker (a Zimmer frame, for those of you in the UK) to assist in transport. It's rather like rehearsing for becoming an old codger, though, at 61 (as of yesterday), "codger" may be a present-tense noun :embar:.

yonkle

Reaction score

Gentlemen, thank you all for your good wishes for my speedy recovery. At present, I should be fully recovered, by medical estimates, in about six to eight weeks - just in time for the holidays. Meanwhile, it's physical therapy and pain management, with a walker (a Zimmer frame, for those of you in the UK) to assist in transport. It's rather like rehearsing for becoming an old codger, though, at 61 (as of yesterday), "codger" may be a present-tense noun :embar:.

Get well soon and happy birthday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thursday: new tie and the mid morning cuppa

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tweedy bag